Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1061 - 1080 of 1137 Posts

·
59 Posts
I'm trying to find out where I should look to figure out which ship my car will be on. I'm at 20-1 and today got the "Leaving the factory" email. It was nice reading that it's coming from Zwickau as I wanted a German 22'.My dealer is in Irvine, Ca so I'm not sure if the ship will be going to San Diego or Long Beach. I searched some threads but nothing jumped out at me. Thanks

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,063 ·
I'm trying to find out where I should look to figure out which ship my car will be on. I'm at 20-1 and today got the "Leaving the factory" email. It was nice reading that it's coming from Zwickau as I wanted a German 22'.My dealer is in Irvine, Ca so I'm not sure if the ship will be going to San Diego or Long Beach. I searched some threads but nothing jumped out at me. Thanks
Someone posted a list of ships scheduled to leave and the ports that they will be arriving at a couple weeks ago. From that I inferred that my car (also 20-1) will be getting on a ship next week and will arrive in Benicia (NorCal) near the end of October. Since you are also in CA you are probably in the same boat...literally.

·
150 Posts
I'm definitely not. I saved a lot of money to buy this car (that's what waiting almost a year will get you). But the way I look at it, the tax credit doesn't change the actual price of the car. It still cost me MSRP. And I don't think I have enough tax liability (aka I try to keep my withholding at the point where I owe very little) to claim the entire $7500 anyway; it would have just zeroed out my tax payment (which is nice! I'd love it if I didn't have to pay taxes next year!). But at the end of the day, I'm still going to pay the entire price of the car (and more, given that I'm financing). I was never counting on the tax credit to somehow reduce the literal, on the sticker price of the car, and I'm glad I wasn't and budgeted for that price, because I wouldn't have a car right now. I was never going to get a $7500 check from the government, because it was my understanding that's not how the tax credit worked (though is it actually a rebate now? Forgive me if I get my tax terms mixed up). If it had been a check and I lost out on that money because of the IRA? I absolutely would have had to cancel.
I could totally be wrong in my understanding of tax laws. But since I wasn't going to get a check, I didn't expect it, and when the law changed, I wasn't as disappointed. I needed a new car, I wanted this one, I budgeted for the maximum amount of MSRP, and I'm glad I did.

BTW, the car is lovely. Tried out B mode this morning during my commute. I don't love the mode yet, but it was nice to see the green bar get bigger when I lifted my foot off the accelerator...
never mind someone addressed/corrected this in the post above,,,

·
150 Posts
If I understand the tax credit correctly (which I think I do after much research, but I still could be wrong), it reduces your tax liability. That means that the taxes you owe the government gets reduced by 7500 before your refunds. So, for example, if married filing jointly (i think) makes 180k, then your liability would be around 30k. But with the credit, that number reduces to 22500. It doesnt really matter what your refunds usually are.

Again, I may be mistaken, but this is the way I've come to understand it.
you are not mistaken, this is how it works. ID4 will be my 4th EV :)

·
2016 Leaf SV 30KWH Battery
11 Posts
My ID.4 is in US! 9/21/2022 Status 30-2 : Unloaded from ship, not cleared customs. Car was unloaded from Sunshine Ace in Sparrows Point, MD on 9/21. 14 days from Emden to unloaded at Sparrows Point. Actually, saw the ship moored at the dock on ship tracking software.
I don't think Sunshine Ace unloaded completely as it only lost a meter or so in reported draft. Plus, the ship is now headed to Jacksonville FL instead of back to Emden. All speculation on my part, but those of you expecting your ID.4 to land in Jacksonville may have something to hope for.

·
24 Posts
My ID.4 is in US! 9/21/2022 Status 30-2 : Unloaded from ship, not cleared customs. Car was unloaded from Sunshine Ace in Sparrows Point, MD on 9/21. 14 days from Emden to unloaded at Sparrows Point. Actually, saw the ship moored at the dock on ship tracking software.
I don't think Sunshine Ace unloaded completely as it only lost a meter or so in reported draft. Plus, the ship is now headed to Jacksonville FL instead of back to Emden. All speculation on my part, but those of you expecting your ID.4 to land in Jacksonville may have something to hope for.
Curious...has your expected delivery date changed at all? You're pretty far along in the process, but I want to see if everyone's dates getting pushed back is just an automatic VW algorithm change or if their waits have truly been extended.

·
143 Posts
Curious...has your expected delivery date changed at all? You're pretty far along in the process, but I want to see if everyone's dates getting pushed back is just an automatic VW algorithm change or if their waits have truly been extended.
Mine is on a boat right now. My dates did not change, still showing 10/1-11/1

Reactions: @NavNM

·
Res 2022 ID4 AWD Pro S
52 Posts
You cN get the info from your dealer

·
1,215 Posts
With the new delays for our 2022, it seems increasingly likely we end up with a 2023.

Dave

Reactions: Mrau

·
414 Posts
Lol. Still at 10-1 and the dates are now Dec-Feb instead of Nov-Jan.
Any my 2023 order is not locking either - I wonder if they are leaving out people like me with two orders.

·
233 Posts
My 2022 AWD Pro (10/10 reservation, 4/11 lock, currently 20-1 on the wheel-o-pain) got pushed back from Oct-Dec to Dec-Feb this morning. It seems a general pushing-back is happening, possibly related to transportation issues. Ships appear to be leaving Emden 9/21, 9/27, and 9/30, then there isn't another until November 10.

·
ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
330 Posts
My 2022 AWD Pro (10/10 reservation, 4/11 lock, currently 20-1 on the wheel-o-pain) got pushed back from Oct-Dec to Dec-Feb this morning. It seems a general pushing-back is happening, possibly related to transportation issues. Ships appear to be leaving Emden 9/21, 9/27, and 9/30, then there isn't another until November 10.
That's interesting. It wouldn't make any sense to hold on shipping cars to US, unless VW expects lower volumes starting October. That, and the fact that German factories will at some point change to MY23s, might offer a ray of hope that some of the pending MY22 orders will be shifted to MY23s. There are lots of 411s and 713s pending.... the only issue I have with this assumption is that VW would have done the switch by now should this have been the intention.

·
233 Posts
That's interesting. It wouldn't make any sense to hold on shipping cars to US, unless VW expects lower volumes starting October. That, and the fact that German factories will at some point change to MY23s, might offer a ray of hope that some of the pending MY22 orders will be shifted to MY23s. There are lots of 411s and 713s pending.... the only issue I have with this assumption is that VW would have done the switch by now should this have been the intention.
It could be just delays in shipping--holdups at ports, limited capacity, weather-related detours--that bunched up ships on the schedule. My AWD is at 20-1. Which means, loosely, that it left the factory and traveled to Emden and is now hanging around the docks waiting for a ride. If it doesn't make it onto the two vessels leaving Emden for N.A. next week, it'll be sitting there until November 10. Add in the winter travel challenges at sea and the holiday congestion, and a Dec-Feb arrival makes perfect sense, logistically.

·
7 Posts
Located in Southern California.
Received the following email today about leaving port, 24 days after getting the Leaving Factory email:

Font Number Document Parallel

·
2016 Leaf SV 30KWH Battery
11 Posts
My delivery date range has not changed. 10/1-11/1. I'm hopeful for delivery in that range. I still may get forced to cancel at the last minute.
Dealer is still refusing to reveal pricing. They are still hoping they can get me to cancel the order. Last I visited dealer they were proud to have an ID.4 that was an online order that was forced to cancel.
VW of America could learn a lot from Ford and GM on their way of handling out of control dealers.

·
7 Posts
Forgot to mention that my delivery range updated this week.
Now says 11/1 - 12/1
Previously stated 11/1 - 1/1
Lines up with dealer expectation of second half of November during last conversation in August.

2022 Pro S AWD
Moonstone Gray/ Lunar Gray

Ordered 10/21

Located in Southern California.
Received the following email today about leaving port, 24 days after getting the Leaving Factory email:

View attachment 15491

·
159 Posts
So, I reserved a 2023 on 8/4/2022 minutes after they let people do it on the website. Locked on 9/20/2022. Just moved to 20-1 today (9/22/2022). I don't know what to do. This one happened so fast. I guess that 2022 reservation is going to be canceled. Should I call the dealer and get a VIN? o_Oo_Oo_O

·
ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
330 Posts
So, I reserved a 2023 on 8/4/2022 minutes after they let people do it on the website. Locked on 9/20/2022. Just moved to 20-1 today (9/22/2022). I don't know what to do. This one happened so fast. I guess that 2022 reservation is going to be canceled. Should I call the dealer and get a VIN? o_Oo_Oo_O
These are probably the cars they've been producing since end July and are now being matched to locked reservations. Might be a good time to check in with the dealer. They might have the VIN or will probably have it in the next days. Good times and glad this came through for you!

1061 - 1080 of 1137 Posts