Volkswagen ID Forum banner
561 - 580 of 586 Posts

·
81 Posts
How would i find my order status details if I do not have the Chrome extension? I have an IPad and iPhone which does not allow extensions. My initial dates are currently showing 11/2022 to 01/2023
I think you'll need to ask someone with a desktop or laptop, but I don't think VW is bothering to keep the hidden status data up-to-date for already-built cars while they scramble to deliver them in 2022. I would just call your dealer - If the portal still says Nov-Jan, you're probably in the wave that jumped to 15-2 status, and the dealer can give you more accurate details. Last week, mine told me my car is at the port, and arriving by the end of the month. Is your interior Cosmic as well?

·
289 Posts
I know the link below has been on many of the Forums previously.

Questions:
1. Does anyone have confirmation that the VW ID4 62Kwh models; aka VW ID4 Standard Models will start to be built on Monday?
2. What day did the 2nd shift start? Or has it started on the VW ID4 Line? (I know I read this somewhere but looked up 40 news articles today and count find if the new ID4 production shift has started)

·
2023 ID.4 Pro S Pure Gray
3 Posts
I think you'll need to ask someone with a desktop or laptop, but I don't think VW is bothering to keep the hidden status data up-to-date for already-built cars while they scramble to deliver them in 2022. I would just call your dealer - If the portal still says Nov-Jan, you're probably in the wave that jumped to 15-2 status, and the dealer can give you more accurate details. Last week, mine told me my car is at the port, and arriving by the end of the month. Is your interior Cosmic as well?
My interior is Galaxy. Mine is a 2023, coming from Chattanooga.

·
8 Posts
Hello to all of the 2023 RWD Pro S contestants. There appears to be a beginning flow of silver with cosmic interior, silver with galaxy interior and tourmaline blue with cosmic interior to show up in some dealer extended inventory. Unfortunately, no white exteriors as of this note. Hoping that the white exterior is on the cusp of being released also. The dealers with these 2023 RWD Pro S colors are Jim Ellis in Atlanta, VW of South Charlotte, Wallace VW in Stuart FL and perhaps more. Perhaps some of the forum folks can pick up their RWD Pro S cars sooner than later and prepare for the $7500 tax credit. To the rest of us, hang in there and keep your fingers crossed. Santa Claus is coming to town?………

·
52 Posts
Hello to all of the 2023 RWD Pro S contestants. There appears to be a beginning flow of silver with cosmic interior, silver with galaxy interior and tourmaline blue with cosmic interior to show up in some dealer extended inventory. Unfortunately, no white exteriors as of this note. Hoping that the white exterior is on the cusp of being released also. The dealers with these 2023 RWD Pro S colors are Jim Ellis in Atlanta, VW of South Charlotte, Wallace VW in Stuart FL and perhaps more. Perhaps some of the forum folks can pick up their RWD Pro S cars sooner than later and prepare for the $7500 tax credit. To the rest of us, hang in there and keep your fingers crossed. Santa Claus is coming to town?………
Thanks for the heads up. One of those is my dealership! Not my car showing up in the inventory, however. Hoping for a Christmas miracle.

·
2023 AWD Pro White Ext Locked 9/21
24 Posts
Has anyone seen any Pro AWD models outside of New England? The dealer inventory page shows nothing and my dealer stopped answering the phone/won’t return my voicemails the past month.

·
168 Posts
Where can one access this extended inventory lookup?

·
2023 AWD Pro S (Opal White/Cosmic) - reserved 08/07, locked 09/20. Prev: 10/14/21 - 04/11 lock
311 Posts
That's great!

·
8 Posts
Where can one access this extended inventory lookup?
Hello Antonio, I search for the particular VW dealer site and go to their respective inventory.You can also check VW inventory, but you will need the zipcode of your particular dealer. If you go this route, you can set the dealer radius to go out 50 miles, 100 miles, etc to get more dealer inventory information. I find that each individual dealer site is a tad better, due to a more frequent update of sales, pending sales, current on the lot units and incoming units.Hope this helps you.

·
168 Posts
Hello Antonio, I search for the particular VW dealer site and go to their respective inventory.You can also check VW inventory, but you will need the zipcode of your particular dealer. If you go this route, you can set the dealer radius to go out 50 miles, 100 miles, etc to get more dealer inventory information. I find that each individual dealer site is a tad better, due to a more frequent update of sales, pending sales, current on the lot units and incoming units.Hope this helps you.
Thanks, that's typically what I do too, but didn't see those cars at the time, but they show up for me now. VW South Charlotte also has a Silver RWD Pro coming (in addition to the Silver RWD Pro S), that's the first regular Pro I've seen listed (RWD or AWD), and the first car I've seen listed with the Stone interior. Looks like things are flowing.

Reactions: Stpinindy

·
168 Posts
Well, I'm sad to say that I'm no longer a 2023 ID.4 reservation holder . . . because I'm now a 2023 ID.4 owner!

That's right, I bought a Pure Gray 2023 AWD Pro S ID.4 yesterday. Very excited and very pleased with the car so far. Of course, that left me with a decision to make about what to do with my reservation. I considered keeping the reservation until the car got delivered to the dealer, not for any dealer loyalty, but because maybe some poor soul who's been searching everywhere for one could come across it, but I realized it's almost certainly not going to be delivered until next year, and by then demand might drop with a reduced or non-existent tax credit, and I'd hate for the car to just languish on the lot. So I went ahead and cancelled this morning. Hopefully with one less car in the queue, someone else with a Silver Mist Metallic AWD Pro order is that much closer to getting their car, hopefully before the end of the year. Good luck!

·
109 Posts
I decided that my 2023 isn't going to arrive by the end of the year and since I already bought a Nissan Leaf which will get me the $7500 tax credit I decided to go ahead and buy a new 2022. So I now have a grey Pro S with gradient trim RWD. Loving it so far, but haven't been able to connect carnet yet which is frustrating. I'm happy I have my ID 4, but will miss some of the great new items on the new 2023s especially the 360 camera and I won't have a signature from Plan Peon. :( But I saved money since it is a 2022 and I actually got it a couple hundred below MSRP. Works for me and I'm happy. I cancelled my orders so hopefully those will go to someone waiting and if they're closer to Tennessee than I am maybe they'll get there by the end of the year. :)

·
7 Posts
Let’s do a thread with 2023 orders only. Not if your order was switched from a 2022 to 2023 by VW, this is only if you specifically ordered a 2023. Let’s get a since of lock time. Please keep everything else out of this thread. Just give us the date and vehicle you ordered and then the date that you lock. Here is mine and also a family member:

08/03/2022 ordered rwd pro s plus, waiting to lock
08/03/2022 family member ordered awd pro s plus, waiting to lock
I have an ID.4 RWD Pro S Plus on order that I reserved on the 28th of August, and it locked on the 21st of September. It is now scheduled for Jan 2023 to June 2023. I have also seen orders reserved and locked after mine that are now shipping. They are all AWD Pro S. I contacted VW Customer Support, but they stated that orders are shipping according to the date they were reserved. I don't find this possible.

·
7 Posts
8/8: Reserved the S trim (standard battery), Tourmaline Blue, Gray, not locked.

May switch to AWD Pro S if I see orders starting to lock as I'd love to get one before the new tax credit guidance goes into effect.
In Southern California, you can purchase an AWD Pro S from the dealership lot. My local dealership Norm Reeves has 29 2023 on his lot, some sold, but lots are free to purchase. VW is not shipping cars according to when they were Registered. Pity.

·
ID.4 AWD Pro S red res. 7/31/22 locked 9/20/22 delivered 10/22/22
185 Posts
I talked to a new 2023 owner at the chargers the other day and they bought off the lot unreserved for about 6k over sticker in SF Bay Area. They were paying $120 a week in gas

·
2023 AWD Pro S (Opal White/Cosmic) - reserved 08/07, locked 09/20. Prev: 10/14/21 - 04/11 lock
311 Posts
In Southern California, you can purchase an AWD Pro S from the dealership lot. My local dealership Norm Reeves has 29 2023 on his lot, some sold, but lots are free to purchase. VW is not shipping cars according to when they were Registered. Pity.
Are they doing mark ups?

·
110 Posts
Unfortunately they aren’t building them in order of request for each individual car; it would just be very inefficient. They make them in batches of AWD vs RWD, in color, in trim level. I ordered mine before you but you might get it first if your color or Pro S Plus is in production prior to mine.

561 - 580 of 586 Posts