Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2022 ID4 Pro S, reservation October 2021 and locked April 11. Concerned that the 2021ID 4 is listed as qualifing for the federal credit but not the 2022 model year. Dealer says VW has submitted the paperwork but 2022 model was late addition. Any information would be helpful

·
1,216 Posts
Just purchased a 2022 ID4 Pro S, reservation October 2021 and locked April 11. Concerned that the 2021ID 4 is listed as qualifing for the federal credit but not the 2022 model year. Dealer says VW has submitted the paperwork but 2022 model was late addition. Any information would be helpful
You are not eligible for the Federal Tax Credit on a German built 2022 if you do not have a written, binding, contract to purchase, signed before August 16.

Dave

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I signed a "binding contract" with 5% down before the August 16 Inflation Reduction Act went into effect so should qualify under previous rules. The issue is that every other manufacturer has each model year listed but VW only has 2021 ID4 model approved. Anybody who took delivery of a 2022 anytime this year may be in for a surprise.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro S AWD (Dusk Blue on Lunar Grey)
123 Posts
I'm not going to worry about it 'til Feb '23. My recollection was that when we bought our 2017 Bolt we didn't see it listed on the IRS website until Jan 2018. I was initially nervous, but it all worked out.
Oddly, the Subaru Solterra is listed, but the Toyota bZX4 is not.

I expect things to straighten out by Jan 2023...

·
1,492 Posts
I'm not going to worry about it 'til Feb '23. My recollection was that when we bought our 2017 Bolt we didn't see it listed on the IRS website until Jan 2018. I was initially nervous, but it all worked out.
Oddly, the Subaru Solterra is listed, but the Toyota bZX4 is not.

I expect things to straighten out by Jan 2023...
Yeah, same thing when we bought our 2018 e-Golf. It wasn't listed on the IRS web site in 2018 (but the 2017 was) until January 2019. I was also a bit nervous at first, but it was all good.

2022s bought before August 16 will definitely qualify, and 2022s bought on or after August 16th will qualify with a binding sales contact, and (as long as battery guidelines aren't issued before December 31st), 2023s made in Tennessee should qualify for the old $7500 fed tax credit through the end of the year. It's just an administrative thing, I'm sure. It's a complex situation.

·
1,216 Posts
How about a '23 that is received and purchased this year?
Good for full credit if you can actually put it in service this year

Dave

Reactions: SteveTrigs

·
17 Posts
I signed a "binding contract" with 5% down before the August 16 Inflation Reduction Act went into effect so should qualify under previous rules. The issue is that every other manufacturer has each model year listed but VW only has 2021 ID4 model approved. Anybody who took delivery of a 2022 anytime this year may be in for a surprise.
New Purchases after August 16 and Delivery Before December 31, 2022
If you purchased (or entered a binding contract to purchase) a vehicle after the IRA and plan to take possession before the end of the year, you may elect to claim the tax credit under the NQPREDV tax credit rules. To qualify, your purchased vehicle must still meet the final assembly requirements.

·
17 Posts
New Purchases after August 16 and Delivery Before December 31, 2022
If you purchased (or entered a binding contract to purchase) a vehicle after the IRA and plan to take possession before the end of the year, you may elect to claim the tax credit under the NQPREDV tax credit rules. To qualify, your purchased vehicle must still meet the final assembly requirements.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts