Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
I wonder if 1st Editions will be built before the $400 email comes. There are no longer color options available to change to in the configurator and the 1st Edition is a one-size-fits-all package. I have visions of them all huddled up getting their software last minute like the ID.3 photos I've seen.

I wonder if 1st Editions will be built before the $400 email comes. There are no longer color options available to change to in the configurator and the 1st Edition is a one-size-fits-all package. I have visions of them all huddled up getting their software last minute like the ID.3 photos I've seen.
I think they already had them semi built? That鈥檚 why you couldn't change color after order sold out. I believe it takes a crazy amount of time for shipping. I鈥檓 still hoping for Xmas but I鈥檓 not feeling good not receiving an email. I could have went 12 miles to a ZEV State dealer but I have a dealer 2 miles from my home and it probably cost me at least a month on delivery.

I think they already had them semi built? That鈥檚 why you couldn't change color after order sold out. I believe it takes a crazy amount of time for shipping. I鈥檓 still hoping for Xmas but I鈥檓 not feeling good not receiving an email. I could have went 12 miles to a ZEV State dealer but I have a dealer 2 miles from my home and it probably cost me at least a month on delivery.
Nein... ;) Check out some videos on the ID3 at der Gl盲sernen Manufaktur. A recent Utube video has it that they are making 600 vehicles per day. By end of year, they are hoping to get to 800 vehicles per day. ATM, 1 in 4 vehicles on the line (two weeks ago) were ID4's. With this, basic math applies. I have seen repeated posts & comments by VWoA that there are 2,626 "1st Editions."

10 days across the Atlantic with good weather, 20 days in bad. (for a car ship) November is a crappy time of year to cross the Atlantic (personal knowledge), so 20 days... Anyhow. My point is: I am reading of comments on other forums & threads of "3 weeks from now." To me: (take it for what it is) This Jonzes. I am anticipating something from my Rez within the next 2 weeks, latest 3. That & 85 cents (at one time) got you a token on the T to get across Boston... So this is entirely my tea leaf view of this.

When some of you got your 2nd email to confirm your configuration, did you get another email after the $400 additional deposit stating approximate delivery date?

I am in a ZEV state, had my reservation in on the 23rd, haven't heard a word yet from my dealer. Guess I need to track my dealer down and see what is going on.

Discussion Starter #30
From when I posted. If you get a chance, maybe call too, and let us know what you hear: VW customercare 1鈥800鈥822鈥8987

You can ask a question, or just give them your reservation code and ask them to double check it for you.

I keep checking the My VW page too, but the whole thing, including discussions here, has just been such a relief from all the craziness in the world. For me, it is just nice to have the distraction of waiting for the email, then watching the updates (ship progress? maybe), and finally the new car.

I like your timetable, although living in Ohio I think it is somewhat optimistic. My 1st Edition confirmation was received on 9/23 at 1:15 pm. I would love to get the tax credit this year. Let's hope for something positive in 2020.

Discussion Starter #36
I like your timetable, although living in Ohio I think it is somewhat optimistic. My 1st Edition confirmation was received on 9/23 at 1:15 pm. I would love to get the tax credit this year. Let's hope for something positive in 2020.
I will be interesting to see if the actual time of order matters. It's such a small number of 1st, I doubt it matters, just another fun thing to waste time thinking about :). I was set like a race to try to get in my reservation, but lost a few minutes, because (unless I missed it) he never told us how to get to the reservation page! I was looking all over for a link, then a few minutes later realized it was on the VW home page! I was thinking if it was like Tesla M3's, the 1st might only last a few minutes, no such worry at all, as it turned out.

Also, the 1st description on the front page was so confusing, because it was more expensive, but the Pro front page blurb seemed to have more features. I took the 1st higher price as luck, and just blindly clicked through from there, but did lose another few minutes trying to figure out the 1st / Pro description part. All in good fun!

Super Moderator
2021 ID.4 Reservation
As much as I want this vehicle NOW I'm ok with getting thru another sand/salt Northeast Winter and looking further forward to a pristine EV in the Spring. But if it arrives earlier that's fine too. ;)

As much as I want this vehicle NOW I'm ok with getting thru another sand/salt Northeast Winter and looking further forward to a pristine EV in the Spring. But if it arrives earlier that's fine too. ;)
Where are you located if you don鈥檛 mind me asking?

Super Moderator
2021 ID.4 Reservation
MA which is one of the states that are supposed to get them earlier I believe. But we shall see ....

btw: The typical European vehicle transit ships dock first in Halifax, Nova Scotia and then Davisville, RI (my local dock) so that helps a bit as well. Although I once had an Audi hung up in Customs, so again we shall see.
Next year with Chattanooga, TN factory production ocean shipping will be moot.

Where are you located if you don鈥檛 mind me asking?

I鈥檓 in Delaware. We are one level below a ZEV State. My dealer said our port is Baltimore which is about an hour from us. I鈥檓 hoping for late December but not counting on it........

21 - 40 of 97 Posts