Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I placed an order in march for a 2022 ID4. I locked in July for it and the expected delivery date is October. That being said, using the development tools, I can see that my car is still stuck on "03" for a code which means production hasn't started yet. If my 2022 is being made in Germany, there is no way they're going to be able to deliver it by October. I know we're all throwing darts with our eyes closed, but is there any expectation that locked models of 2022 will switch over to 2023 models, so my car would actually be built in Tennessee and meet the expected delivery date?

If I were to close my eyes and throw a dart, my guess is that VW is hoping that people will go to their local dealership and purchase the 2022 models that are currently available, and will switch those of us that are still locked to a 2023 model.

Anyone else have a dart they can throw? Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone,

I placed an order in march for a 2022 ID4. I locked in July for it and the expected delivery date is October. That being said, using the development tools, I can see that my car is still stuck on "03" for a code which means production hasn't started yet. If my 2022 is being made in Germany, there is no way they're going to be able to deliver it by October. I know we're all throwing darts with our eyes closed, but is there any expectation that locked models of 2022 will switch over to 2023 models, so my car would actually be built in Tennessee and meet the expected delivery date?

If I were to close my eyes and throw a dart, my guess is that VW is hoping that people will go to their local dealership and purchase the 2022 models that are currently available, and will switch those of us that are still locked to a 2023 model.

Anyone else have a dart they can throw? Thanks in advance!
I'm in the same boat as you. I've got a 2022 iD4 ProS RWD Glacier White with Lunar Grey interior on order with the same expected delivery date. I'm hoping that you & I hit a bullseye with our blindfolded dart throwing capabilities. 馃

Same. RWD Blue Dusk with black interior, but my reservation was in July and locked in July. Still at 03. My portal still says Oct./Nov. Unless there is a wave of more cancellations and we get reallocated to a cancelled order I don't think a 2022 will be coming at this rate. I think we have to wait to see when mid October hits when Germany flips to 2023's then I think at that point it will be coming from the US. It's a let's see what happens in 4 weeks kind of thing.

Same. RWD Blue Dusk with black interior, but my reservation was in July and locked in July. Still at 03. My portal still says Oct./Nov. Unless there is a wave of more cancellations and we get reallocated to a cancelled order I don't think a 2022 will be coming at this rate. I think we have to wait to see when mid October hits when Germany flips to 2023's then I think at that point it will be coming from the US. It's a let's see what happens in 4 weeks kind of thing.
There is a boat with ID.4's on it heading for the US (San Diego) right now, might be the last of the German made ID.4's heading to the US or might not. Mine is on that boat but I'll likely be cancelling since the tax credit for the 2022's went away.

There is a boat with ID.4's on it heading for the US (San Diego) right now, might be the last of the German made ID.4's heading to the US or might not. Mine is on that boat but I'll likely be cancelling since the tax credit for the 2022's went away.
Where do you get this info about the boat. I was in the same boat (no pun intended) reserved in March, locked on July 13th. Was also at 3 as of Friday. Checked Saturday morning and it moved to 4 saying it started it鈥檚 journey across the Atlantic. Went from Oct-Nov delivery to Nov-Dec delivery. I鈥檓 in the San Diego 谩rea as well. I鈥檓 curious as to how long the journey is and how often are they made. Best of luck!

They have until mid October to continue making the 2022鈥檚. I believe this will be week 38 and they have till the week of October 16th to finish the 2022 orders if I鈥檓 calculating that correctly? @Plant Peon can you confirm if my math is right on this?

They have until mid October to continue making the 2022鈥檚. I believe this will be week 38 and they have till the week of October 16th to finish the 2022 orders if I鈥檓 calculating that correctly? @Plant Peon can you confirm if my math is right on this?
I don鈥檛 know when Germany will switch and stop building US ID4s. It is possible they might push it back due to the delays they have faced. But I am not in those talks.

Has there been any discussion of switching over locked 2022 models to 2023 models being made in the US?
I鈥檓 sure there has, but nothing I know of. I don鈥檛 travel in those circles. I鈥檓 more of the how do we make this fit in there side of things. Or I鈥檓 making everything up and all I do is put the squarish thing on the roundish thing. 馃槀

Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I鈥檓 sure there has, but nothing I know of. I don鈥檛 travel in those circles. I鈥檓 more of the how do we make this fit in there side of things. Or I鈥檓 making everything up and all I do is put the squarish thing on the roundish thing. 馃槀
Would it make more sense for me to have my locked 2022 converted to a 2023 order at this point? There is no way it will be delivered as a 2022 from Germany in October. If they are just going to switch me to a 2023, wouldn't it make more sense for me to just switch over now and possibly get it before the new year?

ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
Would it make more sense for me to have my locked 2022 converted to a 2023 order at this point? There is no way it will be delivered as a 2022 from Germany in October. If they are just going to switch me to a 2023, wouldn't it make more sense for me to just switch over now and possibly get it before the new year?
For all it matters, I second you. If only we could get @Plant Peon as CEO of VWoA then maybe, we could get things moving in the right direction.

On a different topic, are there more 23 locks coming in the next days or we'll need to continue practicing waiting skills?

Do you have enough rectangular electronicy things to put in square brackets on circuit boardy things?

Dave

• Haha
Reactions: Plant Peon

Sure, why not? Except if you cancel the 2022 and put in a 2023 order you go to the back of the line, so careful with that. It likely won't come before the next year if you do that.

Dave

ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
Sure, why not? Except if you cancel the 2022 and put in a 2023 order you go to the back of the line, so careful with that. It likely won't come before the next year if you do that.

Dave
Agree with keeping the 2022 reservation for the sake to see how that turns out.

Not sure I agree that reserving a 2023 puts you at the bottom of the line. Right now it looks like the previously locked 22s are back of the line. And I鈥檓 looking over my shoulder and there are not many behind me right 馃

My status code 10 2022 just updated to Feb-Apr 2023 delivery. I would cancel, but hoping I get substituted for a 2023 delivered this year. In no event will I accept a 2022 some 5 months after the 2023 units have been delivered.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts