Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally ordered a 2022 ID4 awd pro s gradient and even locked my order within a week. However I decided to back down when I test drove one and listened to the audio. I really enjoy listening to music in my car and I had always chosen a car with good sound system. Compared to my current car the sound system in ID4 just sounded terrible. I just learnt about the 2023 models and seems like VW now offering “premium” sound system with 2023 awd pro s plus which entices me to order one. However seems like if I chose the same options that I chose for 2022 the price increases by at least $3000. I did notice some new features. My question is if anyone knows what this “premium” sound entails and if all the new features actually justifies the price hike? Thank you.

·
2021 AWD Pro S
2,124 Posts
I would have to hear it to say if its worth it. Did you adjust the EQ on your test drive? It needs a big boost on the low end and its not terrible any more. It also includes the 360 camera, lighted rear logo, thats worth part of $3k.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have to hear it to say if its worth it. Did you adjust the EQ on your test drive? It needs a big boost on the low end and its not terrible any more. It also includes the 360 camera, lighted rear logo, thats worth part of $3k.
I did play with it a little bit. I was not looking for anything similar to what I have (16 speaker ELS 3d studio) from six speakers but it did not sound acceptable for me either. I guess I am just spoiled. Hopefully someone will have a 2023 pro s plus in their lot soon for me to hear it.

·
56 Posts
I exactly have same concerns and trying to find more details on Premium Sound System. I have MY22 AWD Pro S locked, I was looking for better sound and Gradient at the time didn't offer one so I opt out of Gradient package just for few body asthetics.
Now the price for 2023 AWD Pro S is up almost by +2k vs 2022! And AWD Pro S Plus is about +3k more than Pro S. But the additional 2700 offers Premium Sound, All around camera, Power folding mirrors, heated rear seats and cosmetic body highlights (I care less about last two). So in my opinion 2700 indeed offers something more than what it used to be with Gradient.. But again the price of all the trims went up about 2k!
Also, noticed White color is extra!! Not happy about that one but I like the new dark Blue (navy blue)

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I exactly have same concerns and trying to find more details on Premium Sound System. I have MY22 AWD Pro S locked, I was looking for better sound and Gradient at the time didn't offer one so I opt out of Gradient package just for few body asthetics.
Now the price for 2023 AWD Pro S is up almost by +2k vs 2022! And AWD Pro S Plus is about +3k more than Pro S. But the additional 2700 offers Premium Sound, All around camera, Power folding mirrors, heated rear seats and cosmetic body highlights (I care less about last two). So in my opinion 2700 indeed offers something more than what it used to be with Gradient.. But again the price of all the trims went up about 2k!
Also, noticed White color is extra!! Not happy about that one but I like the new dark Blue (navy blue)
I think the power folding mirrors were included in pro s. Now you have to get the pro s plus to get it. Which is a shame! Out of all the new features in pro s plus other than the aesthetics only the 360 camera seems to be the most useful. I dont really care for the heated rear seats, tri zone climate control, automatic lane changing and auto parking. The last two are more of a gimmick anyway. At least in other vehicles that i have seen those features. Takes forever! I might still make the jump if the sound system is good enough. Placed an order today. Looking at all the other evs and vw is making it very difficult for me to chose with this price increase. The koreans are offering faster charging and more power ( faster acceleration which i dont really care for but nice to have) almost at the same price point (top trim level). However they are almost impossible to get right now without a markup. I guess I just have to wait and see.

·
3 Posts
I am in the same boat. I am leaning toward the AWD Pro S vs the Plus as half of the additional features are not a priority for me either but the sound system could put me over the top, along with the rear heated seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts