Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The larger battery Pro tempts me because I don’t really want that huge glass roof (because of the heat) and it looks like the cloth seats are a lighter color, which I prefer. I miss the heated steering wheel, but if the car can be preheated from inside the house, that probably isn't that big an issue. I also think the 19 inch wheels may give a better ride, and coupled with the metal roof, the car may be quieter. But I have a couple of questions about features I see on the Pro S plus.

What is three-zone climate control? Are there more vents, and/or vents in different locations than standard? I’m wondering if this would be an advantage for dogs in the rear of the car in the summer with AC running?

What is Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)?

Thanks!

·
2021 AWD Pro S
2,124 Posts
What is Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)?
The headlights turn when cornering, even at high speeds which I really like on my winding canyon country 45mph roads with deer waiting to jump out around every corner. They also adjust up, down, left, right and seem like they are alive and looking around. They keep long distance light in my lane when they go to low beams, its a better pattern than older lights. They are the best headlights I have ever had by far.

·
681 Posts
I would appreciate if someone put together a side by side comparision of the 2023 vs 2022 specs rwd or awd version.

Thanks!

Reactions: rhicks

·
59 Posts
Could someone please point me to that graphic about which models would be made when in TN? I've searched but can't seem to find it. Trying to see if AWD gets made before RWD, Pro trim.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Red
327 Posts
Could someone please point me to that graphic about which models would be made when in TN? I've searched but can't seem to find it. Trying to see if AWD gets made before RWD, Pro trim.
We know that the Standard (small battery) will begin production later than the large battery models. Otherwise, no word I've heard.

·
46 Posts
The larger battery Pro tempts me because I don’t really want that huge glass roof (because of the heat)
For what it's worth, we just went through one of the hottest month of the year at over 100F temps and the glass sunroof is not an issue at all. The HVAC works pretty darned well, to boot. Coupled with the silver-lined windshield on the AWD, it's pretty comfortable inside the car regardless of how hot it is outside.

·
2021 AWD Pro S
2,124 Posts
AWD are all they are making the first few months, confirmed by @Plant Peon . All the 2023 models for US and Canada will be made in TN.

·
Locked 7/13 White/ProS-G/AWD
46 Posts
That front camera looks like it would interfere with where front license plates would be mounted. I would have guessed they would have put it in the VW badge but apparently not.

·
158 Posts
The headlights turn when cornering, even at high speeds which I really like on my winding canyon country 45mph roads with deer waiting to jump out around every corner. They also adjust up, down, left, right and seem like they are alive and looking around. They keep long distance light in my lane when they go to low beams, its a better pattern than older lights. They are the best headlights I have ever had by far.
I agree the lights on the Pro S are superb and follow your steering input. Also, there is side lighting on directional turns!

·
33 Posts
For what it's worth, we just went through one of the hottest month of the year at over 100F temps and the glass sunroof is not an issue at all. The HVAC works pretty darned well, to boot. Coupled with the silver-lined windshield on the AWD, it's pretty comfortable inside the car regardless of how hot it is outside.
I concur. Temperatures have been in the high 80s and low 90s here. My wife's id.4 has been no hotter than my Mazda CX-5.

·
464 Posts
I would appreciate if someone put together a side by side comparision of the 2023 vs 2022 specs rwd or awd version.

Thanks!
Not my content, but useful - think it's Pro S RWDs being compared

·
128 Posts
The AC in this car (and perhaps other EVs) cools the car off faster than any other car I’ve experienced. Sometimes I forget to turn on the climate when I leave work, and it’s warm, for sure, but not for long. My old A4 would be sweltering as I pulled back into my garage.

Reactions: Manybees and Huey52

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
4,747 Posts
@Plant Peon has stated a number of times that, thus far, TN AWD production far outweighs RWD. But then of course in the USA the AWD is overwhelmingly preferred (whether needed or not; however as a Maine EV girl justified ;)

·
128 Posts
@Plant Peon has stated a number of times that, thus far, TN AWD production far outweighs RWD. But then of course in the USA the AWD is overwhelmingly preferred (whether needed or not; however as a Maine EV girl justified ;)
I wonder how a 300 hp RWD would fare. I personally don't think people are buying this vehicle for speed, but the driving experience between RWD and AWD is, to me, night and day.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
4,747 Posts
I would agree, as I believe most are buying the AWD for more assured Winter traction to get them moving and pull better though turns and are also happy with the side benefit add'l Hp that comes with the dual motors. Of course dedicated Winter or the new All Weather tires (not to be confused with all season) for deep snow.

I have no basis for comparison but the current RWD is more than adequate for my northeast (light snow only) driving. I had 300 Hp in my prior vehicle (albeit much lighter) and never really got to use it aside from a few track days and some early Sunday morn backroad truly joy rides. ;)
I wonder how a 300 hp RWD would fare. I personally don't think people are buying this vehicle for speed, but the driving experience between RWD and AWD is, to me, night and day.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Red
327 Posts
the driving experience between RWD and AWD is, to me, night and day.
I'd buy AWD if it had the RWD turning radius. I've owned my ID.4 for a year. Once when passing an 18 wheeler on a two lane road, I wished for more HP. I take advantage of that small turning radius nearly every day. Personal preference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts