Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received the $400 Place your order email yet?

The dealer Q & A session on the dealer call video (download the newsletter posted by @perpetual_range) says they are going to try to make some deliveries to ZEV states by December ... get this ... to meet the requirements of the legal consent decree!

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
116 Posts
My confirmation was at 10:10 PST, in a ZEV state, but it's Washington. Hoping for a Christmas/tax year miracle!

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
116 Posts
Nah, just step 1. The intial reservation seems to be the priorty factor.

Checking email all waking hours though...

·
33 Posts
I'm in a tier 3 ZEV state. I have been in email correspondence with a rep from the dealer & my $100 dep hold is listed with them (along with a 1 cent hold from VW-NA). In the subsequent emails with that rep, it was conveyed that the dealer would be getting a Demo car from VW-NA to educate their sales staff & that he would tip me off to come down for a test drive.

·
81 Posts
I'm in a tier 3 ZEV state. I have been in email correspondence with a rep from the dealer & my $100 dep hold is listed with them (along with a 1 cent hold from VW-NA). In the subsequent emails with that rep, it was conveyed that the dealer would be getting a Demo car from VW-NA to educate their sales staff & that he would tip me off to come down for a test drive.
I didn't even realize there were tiers, thanks for pointing that out. I am in a tier 2 state, so I wonder if I will see anything in December.

·
116 Posts
Yeah, Washington State. Just moved here this summer not sure what tier they are though.
I'd think we'd be Tier 1 now. We've had legislation in effect since June that rubber stamps all California standards.

·
102 Posts
I'd think we'd be Tier 1 now. We've had legislation in effect since June that rubber stamps all California standards.
So, you guys have not gotten an email for confirmation of your configuration and the $400 additional deposit?

·
10 Posts
So, you guys have not gotten an email for confirmation of your configuration and the $400 additional deposit?
No. I ordered September 23, 2020. I'm not in a ZEV state, so maybe that explains it. Maybe my dealer realizes my car won't be one of the early arrivals.

·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just called VW with another question, and asked about the $400 email at the same time. Now, they are saying maybe in about 3 weeks as production ramps up.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts