Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity. How many 12 volt sockets does the ID4 have? I can only seem to locate one which is in the trunk area. I attempted to inflate my tires last night and the cord wasn't long enough to reach the front tires. I can't seem to locate any sockets anywhere else.

·
314 Posts
Out of curiosity. How many 12 volt sockets does the ID4 have? I can only seem to locate one which is in the trunk area. I attempted to inflate my tires last night and the cord wasn't long enough to reach the front tires. I can't seem to locate any sockets anywhere else.
The car just has that one socket in the back. You found it.

Hmm. Were you using the air compressor that comes with the car? I hope not.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. I was not using the compressor that was provided. I have my own. Had to hand pump another 1.5 psi for the front tires to reach 42 psi. I'm planning for a long trip.

·
314 Posts
Nope. I was not using the compressor that was provided. I have my own. Had to hand pump another 1.5 psi for the front tires to reach 42 psi. I'm planning for a long trip.
Ok. Thanks for confirming. I obviously haven't tried the VW provided pump yet and would have been surprised if VW's cord length was improperly designed, but you never know. Have a great trip!

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st
1 Posts
Ok. Thanks for confirming. I obviously haven't tried the VW provided pump yet and would have been surprised if VW's cord length was improperly designed, but you never know. Have a great trip!
It is actually plenty long to reach all four corners of the vehicle. (On a recent road trip, I had to rely on it due to it being basically impossible to get replacement tires.)

·
1 Posts
It is actually plenty long to reach all four corners of the vehicle. (On a recent road trip, I had to rely on it due to it being basically impossible to get replacement tires.)
Hello,

I tried using both air compressor I had from previous e-golf and the one that came with. ID.4, and the 12 volt power socket only draws power when car is on, and car is only on when I am sitting in the drivers seat. I am sure this is an easy fix, but I have not figured out how to get power to socket to run air compressor, if I am not sitting in front seat...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
76 Posts
Don’t sit in the seat, just reach around the steering wheel column and press the start engine button, while standing outside the car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts