Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1137 Posts

·
1,215 Posts
So now VW has a bunch of 22's likely the last ones on " scheduled for production " what next? Another 2-3 month wait? I bet. Again congratulations to @wildpitcher for moving up.

PS.. Sorry for bragging guys but i want to see continued progress enough of this hold up .
In my case, if they build it in the next 3 weeks, it will likely make it to me in Seattle area just when they say it will - November to January.

Dave

·
1,484 Posts
15-1 seems like the last point of wiggle room and it seems to take forever. At 15-2 the actual manufacturing time exists. After that there's shipping schedules which can be tracked. So what is the actual manufacturing time (assembly in this case) of an AWD id4 Pro?
Mine took 12 days last December. I think times can vary from 10-15 calendar days to go from 15-2 to 20-1.

·
795 Posts
15-1 seems like the last point of wiggle room and it seems to take forever. At 15-2 the actual manufacturing time exists. After that there's shipping schedules which can be tracked. So what is the actual manufacturing time (assembly in this case) of an AWD id4 Pro?
Mine is a RWD Pro -s.

·
26 Posts
I was right about a week from 15-2 to 20-1.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mrau

·
35 Posts
you must be rich to consider $7,500 just "oh well".
I'm definitely not. I saved a lot of money to buy this car (that's what waiting almost a year will get you). But the way I look at it, the tax credit doesn't change the actual price of the car. It still cost me MSRP. And I don't think I have enough tax liability (aka I try to keep my withholding at the point where I owe very little) to claim the entire $7500 anyway; it would have just zeroed out my tax payment (which is nice! I'd love it if I didn't have to pay taxes next year!). But at the end of the day, I'm still going to pay the entire price of the car (and more, given that I'm financing). I was never counting on the tax credit to somehow reduce the literal, on the sticker price of the car, and I'm glad I wasn't and budgeted for that price, because I wouldn't have a car right now. I was never going to get a $7500 check from the government, because it was my understanding that's not how the tax credit worked (though is it actually a rebate now? Forgive me if I get my tax terms mixed up). If it had been a check and I lost out on that money because of the IRA? I absolutely would have had to cancel.
I could totally be wrong in my understanding of tax laws. But since I wasn't going to get a check, I didn't expect it, and when the law changed, I wasn't as disappointed. I needed a new car, I wanted this one, I budgeted for the maximum amount of MSRP, and I'm glad I did.

BTW, the car is lovely. Tried out B mode this morning during my commute. I don't love the mode yet, but it was nice to see the green bar get bigger when I lifted my foot off the accelerator...

·
414 Posts
I'm definitely not. I saved a lot of money to buy this car (that's what waiting almost a year will get you). But the way I look at it, the tax credit doesn't change the actual price of the car. It still cost me MSRP. And I don't think I have enough tax liability (aka I try to keep my withholding at the point where I owe very little) to claim the entire $7500 anyway; it would have just zeroed out my tax payment (which is nice! I'd love it if I didn't have to pay taxes next year!). But at the end of the day, I'm still going to pay the entire price of the car (and more, given that I'm financing). I was never counting on the tax credit to somehow reduce the literal, on the sticker price of the car, and I'm glad I wasn't and budgeted for that price, because I wouldn't have a car right now. I was never going to get a $7500 check from the government, because it was my understanding that's not how the tax credit worked (though is it actually a rebate now? Forgive me if I get my tax terms mixed up). If it had been a check and I lost out on that money because of the IRA? I absolutely would have had to cancel.
I could totally be wrong in my understanding of tax laws. But since I wasn't going to get a check, I didn't expect it, and when the law changed, I wasn't as disappointed. I needed a new car, I wanted this one, I budgeted for the maximum amount of MSRP, and I'm glad I did.

BTW, the car is lovely. Tried out B mode this morning during my commute. I don't love the mode yet, but it was nice to see the green bar get bigger when I lifted my foot off the accelerator...
Well, the 2023 is more expensive, so it is like $5000 anyway. And anyone doing a trade-in will get more now.
I say just enjoy the car!

