Volkswagen ID Forum banner
221 - 240 of 338 Posts

·
6 Posts
2023 RWD Pro in grey. Reserved 8/10, locked 9/17. ETA pickup Dec 1-Jan 1.
I am guessing it will beat my
2022 RWD Pro in grey that I reserved 4/11, locked 7/14 with ETA Pickup Oct 1-Nov 1.
Both status 03.
Here's hoping the 2023 arrives in December so that tax credit situation doesn't get dodgy, but I am definitely not holding my breath. Hopefully we'll actually see some 2023s show up as demos soon. I am treating the model year 2022 as a long shot, because of the tax situation. Am keeping the reservation in the off chance they send me a 2023. VW has done stranger things.

Got a Mach E reservation as well with Dec-Feb delivery estimate (not yet scheduled for production), so at this point it's a 3-way race to the finish. If I can just get 1 of the 3 by end of January with $7500 tax credit eligibility, I will be a happy camper. If none of them are eligible at that point, then I have a backup Blazer reservation. This whole thing feels a bit like trying to get a car behind the Iron Curtain.

·
12 Posts
My RWD Pro reservation still remains at 10-2 since 9/19 but the from date went from November to December today. My To date has also moved from January to February. So, it does look like AWD is getting prioritized based on AWD holders posts about moving to 15-2.
What do these numbers represent ( 10-2, 15-2 ) ? And where do you see these numbers?

·
19 Posts
What do these numbers represent ( 10-2, 15-2 ) ? And where do you see these numbers?
From an older post on this forum----

03 Locked (wheel step 3)
05 Locked next step order created
10 Locked next step request production
10-2 Locked next step production scheduling soon
15-1 Vehicle Scheduled For Production (call your dealer now they usually have better dates than the portal.)
15-2 Vehicle in production
20-1 Production complete, VIN assigned
20-2 Left the port (wheel step 4, at this point some dealers can tell you a ship number for those really obsessed with this.)
30-1 Arrived in port but not unloaded yet.
30-2 Unloaded from ship, not cleared customs yet (wheel step 5.).
30-3 Cleared customs, waiting to load on transporter
35-1 released to the transporter (rail)
35-2 released to the transporter (truck)
35-3 released to the transporter (shorter distance truck?)
40 in a holding parking lot waiting for a truck
50 and higher- Arriving at dealer (wheel step 6-7, yet often dealer calls and its in before wheel updates)

·
19 Posts
My status got updated to 20-2 : Left the Port. What could that mean for a US made ID4? The expected delivery is still showing up as Nov-Dec 2022. Does it mean this is in transit to Chicago (my dealer)

Reactions: MakeItWain

·
2023 AWD Pro S (Opal White/Cosmic Interior) - reserved 08/07, locked 09/20
110 Posts
My status got updated to 20-2 : Left the Port. What could that mean for a US made ID4? The expected delivery is still showing up as Nov-Dec 2022. Does it mean this is in transit to Chicago (my dealer)
For all intents and purposes, I do believe that's the case or super close to being the case and you'll probably want to call your dealer.

·
105 Posts
RWD silver Pro (large battery) ordered 8-4, locked 9-16
AWD Arctic blue Pro S plus ordered 8-6, waiting to lock- when I ordered this on August 6 I talked to a person at VW who told me, "There is no set ETA to when you will receive the order lock email. However, I can tell you AWD ID.4 orders generally take roughly 8 months after the $400 deposit is placed, while RWD orders have an ETA of 3-4 months after the $400 deposit is placed."

·
414 Posts
AWD Arctic blue Pro S plus ordered 8-6, waiting to lock- when I ordered this on August 6 I talked to a person at VW who told me, "There is no set ETA to when you will receive the order lock email. However, I can tell you AWD ID.4 orders generally take roughly 8 months after the $400 deposit is placed, while RWD orders have an ETA of 3-4 months after the $400 deposit is placed."
Lol, this is the same message from March 2022. They did not update for TN production.

·
1,796 Posts
For all intents and purposes, I do believe that's the case or super close to being the case and you'll probably want to call your dealer.
I doubt it. Remember that behind the Chattanooga plant is considered a “port” since it is all a FTZ. I’d hold all hopes till you see it leave port. Technically leaving the factory and getting to the port just means it was driven out the door and over to the back lot. 😂

·
7 Posts
I doubt it. Remember that behind the Chattanooga plant is considered a “port” since it is all a FTZ. I’d hold all hopes till you see it leave port. Technically leaving the factory and getting to the port just means it was driven out the door and over to the back lot. 😂
Haha I came home to find my reservation had updated to 20-2 and immediately checked this thread hoping to find a comment from you @Plant Peon -- thank you for all your insight into this process.

·
1,215 Posts
Yep, that is the party line. I hope it comes true for you and me.

Dave

Reactions: billh96007

·
1,215 Posts
Is that back lot where you do the signings? Watch for an Arctic Blue one!

Dave

·
7 Posts
10,000 vehicles recalled for batteries. Impact on production? Would be nice if this is just a rumor.

·
159 Posts
Yeah, I don't think we will know they are leaving the factory area until we start seeing at least 30-3 codes (made it through customs). Mine is at 20-2 now.

Reactions: Plant Peon
221 - 240 of 338 Posts