Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 FE
39 Posts
I enjoyed that towing setup seemed to not be the OEM part and out of spec per what they say you're supposed to use for the draw bar.

·
666 Posts
This part was interesting and I like it: "The ID.4 AWD has a ride height that is raised by 0.6 inches compared with the rear-wheel-drive model, and has firmer springs and dampers and thicker anti-roll bars. "

·
14 Posts
I'm interested in this statement:

"With its instantly available torque, the ID.4 AWD Pro can reach 60 mph from a standstill in 5.4 seconds, according to independently verified testing".

Wasn't it supposed to be 5.8 seconds or something?? How is it now quicker?

So far every GTX review has it going 0-100kph in 6.2seconds. I'm confused.

·
519 Posts
This part was interesting and I like it: "The ID.4 AWD has a ride height that is raised by 0.6 inches compared with the rear-wheel-drive model, and has firmer springs and dampers and thicker anti-roll bars. "
I am confused on both height and ground clearance. Thought the ID.4 RWD has 8.2 (maybe 8.3) inches of ground clearance and overall height of 63 inches. The AWD says 6.7 inches or ground clearance and height of 65.1 inches. Wasn’t the Audi Q4 taller than the ID.4?

@TimPS,

I have watch acceleration tests from a German YouTuber and he basically got 6.2 for 0-62. Which is roughly 6 seconds for 0-60. Maybe VW tweaked a few things to increase acceleration. Or they do the rolling 0-60 test.

·
14 Posts
I am confused on both height and ground clearance. Thought the ID.4 RWD has 8.2 (maybe 8.3) inches of ground clearance and overall height of 63 inches. The AWD says 6.7 inches or ground clearance and height of 65.1 inches. Wasn’t the Audi Q4 taller than the ID.4?

@TimPS,

I have watch acceleration tests from a German YouTuber and he basically got 6.2 for 0-62. Which is roughly 6 seconds for 0-60. Maybe VW tweaked a few things to increase acceleration. Or they do the rolling 0-60 test.
The statement says "from a standstill". I'm curious what they tweaked. Typically VW group under promises and over delivers on their acceleration figures, but these GTX YouTube reviews have them spot on with their respective VW figures. Are the US models more powerful? Did they boost the performance somehow? Is weight significantly lower? I'm just scratching my head.

·
12 Posts
Redline reviews said they got 5.7 today on Instagram but said they had trouble with their GPS tool that they use to track the times. They were going to try and retest to see if they could hit closer to 5.4.

·
255 Posts
Maybe the AWDs are running a later software version (likely) that is unreleased as of yet. Would be cool if RWD sees this boost as well in the next US update. :) I assume Europe would follow suit with the higher power figures eventually too, once these things are fully released stateside.

·
14 Posts
Maybe the AWDs are running a later software version (likely) that is unreleased as of yet. Would be cool if RWD sees this boost as well in the next US update. :) I assume Europe would follow suit with the higher power figures eventually too, once these things are fully released stateside.
I hope you are right. The performance figures are fine, but faster is better :D

·
22 Posts
The are not. My AWD Pro is still on the old software version.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts