Volkswagen ID Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
243 Posts
Got the email as well. Could be a sign they are confirming email addresses are still valid in preparation for next steps.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
243 Posts
Everyone that is getting these emails ... All 1st editions, I'm assuming?
Small sample size, but it seems like it. Everyone that has noted receiving the email on the two threads running has a 1st Edition reservation.

·
38 Posts
Small sample size, but it seems like it. Everyone that has noted receiving the email on the two threads running has a 1st Edition reservation.
A quick survey of the "reservation list" seems to correlate that as well.

·
210 Posts
It was funny, I was on the phone with VW for 20 minutes. I told them we are spending 45k on a car and everything is in the dark. They should be more transparent with the heat pump, etc.
As soon as I hung up I received the email. I thought I was the only one who had received it. Then once I saw all 1st reservations received it, I thought it was because of my phone call, haha! I quickly realized it was a coincidence and I’m not that important!
😂💯%

·
45 Posts
It was funny, I was on the phone with VW for 20 minutes. I told them we are spending 45k on a car and everything is in the dark. They should be more transparent with the heat pump, etc.
As soon as I hung up I received the email. I thought I was the only one who had received it. Then once I saw all 1st reservations received it, I thought it was because of my phone call, haha! I quickly realized it was a coincidence and I’m not that important!
😂💯%
I’m a 1st Ed reservation holder and I have not gotten this email yet. It may be because I’m not in a ZEV state.

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
I did not get the email (not in spam folder either), sent an email to them. If they are not going to honor the order of reservation, that might be last straw for me.

Here is my current thinking - Colors are very personal, but the white wheel, center console, and white accents are really not me. I can kind of live with it for the lower price, but that's a tough way to go into an expensive new car. Also, I think I prefer 19" wheels if they might provide a slightly nicer ride and slightly better range, and I do not need to be driving around 10 pounds of trailer hitch for years that I do not need.

So, that all moves me to Pro S, but then I pay more for less, which seemingly forfeits my early reservation "discount". Still time to decide, take the 1st, change to Pro S, cancel (or, just don't buy), and reevaluate which BEV to try next in my quest to find the right EV.

·
210 Posts
I’m feeling the same. I want AWD though. I’m also looking at Mach e and Model Y now. The more comparing I do I feel they are competing with them? Like you said we have time.

·
35 Posts
I received a $400 next step email for a 1st edition. as well. From a value point of view, you are saving on options with the 1st. Also, limited edition runs of anything tend to command a little more $ at resale. I’ve seen a few low milea 1st edition Golf Rs go for more than used retail. This car is as unique.

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
I just talked to customer service (I feel like there should be some expression here, but not sure what it is :) )

VW is going to honor the order in line, and our order in line is intact. The email that I did not receive yesterday was supposed to be "the" $400 email. They are working on it and will call back so I can pay the $400. (I am only cautiously optimistic on this one)

The my VW page will eventually show lots of detail, including possibly which ship our ID.4 is on.

The first 10,000 or so 1st will be delivered by the end of Q1 (March) [I think (?) U.S. is only getting about 2,600 of them], possibly beginning Dec. 28 (consistent with recent posts by @ChristophW). They think there might be 100 1st or less, if any, delivered that early.

If you change to anything else, including Pro S RWD, it will likely be delivered after March.

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #117 (Edited)
Could a few of you look more closely at your "Step-by-step guide from VW" email. There still seems to be some confusion. Is there anywhere near the bottom, something that says place your order? Are there any hot links to actually place the order (to make the $400 payment)?

·
ID.4 1st Dusk Blue
93 Posts
Could a few of you look more closely at your "Step-by-step guide from VW" email. There still seems to be some confusion. Is there anywhere near the bottom, something that says place your order? Are there any hot links to actually place the order (to make the $400 payment)?
I just looked over the HTML source. No such link to make a payment.
The links that are there: View in browser, social media links, unsubscribe, terms and conditions, privacy policy, and a mailto link for Customer Care.

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Many thanks. The representative indicated that an internal email has those links to actually place the order (to pay the $400). I told him that I do not think that is what VW sent out. He was aware that an email went out to all 1st at 3:30pm yesterday. I was able to correct to 3:28. I am skeptical that the $400 place your order emails have gone out to anyone yet.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts