Volkswagen ID Forum banner

·
654 Posts
I called them last week and they said that you could. As usual with Volkswagen no one really knows what’s going on.
You probably should call Electrify America. It’s clear in their TOS that the free charging is not transferable.

·
944 Posts
I called them last week and they said that you could. As usual with Volkswagen no one really knows what’s going on.
Took me 20 seconds to find this: 2021 ID.4 Charging Plan | Electrify America. The relevant terms:

“This Plan does not provide any credit that is returnable or redeemable for any cash value, and may not be sold, loaned, or otherwise distributed to any third party for any reason. You may not transfer any portion of the Plan to any other Electrify America account.”

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m sitting on a 47k Carvana offer, I don’t really have anything to lose. I usually go to forums first to post to things for sale to community folks.

As far as the price, sorry that’s reality right now, check the comps. And yes no tax credit and apparently no fast charge transfer.

·
1,094 Posts
A fool and his money are soon parted and there’s a sucker born every minute. So the odds are with you.

·
654 Posts
Seems strange to penalize enthusiasts who frequent forums $3000 by not offering it at your documented Carvana offer.

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have to admit this was the weirdest sales thread I have ever fielded. Normally people just send you a pm to negotiate. I was just fine with being corrected about the charging, I was unaware. Ask away questions about condition, warranty, yes that’s all fine.

Everything else, disagreeing over price, bizarre allegories, etc. -that’s not the place for the thread. It’s clear that I was shooting for top dollar but someone might want a well cared for low mileage car and that’s why I posted it. I see these selling for the same price with double mileage. I did not get 50k, but it was more than Carvana.

There doesn’t seem to be much moderation here. Dare I say it, this would have been more professional on vortex. With that, I wish you all smooth transactions in the marketplace.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I agree. Your car, your price. Everyone should respect that.

Glad you and the buyer were able to make a deal.

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
3,898 Posts
Hey I apologize, I went off on a Carvana tangent that was clearly not relevant to your sale.

It's just a mixed bag here, the for sale threads show up in the forum "what's new" list as if they were any other topic. There have been some interesting discussions to follow in a few for sale posts.

That's probably a good thing though because I think it means more people see and read the for sale threads here than they do on other forums, where items for sale need to be specifically sought out.

Kind of in the PR vein of any news is good news, if your item's for sale post is generating clicks, even if the topic devolves to Elon Musk's preferred brand of cologne, that's still more eyeballs on you versus desperately"bumping" the post from the bottom of the classifieds page.

Congrats on the sale!

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I’m honest I do not think that’s related to this at all.

I was referring to people nickle and diming. Like mentioning that the price is over msrp. At this point the world is over msrp. I don’t understand if you’re living in 2022 that you think a vehicle can’t be listed over. They’re selling Ford Broncos for 25k over sticker. ID4s are not sitting on lots, and are going well over msrp if they are. I guess I’m out of touch with the people in these forums these days.

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,491 Posts
There doesn’t seem to be much moderation here.
We try to stay in the background as much as possible unless we really feel something needs our attention. My opinion is that folks should refrain from commenting on a for sale thread unless it is something positive or they are interested in the item. Posting "the price is too high" or some other negative comment is not helping the member with his intended outcome which is selling the vehicle. That being said, I would not intervene unless the thread got out of hand. I don't think the comments reached that level in this thread, and some were helpful in correcting the OP's assumption that free charging carried over to the new owner. Anyway, congratulations on the sale.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts