Volkswagen ID Forum banner

2022 deliveries

34K views 289 replies 64 participants last post by  wildpitcher 
#1 ·
Hey folks, I know there’s similar threads but I was thinking anyone who gets their my22 delivered could update the group here. I know a number of us are close, I believe my car might be en route from Houston port to my dealer here in Wisconsin. I think I might be in that “interim“ software update group. Others?
Cheers

#3 ·
Well may be wishful thinking! Probably? It arrived in port last week and from the circulated email it appeared cars arriving early June may be installed with interim software and released to carriers. I know they’re awaiting word from higher ups to release, but not sure we’d catch wind when that happens. Finally, i saw me dealer seems to be listing the car on their site, likely, unless it’s the dame spec’d out car. Anyway, having fun trying to figure out this enigmatic process.

#13 ·
Mine is on a ship so 1 step behind those being held at port.
Just called my dealer to check in - sounds like they don't know a huge amount but she did give me 2 tidbits:
1. The ones on the boat (so includes mine) have the software update already so don't expect to be held at port. I did not try to clarify what exact version because it didn't sound like she had that level of detail.
2. The ones held at port were released this morning. If this is true I'd expect this should be confirmed soon by others on this forum.

I tried to ask about 12V battery but she didn't know.

#17 ·
1. The ones on the boat (so includes mine) have the software update already so don't expect to be held at port. I did not try to clarify what exact version because it didn't sound like she had that level of detail.
I don’t see how that can be the case based on the internal dealer communication that was uploaded last week. They said that the later shipments will get a later software flash instead of the interim one that is currently underway.

#15 ·
Here's a crazy idea.... Put a handful of VW engineers ON THE BOATS THAT THEY OWN to finish the upgrades while en route from Germany.
SMH, the car industry is so stuck in the past. For all those haters who bemoan the idea of CarPlay expanding to take over all the electronic reporting in a vehicle.... sounds like a breath of fresh air to me.

#46 ·
I reserved on 2/22 and locked on 4/11. Haven't moved off of 03 status. My hunch is they stopped production of US orders anytime after the first of April and all of those orders will go to production in TN. As they should they are starting with those of you that placed your orders in late 2021 first.

#47 ·
Nobody really knows at this point. There are lots of speculations and assumptions in regard to orders being transferred to TN soon. Though note that might happen to AWDs in the short term since RWDs production will start later on…

Some 411ers moved to different production codes, post 03. So, no pattern to build on. Or at least not enough data points to establish a pattern.

I hope we get some news in the next week or so as the TN order banks are supposed to open. Wherever the car comes, hope it comes faster.

Reserved 12/1/21, locked 4/11, 03 since then. 411 forever!! ;)

#72 ·
Just received phone call from dealer. The have my card (AWD PRO) and it should be prepped by tomorrow, Wed 6/29. BTW, by reservation portal still says "Leaving the Factory", 30-3.
The fact that I live just outside the Port of Baltimore I believe helped just a little as I believe my shipping arrived in port mid-late May. It definitely 2022 model. Picking it up tmw. It's been a long wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.