Volkswagen ID Forum banner
521 - 540 of 586 Posts

·
110 Posts
Also changed from 03 to 05 with a change from Jan-Feb to Jan-June (Opal White/Cosmic RWD Pro S). Will call the dealership to find out what they see on their end.
Maybe too quick on the draw. Called the dealership and they didn't have any estimated time frame on their end. For the AWD that's at "10" they did, so maybe the estimate doesn't show up until the factory has recognized the placed order.

Reactions: Solejean

·
2022 AWD Pro, Moonstone/Black, reserved 10/10/21, locked 4/11/22, holding at 20-1 and counting
373 Posts
Maybe too quick on the draw. Called the dealership and they didn't have any estimated time frame on their end. For the AWD that's at "10" they did, so maybe the estimate doesn't show up until the factory has recognized the placed order.
I dropped in on my VW guy today--2023 AWD Pro currently at 10-2--and he pulled a build date from his portal of 4822, which jibes with the estimated delivery window of December - February 2023. From Chattanooga it goes via rail to, I think, Davisville RI (the old Quonset Point Naval Station for you oldster vets), then gets loaded onto a car-hauler bound for Maine. My (or I should say The Dealer's) 2022 AWD Pro, by contrast, is apparently still sitting on the dock in Emden.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mrau

·
168 Posts
Aurora Red Metallic Pro S AWD ordered 8/19, locked 9/22, leaving factory 10/10.

Showed up on dealer website today (11/1), anticipated delivery 11/16-11/20. Rail to Denver then presumably truck to Salt Lake City.
This is good info. It shows that from completion of vehicle to delivery takes 5 to 6 weeks. We can use that info to calculate when a car needs to be completed in order for it to be delivered by the end of the year. If we start at December 26th and back up 6 weeks, that's November 14th. Does anyone know how long it takes to actually make the car? For now, I'm just going to use 7 days as the stand in, which would mean the car would need to start production November 7th (or November 3rd if they don't work weekends). So basically, if the car isn't in production by the end of this week or early next week, it's not coming this year. Definitely want to keep an eye on the status codes for the next week or so.

Reactions: Mrau and Solejean

·
168 Posts
And as far as we know, no RWDs (Pro or Pro S) are in production, right?
As of today, according to the chrome extension, only AWD Pro S and a small number of RWD Pro S are status 15-2 (vehicle in production) or higher. No other trims are at the production level yet.

Reactions: billh96007

·
68 Posts
I received an email Saturday that my 2023 is in the US and on its way to the dealer with a picture of the wheel at step 5 of 7. The website however still has me at 4 of 7 and 20-2 according to the plugin.

VW.com tells me it's in transit to the dealer and the dealer today shows it is on the lot but no call yet. It also showed as being on the lot last week prior to changing to being in transit so I'll believe it when they call.

·
2023 Aurora Red Metallic Pro S AWD (soon I hope)
12 Posts
I received an email Saturday that my 2023 is in the US and on its way to the dealer with a picture of the wheel at step 5 of 7. The website however still has me at 4 of 7 and 20-2 according to the plugin.

VW.com tells me it's in transit to the dealer and the dealer today shows it is on the lot but no call yet. It also showed as being on the lot last week prior to changing to being in transit so I'll believe it when they call.

Your timeline looks similar to mine

ordered 8/19, locked 9/22, leaving factory 10/10. Showed up on dealer website today (11/1)

I called dealer last week and he expects it to be delivered between 16th and 20th November. Also gave me a copy of the window sticker with the VIN.

·
2023 Aurora Red Metallic Pro S AWD (soon I hope)
12 Posts
Similar thing with me and @rman and @ericID4. Ordered 8/05
Locked 9/20
Still at 20-2 and car showed on VW site Friday 10/28 and on dealer site today, 11/1. Picking up first thing in the morning. If I didn’t call and pester them and keep track of it, it’s possible it would be sitting longer.
Best wishes for you and your new car. Perhaps you can update us on new ownership after a while.

·
41 Posts
My backup car (Pure Grey pro S Plus RWD) locked today. My original order is at 05 so it’s now a race to see what arrives first.

·
289 Posts
Reservation Date: Aug 16 2022
For a Standard = 62Kwh
Order Request Date: Oct 20 2022; Moved from Reservation to Locked. Or to a 03 code.

This week order moved to "Order Generated" or a 05 code.

I noticed last week on the VW website they have stopped taking orders for the Standard Model.

Disappointingly the delivery range changed from Jan 2023 to Feb 2023; to Jan 2023 to June 2023.

I have a commission number now as well. Are these sequential;? Is anyone able to estimate where in the VIN sequencing this will be produced and postulate a date? Usually I would not ask but why would the delivery window expand by 5 months as items get more queued in the production sequence unless it is a negative?

-------------------------

Looked at the stats in the Chrome Extension. By a couple of times the the "ID4 S" has a considerably more production approved status's. My Assumption is VW is going to build the ID4 S trims before they build the ID4 standard trims.

521 - 540 of 586 Posts