·
24 Posts

If I understand the tax credit correctly (which I think I do after much research, but I still could be wrong), it reduces your tax liability. That means that the taxes you owe the government gets reduced by 7500 before your refunds. So, for example, if married filing jointly (i think) makes 180k, then your liability would be around 30k. But with the credit, that number reduces to 22500. It doesnt really matter what your refunds usually are.

Again, I may be mistaken, but this is the way I've come to understand it.

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,049 ·
. And I don't think I have enough tax liability (aka I try to keep my withholding at the point where I owe very little) to claim the entire $7500 anyway; it would have just zeroed out my tax payment (which is nice! I'd love it if I didn't have to pay taxes next year!).

I could totally be wrong in my understanding of tax laws.
If I understand what you are saying then you misunderstand how the tax credit works. It is a credit against your total tax liability for the year, not against how much you may have underpaid. For example, if your tax liability was $7500 and you had paid exactly $7500 then your liability would go to zero and the $7500 you had paid would be refunded.

·
35 Posts
As I said, I might be wrong. But me being wrong about it doesn't change the actual number I have to pay for the car. It wouldn't have reduced the amount I needed to be loaned. And while it would be nice to have zero taxes next year, I'm grateful that I'm in a financial position where I can take this leap without that perk.

I hope your cars all arrive soon. Now I just have to figure out how to properly back into parking spaces--I had a 20 year old car before this, which means I've never had a backup camera, and it will take some getting used to!

·
ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
330 Posts
So, funny enough - looks like the delivery dates are slipping now. From Nov - Dec, delivery is now showing Feb - Apr 2023 on MY22. Curious if others are seeing the same?

·
330 Posts
VW just announces that the semiconductor chips shortage will last until 2024. This is real bad news for all of us.
Don’t know about that. I mean Chattanooga is producing cars and VW in Germany doesn’t have semis anymore for last batch of 22’s?! I don’t think factories compete between each other… anyway, we will never find out.

·
159 Posts
So, funny enough - looks like the delivery dates are slipping now. From Nov - Dec, delivery is now showing Feb - Apr 2023 on MY22. Curious if others are seeing the same?
Yeah, mine just slipped to Jan - March. Seems like it would just be easier to move to MY23. Not sure why they would insist on keeping sending them from Germany by that point.

Reactions: Stpinindy

·
330 Posts
Yeah, mine just slipped to Jan - March. Seems like it would just be easier to move to MY23. Not sure why they would insist on keeping sending them from Germany by that point.
We're getting Collection Edition. Or MY24s based on this speed.

Last year MY22s were switched on somewhere in December. I guess German factories will switch somewhere in Nov /Dec as well latest. Current timeframe assumes literally that VW will shop the last MY22s they make, and these will be loaded on last steamboat still operating across the Atlantic. Perhaps smth will change in the next weeks or months, let's see. That said, I'm starting to look at several other options and will be pleasantly surprised in VW delivers on smth before end of this year.

Reactions: oldfan

·
159 Posts
We're getting Collection Edition. Or MY24s based on this speed.

Last year MY22s were switched on somewhere in December. I guess German factories will switch somewhere in Nov /Dec as well latest. Current timeframe assumes literally that VW will shop the last MY22s they make, and these will be loaded on last steamboat still operating across the Atlantic. Perhaps smth will change in the next weeks or months, let's see. That said, I'm starting to look at several other options and will be pleasantly surprised in VW delivers on smth before end of this year.
Yeah. I'm wondering now if they have us scheduled towards the end of October and so, they add in a 2.5 months for boat/rail/shipping. That gets me to January at least. Would be pretty ridiculous with a early Nov. 2021 reservation getting the car many months after people who just reserved last/this month with the 2023s.

Still have a little hope for a MY23 changeover, but concerned we'll be the last of the Germany cars.

·
562 Posts
Nov-Dec to Jan-Mar here. Thinking this may be the end of my reservation - by then the used car market will be a lot more normal, and interest rates worse. Don't think I'll be able to justify it.

1041 - 1060 of 1137 Posts