Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pleasing to the eye the new 20" wheel design. They're somewhat reminiscent of the BBS twin 5-spoke wheels.

I don't know the name of the new wheel, as it's not in the VW parts catalogue yet.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Automotive side-view mirror

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
2022 VW ID.4 Pro S AWD w/ Gradient
56 Posts
Ugh agree. I want the Plus but the new wheels look too formal to me. Like they belong on more of a stately luxury car and seem out of place with the styling on the ID4. I liked the prior Gradient wheels.
Exactly. I want the Plus basically for the roof color, upgraded radio and power folding mirrors, but it would cost me a lot more because I would have to replace those hideous wheels ASAP. Lol. Not sure if the radio and mirrors are worth $3,000 PLUS the cost of swapping wheels. Decisions decisions.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
4,747 Posts
Yes, exactly my thoughts. (y) It's also reminiscent of my A5 19" rims, which were based on BBS, but with larger spoke fluting.

I'm always a fan of 5-spoke wheels.
Pleasing to the eye the new 20" wheel design. They're somewhat reminiscent of the BBS twin 5-spoke wheels.

I don't know the name of the new wheel, as it's not in the VW parts catalogue yet.

View attachment 13920

·
40 Posts
Exactly. I want the Plus basically for the roof color, upgraded radio and power folding mirrors, but it would cost me a lot more because I would have to replace those hideous wheels ASAP. Lol. Not sure if the radio and mirrors are worth $3,000 PLUS the cost of swapping wheels. Decisions decisions.
I plan on leasing mine so I want to be happy with what comes on the car. My current lease isn’t up until late Sept 2023 though so maybe the 2024 will have new wheels. I just continue to stalk all the forums. I also have a deposit for a 2024 Cadillac Lyriq. I’m deciding how much I want to spend this next time around though and I do really like the ID4.

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yes, exactly my thoughts. (y) It's also reminiscent of my A5 19" rims, which were based on BBS, but with larger spoke fluting.
I'm always a fan of 5-spoke wheels.
That's the 1st non-directional aero wheel that I like. The VW's wheel designers and engineers did very well designing a non-directional wheel that looks well on the opposite side. Or maybe the wheel was designed and mfrd by BBS?

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ugh agree. I want the Plus but the new wheels look too formal to me. Like they belong on more of a stately luxury car and seem out of place with the styling on the ID4. I liked the prior Gradient wheels.
Exactly. The Pro S in Pure Gray w/ Galaxy interior would fit the bill w/o breaking the bank account.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Number

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Brand

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Rectangle Slope Parallel Font Number

Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Pattern

·
40 Posts
I liked the original Gradient 20" wheels better too.
They don’t look as out of place to me in this video I watched earlier. They’re shown a few times during the video with a stock image they keep showing. I still prefer the gradient wheels, but starting to get used to the new Pro S Plus ones.

·
44 Posts
I think they are great, hoping to find someone to swap the s wheels when i get mine lol

·
91 Posts
If the new grey was as dark as it is in that web site photo I would switch to it in a heartbeat, but it looks much closer to Moonstone/aircraft carrier.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts