Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Site is borked for me, not loading the builder properly. Excited to see the options though.
Yeah, the more I'm playing with the configurator the more issues it's starting to have, looks like it's not quite ready for prime time.

Can't choose King's red, makes you remove the white interior but the replacement choices it gives for the interior are the exterior color choices.
Prices are weird. 3 different prices for the Pro-S Plus AWD depending on the screen.

·
177 Posts
I have an AWD Pro on order, locked on 4/11 and holding at 15-1. When the new Builder site finally becomes stable, what are the mechanics/ethics/juju of ordering a 2023 AWD Pro and either cancelling the 2022 from Germany or waiting to see which one comes first and deciding then? Do I need to use a different email address (though I'll be using the same credit card and contact info)?
The upgrades on the 2023 seem fairly significant relative to the 2022, for very little difference in price.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks l
I have an AWD Pro on order, locked on 4/11 and holding at 15-1. When the new Builder site finally becomes stable, what are the mechanics/ethics/juju of ordering a 2023 AWD Pro and either cancelling the 2022 from Germany or waiting to see which one comes first and deciding then? Do I need to use a different email address (though I'll be using the same credit card and contact info)?
The upgrades on the 2023 seem fairly significant relative to the 2022, for very little difference in price.
No need to even cancel, you can just go reserve a second one.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
At this point I've giving a F grade to the 2023, hopefully this is site glitches. Seems like a high price increase for not much added with all the talk of cost savings of moving to the US. The new center console seems like a joke, what was the point, they took off the arm rests on the seats, removed the roller door, and then just put a padded arm reset in its place. This seems less functional than the one the car had.

As it sits, similarly configured, A Pro-S + AWD is $3897 more than the 2022 I have reserved. With that being the configuration shows 3 different prices of the base car on different screens. Press release says the base price is $53,995, the configurator jumps to $54,390, and then to $55,390 when I select either of the two interiors.

·
145 Posts
At this point I've giving a F grade to the 2023, hopefully this is site glitches. Seems like a high price increase for not much added with all the talk of cost savings of moving to the US. The new center console seems like a joke, what was the point, they took off the arm rests on the seats, removed the roller door, and then just put a padded arm reset in its place. This seems less functional than the one the car had.

As it sits, similarly configured, A Pro-S + AWD is $3897 more than the 2022 I have reserved. With that being the configuration shows 3 different prices of the base car on different screens. Press release says the base price is $53,995, the configurator jumps to $54,390, and then to $55,390 when I select either of the two interiors.
There are new features for the added price on the Plus, features not available on the 2022 Pro S. You get an "overhead" view camera, the premium audio, heated rear seats, and a three zone climate control. As for the price increase, the jump to $54,390 is adding an extra cost paint color -- the gray, black, and dark blue are "free," they now charge for the White, as well as the red and the new arctic blue paint colors. The jump to $55,390 is when they add on the transportation cost; while it annoys me that they don't add that on to the stated price up front, adding on transportation costs only after you configure the car seems to be a "trick" that most car manufactures seem to do.

So the price has increased, but not by as much as you are thinking, though the change in features to add the "Plus" makes it harder to figure the exact cost increase.

·
1,375 Posts
Yeah, they put the options in a new blender and threw in a few new ones for the Plus model.

As for price, there is a pretty good price increase in there. The Pro S AWD that I have now from 2021 with gradient was just under $50k. The new Pro S AWD is $51,295 but no gradient. Pre destination charges. And they moved the power folding mirrors and puddle lights to the Pro S Plus. So in reality its a $3k price increase over same basic car ($51,295 - $48,175) with a few different options... faster charging, faster USB-C charging but a few removed features.

The Pro S Plus compared to my 2021 is $53,995 vs $51,250 (I added back in the gradient package price here). So the new options of a 360 degree camera, subwoofer, Park Assist, and 3 zone climate/seats added about $2,750 on top of what gradient was before ($1,500).

So the changes aren't small at the high end anyhow.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are new features for the added price on the Plus, features not available on the 2022 Pro S. You get an "overhead" view camera, the premium audio, heated rear seats, and a three zone climate control. As for the price increase, the jump to $54,390 is adding an extra cost paint color -- the gray, black, and dark blue are "free," they now charge for the White, as well as the red and the new arctic blue paint colors. The jump to $55,390 is when they add on the transportation cost; while it annoys me that they don't add that on to the stated price up front, adding on transportation costs only after you configure the car seems to be a "trick" that most car manufactures seem to do.

So the price has increased, but not by as much as you are thinking, though the change in features to add the "Plus" makes it harder to figure the exact cost increase.
It was $56,685 with delivery charge. it's a bug, I assume in the site. One of the menus jumps the price 1000 for no reason. It also says the base price is $53,995 at the start then changes to $54,390 as the base price. Also looks like they revised all prices in the Options section also.

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was $56,685 with delivery charge. it's a bug, I assume in the site. One of the menus jumps the price 1000 for no reason. It also says the base price is $53,995 at the start then changes to $54,390 as the base price. Also looks like they revised all prices in the Options section also.
Looks like they have it fixed now. So $1000 was just a bug on the site, and the other $395 was a bug with the color selector. Pure Gray was shown as no cost but had a $395 cost in the expanded details.

·
145 Posts
Fair enough. I apparently only saw it after the fixed the errors.

·
888 Posts
It made me use a second email address. No biggie.

Dave

·
177 Posts
It made me use a second email address. No biggie.

Dave
Thanks. That worked for me, too, on a 2023 AWD Pro. But although I finished the order and paid the $100 and set up the new Portal Page using the VW confirmation email, whenever I click on the new page URL it takes me to my 2022 reservation. Which I don't suppose matters that much for the time being, but it's a bit vexing nonetheless, and I'm insufficiently digital to suss it out.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
4,747 Posts
Kinda like MY2021 software updates? 🤪

Poor form to roll out the configurator before it's complete imho. The excitement created by rapid posting quickly backfires with such flaws.
Love how they are developing on a live site. King's Red is now Aurora Red.

·
2022 VW ID.4 Pro S AWD w/ Gradient
56 Posts
I finally found photos of the new "Plus" wheels. Anyone else think these things are hideous? I can see that will be my first change....after tint.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car

1 - 20 of 23 Posts