Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been driving my VW for about 3 weeks now and use the home charger on a occasion (only between 70% and 80%) for short charging windows. I have 2 plugs in my garage at the moment and 1 the charger does not work, It has to do with the plug not being grounded. So I used my other plug that is grounded however I need to use an extension cord (industrial strength) as it the plug for my garage opener (on the ceiling). I have had it plugged in that way for a number of weeks and worked fine till recently. Now I am getting a blinking Green light on the "home" icon and a steady red light on the "x" icon.

I am trying to see if anyone else has had issue with the provide VW plug?

As a side note, I have left the charger cable plugged in the wall without it plugged into the car. Not sure if I burned it out.

·
75 Posts
There is diagnostic info on the back showing what the lights mean. Also see the picture here: US ID.4 included EVSE charger

Solid Green on home with blinking red X means it detected a voltage drop or some other conditions that look like a power issue on the home wiring side.

Does the error persist if you unplug the charger from the outlet and replug?
Some of the errors are due to temporary conditions, the only way to reset is to unplug and replug.

·
32 Posts
I been driving my VW for about 3 weeks now and use the home charger on a occasion (only between 70% and 80%) for short charging windows. I have 2 plugs in my garage at the moment and 1 the charger does not work, It has to do with the plug not being grounded. So I used my other plug that is grounded however I need to use an extension cord (industrial strength) as it the plug for my garage opener (on the ceiling). I have had it plugged in that way for a number of weeks and worked fine till recently. Now I am getting a blinking Green light on the "home" icon and a steady red light on the "x" icon.

I am trying to see if anyone else has had issue with the provide VW plug?

As a side note, I have left the charger cable plugged in the wall without it plugged into the car. Not sure if I burned it out.
I haven’t had any issues, but I have barely used it. VW packing this with the car is really a miss on their part. They should have packaged it with a dual 120V/240V mobile charger. I went out and bought my own 240V 40A mobile charger, which charged my car at a rate of 39 miles per hour.

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
1,559 Posts
I haven’t had any issues, but I have barely used it. VW packing this with the car is really a miss on their part. They should have packaged it with a dual 120V/240V mobile charger.
They did, the stock unit is dual voltage and replenishes the battery at about 3.5% per hour when plugged in to 240 volts. Nothing stellar, but it's better than nothing for emergency use.

·
32 Posts
They did, the stock unit is dual voltage and replenishes the battery at about 3.5% per hour when plugged in to 240 volts. Nothing stellar, but it's better than nothing for emergency use.
How are you connecting it to the 240V outlet?

·
Super Moderator
1,089 Posts
You can with an adaptor

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
1,559 Posts
Homemade pigtail adapters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts