Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to set up Car Net on my ID4 just delivered today. The car is connected to WiFi and 4G. I am trying to get the car to display the QR code so I can complete the setup in the app.

“Sorry something has gone wrong with the connection to VW Car Net. Please try again later.”

I rebooted the screen and then did a 12V battery pull for 10 minutes to reboot the car. No change.

Is this something the dealer needs to flip a switch on their end for to indicate the car was delivered? Or is it a Car Net issue?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,435 Posts
Trying to set up Car Net on my ID4 just delivered today. The car is connected to WiFi and 4G. I am trying to get the car to display the QR code so I can complete the setup in the app.

“Sorry something has gone wrong with the connection to VW Car Net. Please try again later.”

I rebooted the screen and then did a 12V battery pull for 10 minutes to reboot the car. No change.

Is this something the dealer needs to flip a switch on their end for to indicate the car was delivered? Or is it a Car Net issue?

Thanks!
I have this vague recollection of finding something on the car menu somewhere - maybe under settings, and I got the QR code. At the time I wasn't even expecting it, but I figured the app needed to see it, and it seemed to work.

·
24 Posts

Thanks!
I have issue when setting up car net initially, then the sales person told me to contact this number 833 982 2048.
the customer service then found out some issue with my car net account, she reset my account and password. After i set up with new password it works fine
the whole process took me 20 minutes on the call and car net is up and running - so far so good.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue
475 Posts

Thanks!
I had exactly this issue. No QR code would appear. So I wrote to my sales guy and he did something, not sure what, but I got a txt with a carnet message and everything was working.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,931 Posts
The Car-Net folks have been very responsive. If your dealer team can't resolve give them a call:
(833) 648-2735

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
404 Posts
Don’t have an ID.4 yet, so I can’t specifically help, but did you try disconnecting your ID.4 from WiFi and then try to setup Car-Net? From what I’ve read, folks can’t connect to the car if it’s connected to a WiFi network.

·
ID.4 1st Edition Glacier White
221 Posts
This is interesting. I have been having issues with the in-car data and did a factory reset. After doing that my car-net account was closed. When I went back in to re-add the car, no QR code’s show up and I get the same error you are getting. If this is not resolved tomorrow I will call the number that a bunch of the helpful posters have posted to get resolved. Glad I came across this thread. I almost wonder if VW has some servers down over the weekend which their IT guys will fix by Monday and all will be working again.

·
7 Posts
I have the same problem with Car-Net. Got my FE the other day and my sales rep put my VIN in my Car-Net garage. I have been unsuccessful to complete my enrollment even after calling Car-Net. I am happy with the car without the Car-Net the last couple of days. It has more than enough power to accelerate, change lanes, etc. Even better than my V6 Toyota Highlander.

First day, I drove it to Carlsbad, about 60 miles away. I used mostly D mode but switched to B mode during traffic. I get the impression that the range miles showing is inaccurate. I started with 292 miles and ended with 120 miles, saying I used 172 miles. The odometer showed I drove only 127 miles. Of course, the starting range mile of 292 could not be correct because the ID4 is only rated at 250 miles. I plugged it in using my JuiceBox 40. Started at 38% SOC (120 miles) and ended charging at 80% SOC (272 miles) after close to 4 hrs. Again 272 miles is high for an 80% SOC.

Today, (2nd day), my screen was frozen. There was no 4G signal and all the functionalities were showing in the screen but not responding. All the buttons below (clima, mode etc) were also not responding. I tried to reboot by pressing the power button but it did not help. Tried to turn on/off the starter switch and the remote but no help either. The ID.cockpit display was the only thing working. I drove anyway without being able to use A/C for about 20 miles and parked. Did my errand and came back and open the trunk using the remote. I pressed the brake pedal and voila, the 4G signal is back and all the screen functionalities were back.

My question is do we need the 4G signal for the screen functionalities to work (Vehicles, Radio, Climate, etc.)? Does the 4G comes with the car or do we need to subscribe to the Verizon plan and pay $20/ month after the 30th day of car purchase?

Would the accuracy of the Range Miles improve later? Today, the Range Miles started at 272 miles and ended up with 156 miles, shedding 116 miles for actual miles driven of 69 miles as per odometer.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,931 Posts
No/No
CarNet.VW.com:
Sky Font Grass Darkness Magenta

My Car-Net did cease at my 30-day anniversary but that was a computer glitch that they resolved within 4-days.
My question is do we need the 4G signal for the screen functionalities to work (Vehicles, Radio, Climate, etc.)? Does the 4G comes with the car or do we need to subscribe to the Verizon plan and pay $20/ month after the 30th day of car purchase?

·
ID.4 1st Edition Glacier White
221 Posts
No/No
CarNet.VW.com:
View attachment 3179
My Car-Net did cease at my 30-day anniversary but that was a computer glitch that they resolved within 4-days.
What were the magic words you used with them to get this resolved? Also what number did you call to utter said words? Like many others my 30-day saw my car-net cease to continue working and no amount of calls to VZ, Car-Net, VW have yielded it working again.

·
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Of course, the starting range mile of 292 could not be correct because the ID4 is only rated at 250 miles.
The ID4 can probably do 292 miles, just not on the highway. The car will usually be overly-optimistic if you're planning a highway journey. I always lean towards not trusting the EPA rating, but also not trusting the car's GOM (guess-o-meter). It's usually somewhere in the middle.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,931 Posts
(833) 648-2735

Good to see elsewhere that you got it resolved! (y)
What were the magic words you used with them to get this resolved? Also what number did you call to utter said words? Like many others my 30-day saw my car-net cease to continue working and no amount of calls to VZ, Car-Net, VW have yielded it working again.

·
1,699 Posts

Thanks!
Why are you removing leads from 12V battery?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts