Volkswagen ID Forum banner
541 - 560 of 586 Posts

·
289 Posts
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Motor vehicle

Government Site has some information now on the 2023. Looks like the 62kwh battery is lighter; and not sure if the smaller tire size (which I really really dont like) is factored in on the VW ID4 Standard; which supports a greater theoretical MPGe.

Reason for checking this out was to determine tax credits; which are not there yet on the 2023. And the charging speed; which again is not there.

3 different ways it looks like the 2023 with the smaller battery is 10% to 12% more efficient in theory; not sure how this real this will be.

In regards to the charging speed of the battery; with thermal management they should be able to maximize the input to the 62kwh battery. Although it is simply smaller; less places for electrons to flow to. Really hoping the first ID4 Standard or ID4 S model out there tests the charging speed curve and publishes it.

·
96 Posts
Pro S plus AWL Arctic Blue, locked 10-16 and until today was showing delivery 1-01-23 to 2-01-23. Now it shows 1-01-23 to 6 -01-23. I let the 2022 go because the 2023 was so near... Why such a long delivery estimate?
Part shortages? Slow production? Us RWD folks (it appears) have to wait months for the AWD folks to all get theirs first.

Since you are getting AWL, you probably have to wait even longer. :ROFLMAO:

·
120 Posts
Part shortages? Slow production? Us RWD folks (it appears) have to wait months for the AWD folks to all get theirs first.

Since you are getting AWL, you probably have to wait even longer. :ROFLMAO:
I also have a basic Pro RWD on order - it has a commission number, but has always shown Jan-June delivery. The AWD was scheduled to arrive in January, but now it's the same as the RWD. However, I bought this at a Sothby's auction - it should take my mind off the every receding ID4, 1940 Packard Custom Super Eight One-Eighty Club Sedan - Holl

·
2023 ID.4 AWD Pro S
50 Posts
AWD Pro S reserved 8/28, locked 10/24, dealer called today saying it arrived.
That is super fast! Looks like you picked the winning color/trim combo. Congrats.

·
168 Posts
AWD Pro S reserved 8/28, locked 10/24, dealer called today saying it arrived.
Did your status on the portal ever change, or is it still just showing locked?

·
1,501 Posts
  • Sad
Reactions: Solejean

·
85 Posts
Only if I knew Plus will likely end up being a big minus when I placed my order!:cry:

GR
I'm double minused - RWD and Plus.

Dave
Double Plus ungood here as well. Status 10 since ~9/20/22, and still Nov to Jan eta on the site, but I got a separate email stating the ETA is Dec to Feb without the website updating. Considering the fact that it's already Nov and it takes about 4-5weeks for the cars to ship. It's definitely Dec...best case scenario, but since I haven't seen any PLUS produced yet, it will be pushed to next year.

·
1,501 Posts
Double Plus ungood here as well. Status 10 since ~9/20/22, and still Nov to Jan eta on the site, but I got a separate email stating the ETA is Dec to Feb without the website updating. Considering the fact that it's already Nov and it takes about 4-5weeks for the cars to ship. It's definitely Dec...best case scenario, but since I haven't seen any PLUS produced yet, it will be pushed to next year.
You are ahead of me at "10". My RWD Plus is at "05".

Dave

·
2023 ID.4 Pro S Pure Gray
3 Posts
How would i find my order status details if I do not have the Chrome extension? I have an IPad and iPhone which does not allow extensions. My initial dates are currently showing 11/2022 to 01/2023

·
17 Posts
Thanks! The initial estimate when I locked said 1st quarter 2023. Then it updated to Nov/Dec when production finished. I was expecting to wait a long time based on some of the other comments.
Congrats! Where are you located? A bunch of us in the Northeast seem to have delayed deliveries. Hoping this is a sign of the bottleneck being relieved...

541 - 560 of 586 Posts