Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning while driving i got a pop up on the screen , I can't remember the exact message of the pop up on the infotainment screen but says something in the lines of"would you like to update your settings , the seat settings will get reset". asked me yes or no , I didn't hit either and is just went away. so I got to my destination 10 mins later. upon leaving from the place I was about about an hour later I turned on the ID.4 and my Color settings lights in car where all changed. I had it on red now it was blue and I had Custom setup been like this for over a week .
anyone else have this message pop up? ? or experience. this ? I have had the car for about 2 weeks. Loving it but just odd asking me to do something i have no idea what it would be doing .

2021 AWD Pro S on 2.1
3,280 Posts
anyone else have this message pop up?
Yes most with 3.1 are reporting this bug. Here is a list of known bugs at the end of this changelog:

2023 ID4 AWD PRO S Pure Gray
43 Posts
This morning while driving i got a pop up on the screen , I can't remember the exact message of the pop up on the infotainment screen but says something in the lines of"would you like to update your settings , the seat settings will get reset". asked me yes or no , I didn't hit either and is just went away. so I got to my destination 10 mins later. upon leaving from the place I was about about an hour later I turned on the ID.4 and my Color settings lights in car where all changed. I had it on red now it was blue and I had Custom setup been like this for over a week .
anyone else have this message pop up? ? or experience. this ? I have had the car for about 2 weeks. Loving it but just odd asking me to do something i have no idea what it would be doing .
Yes I got this same update a couple of days ago and my ambient lights changed to default blue.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I got this same update a couple of days ago and my ambient lights changed to default blue.
yes correct , mine went to default blue too . made me wonder was someone in my car changing settings. lol . when the car starts messing with things like that ... thats annoying . hope it doesn't keep doing that .

51 Posts
I do not have 3.0 but the retailer did know about this issue and had my car in for a specific update to correct it. I was getting that message daily and sometimes 4-5 times at one go.

I was in and out in a few hours.

Good luck

P

2023 ID.4 Pro S AWD Aurora Red
8 Posts
My '23 Pro S AWD with 3.1.4 is not remembering my driving mode settings from day to day. And completely forgets my "Custom" driving mode settings. Haven't had it long enough to know if it used to and has forgotten or not though.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My '23 Pro S AWD with 3.1.4 is not remembering my driving mode settings from day to day. And completely forgets my "Custom" driving mode settings. Haven't had it long enough to know if it used to and has forgotten or not though.
yes this is what it does . I went in the car this morning in garage to see if it did it again . and yes after about 5 mins it pops up and then hit ok and changes Drive mode and color settings. I really don't think it matters if you click ok or no . it just changes it . next time i will hit no and see if it does not change anything . but that is so annoying why it pops up.

2023 VW ID.4 Pro S AWD Pure Gray / Galaxy - purchased 11/17/22
25 Posts
yes this is what it does . I went in the car this morning in garage to see if it did it again . and yes after about 5 mins it pops up and then hit ok and changes Drive mode and color settings. I really don't think it matters if you click ok or no . it just changes it . next time i will hit no and see if it does not change anything . but that is so annoying why it pops up.
This happens to me all the time as well, even if you hit cancel or no the settings usually reset the next time you unlock or start the car, its so frustrating, mine affects, ambient lights, drive mode, and some other customizable settings I can't remember which exactly but it just feel like I'm constantly "tuning" the settings in this car - I really hope VW fixes this in a future software update - someday.

51 Posts
Sorry for repeating but there is a fix for this, at least here in the UK so assume globally. I don't have the details but once I called my retailer and mentioned the issue they knew what I was on about and booked me in. A software patch of sorts was loaded or something like that. Needless to say, issue solved and it's not reared its head since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts