Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After one year of ownership the ID4 still cleans up well. Traction battery capacity is holding well at 75,600 Wh, so around 2.8%* loss but not bad and expected. The only problem I had with the car that the dealership did not damage was a sun shade cover binding and needing to be

Edited from 1.8% to 2.8% @SunWizard thanks for reminding me to check the original scan!

replaced.
Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car Building White

·
2021 Pro AWD
327 Posts
After one year of ownership the ID4 still cleans up well. Traction battery capacity is holding well at 75,600 Wh, so around 1.8% loss but not bad and expected. The only problem I had with the car that the dealership did not damage was a sun shade cover binding and needing to be replaced. View attachment 12269
wait, what did the dealership damage? sounds like a backstory here...

my car had had one visit to dealer for warranty work for defective airbag. they damaged my trim in multiple places and forgot to tighten the driver's seat in place and left 7 small stinky air fresheners in all crevices

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
wait, what did the dealership damage? sounds like a backstory here...

my car had had one visit to dealer for warranty work for defective airbag. they damaged my trim in multiple places and forgot to tighten the driver's seat in place and left 7 small stinky air fresheners in all crevices
Well yes there is.... When the sun shade needed to be replaced the dealer had to drop the roof liner. When doing this they messed up the trim around the map lights in the front. I noticed this before leaving the dealer and showed them. They put an order in for the part. I left the dealer got about a mile away and then noticed the right steering wheel controls did not work (they dropped a tool on it I guess) turned around and showed the tech this too. They then asked to hold the car over night to give it a look over since they missed these issues. Went back the next day and now they broke the power seat by ramming it into the baby seat in the back till the gears stripped and fully broke the map light and mic trying to "fix" it without waiting for the trim to come in.

Having the right steering wheel controls broken was the largest pain. It took ~45 days to get the part in and while it was broken it would not always recognize button pushing, or think I was pressing it when I was not. If it had one of it's fits when I turned on the car it would often crash the radio screen making it black. It would also just randomly change the radio station or song. Never had a problem before them damaging the right control, or after it got replaced.

I ended up calling VW customer care and found out that VW does not cover physical damage (even when it's the dealer that did it) so needed to finish out this saga with the current dealer. I did ask them for a recommendation and the rep was able to connect with ID4 mobile repair team (or something like that, I don't remember the name) who travels to dealers and helps techs out with the ID when they don't think they can fix it on their own. I guess this team needs to be requested by the dealer not the car owner, but they do interact with the techs directly and a few weeks later she called back with a dealer who was recommend by the mobile tech team. Did my 1 year checkup with them without issue.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on your first year! I have a terrible time of ranking my cars because they're all so different and each brings with it unique memories and experiences, but the ID.4 is definitely "a favorite."
Totally agree. For me this was the first EV so it was extra exciting.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
4,259 Posts
Wow, I might be considering another dealership service in the future if not too inconvenient!

But then I had an Audi tech drop/scrape the front passenger seat on the sill when doing a recall. I had to discover that for myself as well !! 😖
Well yes there is.... When the sun shade needed to be replaced the dealer had to drop the roof liner. When doing this they messed up the trim around the map lights in the front. I noticed this before leaving the dealer and showed them. They put an order in for the part. I left the dealer got about a mile away and then noticed the right steering wheel controls did not work (they dropped a tool on it I guess) turned around and showed the tech this too. They then asked to hold the car over night to give it a look over since they missed these issues. Went back the next day and now they broke the power seat by ramming it into the baby seat in the back till the gears stripped and fully broke the map light and mic trying to "fix" it without waiting for the trim to come in.

Having the right steering wheel controls broken was the largest pain. It took ~45 days to get the part in and while it was broken it would not always recognize button pushing, or think I was pressing it when I was not. If it had one of it's fits when I turned on the car it would often crash the radio screen making it black. It would also just randomly change the radio station or song. Never had a problem before them damaging the right control, or after it got replaced.

I ended up calling VW customer care and found out that VW does not cover physical damage (even when it's the dealer that did it) so needed to finish out this saga with the current dealer. I did ask them for a recommendation and the rep was able to connect with ID4 mobile repair team (or something like that, I don't remember the name) who travels to dealers and helps techs out with the ID when they don't think they can fix it on their own. I guess this team needs to be requested by the dealer not the car owner, but they do interact with the techs directly and a few weeks later she called back with a dealer who was recommend by the mobile tech team. Did my 1 year checkup with them without issue.

·
Pro S Gradient RWD White / Black
526 Posts
My ID.4 I think is about two or three months over a year old 18000 miles, it does still clean like it was new, except a few dealer installed free carwash swirls on the hood (10K visit :mad:), but my battery is 72200; based on some reports my ID.4 seems to degrade a lil faster. Range seems to be unaffected so far, so not too bothered (yet). 🤞

·
39 Posts
So what method are you all using to grab battery status? I am coming up on 1 year and 29K. Now I will say I have enjoyed the car immensely. Currently only cosmetic issues the door seal on the bottom is rubbing off and the driver's seat ID4 logo seems to be separating as a perforated material will do under stress.

·
2021 AWD Pro S
1,880 Posts
So what method are you all using to grab battery status?

Reactions: cpf

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what method are you all using to grab battery status? I am coming up on 1 year and 29K. Now I will say I have enjoyed the car immensely. Currently only cosmetic issues the door seal on the bottom is rubbing off and the driver's seat ID4 logo seems to be separating as a perforated material will do under stress.
Yep as Sun Wizard shared I am using Car Scanner Info to do this. I was checking it about every 4 months, but it took a year to see any noticeable drop.

·
2021 AWD Pro S
1,880 Posts
Traction battery capacity is holding well at 75,600 Wh, so around 1.8% loss but not bad and expected.
You must be computing that assuming it started at 77,000 wh, did you actually measure it when your car was new? Mine was at 78500 when new, and now is at 78400 after 2000 miles. @VW TECHNICIAN reported that 78500 was the normal new capacity. The few other people I have seen test when new and at 70F reported similar numbers.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You must be computing that assuming it started at 77,000 wh, did you actually measure it when your car was new? Mine was at 78500 when new, and now is at 78400 after 2000 miles. @VW TECHNICIAN reported that 78500 was the normal new capacity. The few other people I have seen test when new and at 70F reported similar numbers.
I was for that calculation. When new it was 77800 new ~70F, so I guess around 2.8% drop.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro RWD since 6/21
477 Posts
Tomorrow is our 1 year anniversary with our Pro. I was driving a perfectly good Fit at the time and normally I would have kept driving such a car until it was starting needing a lot of work, but when I found a ID.4 on the lot a year ago I just had a feeling that it was a good opportunity that I should not pass up. I'm glad ecstatic I went for it.

·
25 Posts
A Year Ago
Ah, time flies when you’re having fun! (What do the frogs say? Times are fun when you’re having flies!) We took delivery of our ID.4 Pro on June 23, 2021. We’ve driven 12,284 miles thus far. This is our first EV and the first car with technology. Prior to this, a CD player was technology. I never considered cruise control that allowed me to slam into the vehicle in front of me as technology. YMMV. So, how have we fared? Let me tell you. The ID.4 has plenty of acceleration, but is not a Tesla, Porsche or MME, etc. The safety technology is incredible. Growing up, everything was BS (before seatbelts). The ACC and Lane Assist are awesome. It is roomy and comfortable; no one riding in the backseat has their knees touching their chin. I don’t accidently roll down the rear windows anymore like I still do when driving our remaining ICEer. We have a SplitVolt system at the house that runs off the clothes dryer circuit, giving us 21mi. per hour of charge and works perfectly without hiring an electrician, but we usually charge for free at assorted free charging stations, including EA. EA worked almost flawlessly driving from Orlando to Atlanta and back and the savings paid for the hotel, essentially. We do not miss the oil changes. The technology: none of the “shortcomings” have diminished our satisfaction with the ID.4. We get everywhere we need to go, quietly, and enjoy the ride. We are still learning how to use the tech and are ready to see where the upcoming updates take us. None of the glitches we have incurred have been traumatic. We’ve added Weather Tech floor mats for the front and back seats and a Muddy Buddy for the back end because it covers the floor and the seat backs. We purchased an under-console storage unit and back up camera hood from ETSY. I 3D printed a small top storage unit that sits where the 2 credit card holders are as well as a sunglass holder for my Ray Bans for the visor. And lastly, I purchased a Spigen glass Infotainment screen cover for the 10in. screen. I’ve been using Spigen cell phone cases for years and am just as pleased with the screen cover as the phone covers. Today, I filled up our ICEer; it’s a Suby (#5); it drank $57+ for ¾ tank. As the gal in one of the old Volkswagen “Un-pimp the Auto” commercials said, “It’s definitely suckin’!” Sorry for the long post; I just had to share.

·
1,103 Posts
Congrats on a Happy Year Together!

“Un-pimp the auto” was never something I thought would apply to my VW’s(5 so far) but my last two will be gone in a space of two months due to needed financial readjustments. After 9 months together I know my ID.4 is going to miss me and it’s roof top tent but we burned brightly at least and had a lot of pretty amazing adventures.🍻
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Now I am ready to reap all of the useful advantages of my marvelous 4X4 truck again but sadly it has developed an expensive drinking problem….

·
39 Posts
The last week of June 2021 was a busy time for VW dealerships. It seems like a number of us across the country picked up an iD4 that week. I can tell you 30K miles of gas free driving has been wonderful. Only sad thing is that I am going to need to replace my rear tires. Love the ride and the room of my first VW.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The last week of June 2021 was a busy time for VW dealerships. It seems like a number of us across the country picked up an iD4 that week. I can tell you 30K miles of gas free driving has been wonderful. Only sad thing is that I am going to need to replace my rear tires. Love the ride and the room of my first VW.
Congrats to you too. 30K on the tires (assuming the fronts are fine still) Is really not that bad, and I was guessing I would need tires about then too. I think most of us will have to buy just two tires at a time every now and then. With regenerative brakes/ power from the back, those tires have to do a lot of work all the time.

·
39 Posts
Congrats to you too. 30K on the tires (assuming the fronts are fine still) Is really not that bad, and I was guessing I would need tires about then too. I think most of us will have to buy just two tires at a time every now and then. With regenerative brakes/ power from the back, those tires have to do a lot of work all the time.
The fronts are set for another 20 I will bet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts