Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
ID.4 1st Edition Glacier White
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I it has not come back. