Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few people have been disappointed with Honey Yellow being unavailable in certain markets so it got me wondering what other color(s) would you all like to see VW add for 2022/23. Who knows, maybe VW will see this and add a bit more color to the lineup.

For me I think a nice, earthy green color would be a nice option that would pair well with the black/brown interior (I know not everyone likes the brown interior bits so this may be a controversial opinion).

Anyway, I am thinking something similar to the Moss Green found on the Telluride.
IMG_3760.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
470 Posts
I would like to see more colorful options for the ID.4. As well as more options once they start building in Chattanooga. A trim level between the Pro and Pro S would be nice.

I wonder when VW will provide information on the Chattanooga built ID.4s. My guess is 1/2/2022 since VW always seem to release new model year vehicles late.

·
540 Posts
I wonder when VW will provide information on the Chattanooga built ID.4s. My guess is 1/2/2022 since VW always seem to release new model year vehicles late.
I agree, and on top of that for this car they want all our pre-orders to be paid for before they announce the next years hopefully more and cheaper options. The cheaper version with smaller battery is the main thing they have leaked all over the press about the US built 2022 models, but across the board the price could go down with less tariffs and shipping (so they claim.) It could go up with the chip shortage, or could be delayed to late 2022 for all we know!

·
Blue VW ID4 Pro S Gradient
15 Posts
If it had been available in Honey Yellow I would have ordered it in that color. Went with Blue and it is very nice. I think based on the way it is promoted on VW US website that a lot of people will be ordering in Blue.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
398 Posts
I definitely would’ve ordered the Honey Yellow if it had been available in the U.S., especially if it were available with the Lunar Gray interior. Dusk Blue was the next best thing in terms of a bright color choice.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
635 Posts
Does not everyone want more shades of grey??? I like the Moss Green as well (or at least a green option).

·
ID.4 1st Glacier White w/Lunar Gray - order 9/23
131 Posts
I vote for some retro-VW solid pastels (Green, Blue, Yellow) especially for the GTX sport versions and the ID.Buzz

·
ID.4 Pro S RWD
181 Posts
Out of VW's recent US colors, I'd choose the Great Falls Green.

But what I'd really like is a color, any color, that makes me say "I never thought I would like that, but I do!" The ID.4 Honey Yellow is like that for me. I remember back in the era of the B5 Passat, they had a brown color that was just gorgeous (it might have even been a W8 exclusive). It wasn't trying to be "copper metallic" or something, it was just brown. I really really dislike brown as a car color, but if I'd been in the market at the time, I would have jumped at that one.

Reactions: egsell

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Out of VW's recent US colors, I'd choose the Great Falls Green.

But what I'd really like is a color, any color, that makes me say "I never thought I would like that, but I do!" The ID.4 Honey Yellow is like that for me. I remember back in the era of the B5 Passat, they had a brown color that was just gorgeous (it might have even been a W8 exclusive). It wasn't trying to be "copper metallic" or something, it was just brown. I really really dislike brown as a car color, but if I'd been in the market at the time, I would have jumped at that one.

I had to look up this color and I think it would work so well on the ID.4.

I looove green cars and they are so rare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
707 Posts
In addition to Honey Yellow I want Kings Red on all trims. And the nice turquoise of the ID.3 FE.

·
ID.4 Pro, Mythos Black
142 Posts
Jerez black metallic that used to be on my bmw. When light hits, the black turns into a midnight blueish color
5972796825_b9eea9c747_b.jpg

·
286 Posts
My 71 Super Beetle looked like t
The ID.3 needs a harlequin version, like the Polo/Golf had .

my 71 Super Beetle looked like that for a while after an uninsured leech made a right hand turn from the inside lane. My car was tan, the left wheel fender from the junkyard was robins egg blue, then amateur spray painting was educational.

·
6 Posts
Herbert Diess

Scott Keogh

I am fan of Volkswagen and we have enjoyed you vehicles from the beginning. From my first 1958 Karmen Ghia convertible to our 21 window bus and as new as (2) Beetle Diesel convertibles.

I have visited your factory in Germany two times. So we would LOVE to see your company Success in America with the new ID4. If you and your company want to change the old thinking of Volkswagen you need to hear your audience. If your company is interested in making a WOW factor for the new ID4. As this is the most important car for Volkswagen has ever introduced besides the bug. I my self and hundreds of thousands of others only make a suggestion to make this rollout to be something incredibly special. (Better than anybody else) I have made two reservations for your new ID4 last year probably one of the first to give a reservation for the all wheel drive. As my good conscience tells me it’s going to be a great car but it lacks the excitement that this vehicle should have. Meaning it would be wonderful for your company to offer honey yellow red‘s blues greens interesting colors to give it that excitement that Volkswagen is known for. My German friends have so many better options. For instance colors that people can get excited about. Even with a simple color of honey yellow or Sky blue or ? the colors of Volkswagen used in 60s & 70s

Matrix lights or which is most important for safety is Heads Up Display and DCC

(URGENT) this is available in Germany please care about the Americans as much is the German market and you will succeed beyond your wildest dreams. Give options we would pay for them. If you went to 31 flavors ice cream and only one flavor that company wouldn’t be in business today options are important

I would like to know Volkswagen’s thoughts on this

Thank you 🙏 Volkswagen & Herbert Diess & Scott Keogh

Sincerely your

Mark

1 - 19 of 19 Posts