Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 36 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I was asking some questions when I had mine at the dealer the other day and they seemed confused about something. They said mine showed 3.2 software on their VW scanner. Then I was confused because my screen shows 3.1. They called it in to the engineers and were assured it is 3.2 and there is some kind of bug and all the 2023s have 3.2 but are showing 3.1. So that would be the version you should be waiting on.

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Has anyone else learned that their 2023 has version 3.2 software?

·
1,753 Posts
My understanding is that every 2023 has 3.2 but showing 3.1.
Sheesh, I generally try to cut them some slack about their software struggles, because they're clearly paying a hard price for rushing a product to market (and I've been there before in my career), but honestly, this one is like flunking Intro to Coding 101.

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
All I know is what I heard from Europe back in July that all Chattanooga built 2023s were going to have a later software version than 3.1. If you read @Nu2Ev's post above it confirms what I was told. I'm trying to find out more.

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
What’s the difference between 3.1 and 3.2? I have a 2023 but never used another 3.1 version so i don’t have anything to compare it to
That's what we are trying to find out.

·
Super Moderator
5,624 Posts
Other than a marketing ploy so as not to "offend" Euro owners by the USA MY2023 actual v3.2 vs. displayed v3.1 why oh why would VW do this? It goes against every software version-logging convention I've even known! 🤦‍♂️

btw: They're not concerned with offending me in that I still have v2.1 🤪
Sheesh, I generally try to cut them some slack about their software struggles, because they're clearly paying a hard price for rushing a product to market (and I've been there before in my career), but honestly, this one is like flunking Intro to Coding 101.
My contact assures me that all 2023s from Chattanooga are 3.2.

21 - 36 of 35 Posts