Volkswagen ID Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
122 Posts
btw: The typical European vehicle transit ships dock first in Halifax, Nova Scotia and then Davisville, RI (my local dock) so that helps a bit as well. Although I once had an Audi hung up in Customs, so again we shall see.
Next year with Chattanooga, TN factory production ocean shipping will be moot.
Volkswagen Group has its own vessels. Your port of entry would likely be Baltimore or Davisville, RI.

·
34 Posts
MA which is one of the states that are supposed to get them earlier I believe. But we shall see ....

btw: The typical European vehicle transit ships dock first in Halifax, Nova Scotia and then Davisville, RI (my local dock) so that helps a bit as well. Although I once had an Audi hung up in Customs, so again we shall see.
Next year with Chattanooga, TN factory production ocean shipping will be moot.
One carrier arrived to Baltimore yesterday. Another carrier arrived to Halifax today. There 2 on their way back to Emden to arrive Oct 19th & 26th.

"methinks" either will be Das Boot mit ID4's, more likely the 19th arrival at Emden as it is LNG driven & jives with the carbon footprint reduction efforts with the ID efforts. It will be in port for 3 1/2 days to reload, making an embarkation date of Oct 23trd. With 11 days to cross to Davisville, makes arrival Nov 3rd/4th. That ship will have another voyage cycle of a month for December. Although there are 3 other carriers I'm still getting the registrations for, as my search engine limits me to 20 registry's. I am leaning on the SIEM Confuscius as the carrier with the most likely delivery arrival time to match that "December delivery date."

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
122 Posts
How about Houston? West Coast deliveries should arrive there. California will be a big state to watch.

·
34 Posts
How about Houston? West Coast deliveries should arrive there. California will be a big state to watch.
That would be the Goodwood arriving on the 26th to Emden. That ship last cycle went Emden-Davisville-Houston-Mexico(2 stops)- Jacksonville.

TO BE CLEAR: This is a GUESS on my part. That & 85cents (at one time) could get you across Boston on the T. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once...

·
122 Posts

·
34 Posts
This article notes two new vessels that could be in the mix for the ID.4 due to the emissions of the other vessels.

Perhaps writers will do more research for their articles instead of running with supposition from a forum... My Journalism Professor would not be pleased if I had skimmed & ran with a story from discussions that happen here...

Alas ErickF: Go Get Em Tiger...

·
Super Moderator
2021 ID.4 Reservation
50 Posts
Yes, and have had their own vessels since pioneering same in the 1970's!

My POE is typically Davisville, RI, but of course it all depends on VAG scheduling.

Volkswagen Group has its own vessels. Your port of entry would likely be Baltimore or Davisville, RI.

·
34 Posts
I recall back in the late 90's they were unloading them in Charlestown, MA along the Mystic River (immediately upstream of the Tobin Bridge). Again 20 years ago. I worked next door & would look at the rising sun from the loading dock at 6 AM with a sea of VW Beetles & the Tobin silhouetted. Delicious beer...

·
29 Posts
As I understand it, the 2000 !st Editions have already been built, or the build may be near completion. Thats why the colors sold out.

·
104 Posts
I agree! It’s a matter of logistics now. With COVID shopping takes a lot longer from what I’ve been reading?

·
104 Posts
I called VoA customer service today. Of course they don’t have any info as to when we will see an email. Just said sit tight if you’ve gotten you first one.........Agh!!!!!!!!!

·
86 Posts
Here’s to hoping that we get the next step email today given that GMC is revealing the EV Hummer. Got to keep the VW hype up.

·
122 Posts
I'm crossing fingers for this week. Assuming it would be a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday since they will be making a significant update to the website and they'll want a full complement of customer service agents online.

I'd like to think that VW would make buzz around another manufacturers launch, but they haven't kept our buzz since launch day - complete crickets since our reservation confirmation emails.

·
104 Posts
Tomorrow is 4 weeks since debut. Maybe that is the day for the extra $400 and confirming order? Wishful thinking huh?

·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
That looks like the original status, same holding pattern we are all in Reservation Confirmed, Place your order "footnote 2". I do notice a please wait circle now when I check, maybe just so many of us feeling like we are close and checking at the same time. So much for my Oct. 22 prediction for the $400 email.

I expect that light blue line will advance around the circle about the time we get the $400 email.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts