Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a reservation for a 1st edition but would rather have the 19" wheels. Any ideas on if or how that might be possible?

·
248 Posts
The 1st only comes with 20” wheels. I’m hoping we have a couple of different rims? But even though I’ve see them , I don’t think we have a choice. I love the rims on the Euro 1st.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,289 Posts
Worst case many dealers will likely swap new 20" wheels for 19". As the 20" are more expensive they know their parts department will be able to sell them.

My wife's GLA came with black 19" rims and the Benz dealership swapped them for 18" silver on request. She/we prefer silver and also the bit better comfort of the taller tire profile.

·
248 Posts
Maybe? But they aren’t going to have that option for while. They won’t have a supply of cars or parts til mid to late next year.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
635 Posts
Curious if anyone knows what the 19" will look like? The VW site has the same wheels for all the configurations (which I am assuming is the 20"). The site just refers 19" 5-spoke two-tone machined alloy wheels but doesn't have anything more. Searches online have resulting in multiple different wheels so difficult to tell which one is the final version.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,289 Posts
Methinks a 19" Tiguan wheel could suffice since VW likely drawing upon some of the same undercarriage parts? At a point there will be plenty of wheel options as that too is a prime segment of the aftermarket.

Maybe? But they aren’t going to have that option for while. They won’t have a supply of cars or parts til mid to late next year.

·
248 Posts
If you google the day it was shown in China ,a couple of months ago, It shows several rims. It’s probably one of those? I’m hoping we can choose but I doubt it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts