Volkswagen ID Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
61 Posts
I'm really surprised there haven't been spy photos from Germany. Different situation, but there was evidence of stockpiling of ID.3's in the months ahead of deliveries
I doubt very much people in Niedersachsen care ever about what is loaded on ships in Emden. Having spent a week in Cuxhaven sitting in a Strandkorb watching ships pass in & out of the Elbe while my kids played on the beach. SO many ships TOO many ships to count or even care about. They pay more attention to containers getting washed overboard & littering their shores as a priority.

·
ID.4 1st Dusk Blue
86 Posts
I just received a call from VW Customer Care (no, not THE call). Scored my Dusk Blue 1st instead of Mythos Black 1st. One more bonus point for the customer care team, esp. Roger!

More to the point in this discussion: According to VW Customer Care, final configuration will be locked in over the next 3 weeks, and production then kicked off (would that be: final production steps to match orders, on prebuilt, half finished cars, as surmised in this thread?). Delivery of the first few cars is expected after Dec. 28.

·
101 Posts
Thanks for the post and congrats on the color change. So next year delivery it is. No way we get a between Christmas and New Years delivery. Oh well my birthday is end of January, Happy Bday to me.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
233 Posts
Welcome to Team Dusk Blue!

More to the point in this discussion: According to VW Customer Care, final configuration will be locked in over the next 3 weeks, and production then kicked off (would that be: final production steps to match orders, on prebuilt, half finished cars, as surmised in this thread?). Delivery of the first few cars is expected after Dec. 28.
We'll have to take that with a grain of salt. That same department said next steps would be within the next two weeks 12 days ago. I emailed eMobility with earlier today and included a question about timing - we'll see what there comments may be.

·
ID.4 1st Dusk Blue
86 Posts
That's why I couched it in "according to VW Customer Care". He took a breath and either looked up the latest info, or what he's allowed to say. Read into this what you will.
I left the rep with the comment that it'd be sweet to book a tax refund in 2021 instead of 2022.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
233 Posts
I left the rep with the comment that it'd be sweet to book a tax refund in 2021 instead of 2022.
I'm really hoping so!

I emailed them a week ago. Have not heard back.
They replied very quickly the first time I messaged. Hope we aren't overloading them!

The combination of silence and conflicting messaging is making me nervous. Hope there aren't production issues!

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
[24 days ago!]
I just called VW with another question, and asked about the $400 email at the same time. Now, they are saying maybe in about 3 weeks as production ramps up.
Well, 24 days ago they told me 3 weeks to the $400 email (business days?), Last week they told me NY debut mid November (could be one ID.4).

OTOH, with these new reports of calls on config/color changes, at least someone there is thinking about production scheduling or allocations, seems promising anyway.

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I just received a call from VW Customer Care (no, not THE call). Scored my Dusk Blue 1st instead of Mythos Black 1st. One more bonus point for the customer care team, esp. Roger!

Dec. 29 to Dec. 31 is still December!

·
VW e-Golf & ID.4 Pro S
21 Posts
We’ll know things are imminently close when VW add the new ID.4 car app the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. It’ll either be a new app like in Europe “We Connect” or VW will add this to VW’s existing USA Car-Net app. Keep your eyes on the store :)

·
204 Posts
I’m thinking of going to a Pro S AWD instead of my 1st Edition. I’m going to be at almost 49k though with Gradient package. I’m not crazy about 200hp and the tires being different sizes. I think they should be the same with AWD? Also the heated windshield is nice and it should help with range. Then I’m worried about no heat pump option killing the range. I think I’ve read to much and I’m overthinking it? My wife just said to me why not just get the Model Y. I can’t give her a good answer. Any thoughts?

·
ID.4 1st Dusk Blue
86 Posts
At $49,000 the Model Y totally comes back into play. Then you have to figure whether the supercharger network and the more advanced tech outweighs the loss of the tax credit. Decisions, decisions...
Somehow I am glad Tesla didn't come out with a Model Y version at or below $45,000, which made the ID.4 1st a no-brainer for me.

·
67 Posts
My son has a friend that ordered a model Y and the build quality was so bad, they had to reject when they went to pick it up. The dealer agreed and ordered another for them and it worked out okay.

·
204 Posts
I agree, the 1st was a no-brainer at first. No pun intended. And your right it’s figuring out whether the $7500 is worth getting the Model Y. Well the good news is, I probably have a couple weeks to figure it out.

·
204 Posts
My son has a friend that ordered a model Y and the build quality was so bad, they had to reject when they went to pick it up. The dealer agreed and ordered another for them and it worked out okay.
What was specifically wrong, if you know?

·
204 Posts
I just spoke at length with VW. They really don’t know anything yet. I was told emails for 1st could come as late as the end of November. We can make changes up until confirmation and additional deposit. You would have to call or email them. The website does not allow changes at this time. As I said before, I’m thinking of going to the Pro S AWD? But it looks like I have plenty of time to make the decision.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts