Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I know there’s similar threads but I was thinking anyone who gets their my22 delivered could update the group here. I know a number of us are close, I believe my car might be en route from Houston port to my dealer here in Wisconsin. I think I might be in that “interim“ software update group. Others?
Cheers

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just curious as to why you think yours is done?
Well may be wishful thinking! Probably? It arrived in port last week and from the circulated email it appeared cars arriving early June may be installed with interim software and released to carriers. I know they’re awaiting word from higher ups to release, but not sure we’d catch wind when that happens. Finally, i saw me dealer seems to be listing the car on their site, likely, unless it’s the dame spec’d out car. Anyway, having fun trying to figure out this enigmatic process.

·
1,282 Posts
Well may be wishful thinking! Probably? It arrived in port last week and from the circulated email it appeared cars arriving early June may be installed with interim software and released to carriers. I know they’re awaiting word from higher ups to release, but not sure we’d catch wind when that happens. Finally, i saw me dealer seems to be listing the car on their site, likely, unless it’s the dame spec’d out car. Anyway, having fun trying to figure out this enigmatic process.
The pre-ordered ID.4s show up in the dealer's inventory system (and web site) after the cars arrive at the port and the VINs enter the U.S. system. The dealers have no control over the process, as far as I understand. Mine sat at the port for nearly 3 weeks before being shipped to the dealer, but showed up as part of the dealer's inventory on their web site as soon as it was offloaded at the port.

Reactions: Nai3t

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pre-ordered ID.4s show up in the dealer's inventory system (and web site) after the cars arrive at the port and the VINs enter the U.S. system. The dealers have no control over the process, as far as I understand. Mine sat at the port for nearly 3 weeks before being shipped to the dealer, but showed up as part of the dealer's inventory on their web site as soon as it was offloaded at the port.
That’s helpful thanks! Just keep looking for positive information i guess, a sign that vdub will exceed rather than fall short of expectations..

·
1,282 Posts
That’s helpful thanks! Just keep looking for positive information i guess, a sign that vdub will exceed rather than fall short of expectations..
If your car is on the dealer's web site, I think they should be able to send you a PDF of the window sticker if you ask them.

Reactions: DrJ

·
13 Posts
Hey folks, I know there’s similar threads but I was thinking anyone who gets their my22 delivered could update the group here. I know a number of us are close, I believe my car might be en route from Houston port to my dealer here in Wisconsin. I think I might be in that “interim“ software update group. Others?
Cheers
That is exciting. Keep us posted...We are also waiting for our car to arrive in WI from TX. It arrived in Houston May 20th.

·
107 Posts
Mine has been in Houston since 5/20 or so. Don't get your hopes up just yet. Hopefully will be released in the next few weeks. Then I have to wait another month for it go by rail to Washington. Then a truck to Oregon. I am hoping for End of July, but probably August.

·
71 Posts
Mine is on a ship so 1 step behind those being held at port.
Just called my dealer to check in - sounds like they don't know a huge amount but she did give me 2 tidbits:
1. The ones on the boat (so includes mine) have the software update already so don't expect to be held at port. I did not try to clarify what exact version because it didn't sound like she had that level of detail.
2. The ones held at port were released this morning. If this is true I'd expect this should be confirmed soon by others on this forum.

I tried to ask about 12V battery but she didn't know.

·
40 Posts
Here's a crazy idea.... Put a handful of VW engineers ON THE BOATS THAT THEY OWN to finish the upgrades while en route from Germany.
SMH, the car industry is so stuck in the past. For all those haters who bemoan the idea of CarPlay expanding to take over all the electronic reporting in a vehicle.... sounds like a breath of fresh air to me.

·
1,556 Posts
1. The ones on the boat (so includes mine) have the software update already so don't expect to be held at port. I did not try to clarify what exact version because it didn't sound like she had that level of detail.
I don’t see how that can be the case based on the internal dealer communication that was uploaded last week. They said that the later shipments will get a later software flash instead of the interim one that is currently underway.

·
71 Posts
I don’t see how that can be the case based on the internal dealer communication that was uploaded last week. They said that the later shipments will get a later software flash instead of the interim one that is currently underway.
Maybe they have the one that's just enough not to get held at port ? and then we all get the flash later...
I'd love to see it all / any of it corroborated .

·
2022 AWD Pro S w/ Gradient
70 Posts
Dealerships have no control of what their online system says they have in stock. As soon as the port assigns a VIN it shows up available on the website. If you call them you can confirm actual inventory

1 - 20 of 290 Posts