Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Findlay VW in Las Vegas has 3 Black/Black ID.4 listed at MSRP plus delivery if anyone wants to jump the reservation line. 2 are Pro S, one is just Pro. I know two at least were buyers backing out, guessing the third is as well.

·
681 Posts
"I know! Let's send only black ones to the desert!" Seriously that would be some bad solar gain.

·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aside from the heat I will never own another black car in the desert because of how well they display dust. Never looks clean. I got to drive one yesterday and the temp slider almost burned my finger it was so hot. They had a white one as well that he thinks might be for sale soon but already had an interested buyer. All 3 Pro S had gradient and they all had black interior.

·
681 Posts
Aside from the heat I will never own another black car in the desert because of how well they display dust. Never looks clean. I got to drive one yesterday and the temp slider almost burned my finger it was so hot. They had a white one as well that he thinks might be for sale soon but already had an interested buyer. All 3 Pro S had gradient and they all had black interior.
You might have to custom order what you want. I live in a sunny climate also and I jumped on white with a gray interior. But try telling the salesman man what you are looking for. Back in 2012 the salesman had someone drive my new TDI 300 miles from another dealer overnight.

·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a res for a Blue/Grey Pro S but I told them if one becomes available sooner to hit me up. Just surprised that 4 people backed out on the first 4 Pro they received. I might try to see if I can get the 1st they are using as a demo. I need a hitch for my bike rack.

·
2021 1st
874 Posts
In the desert I'm in the dirt is so fine that it doesn't matter whether you're in a black or white car (or any other color, for that matter) it's going to get covered. I did have a white eGolf under the assumption it would be easier to keep clean but it wasn't and was probably worse to keep clean.

I grew up in San Diego, not the desert, so it always baffles me how many people drive black/black around here. I tell myself I can change the interior down the road...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts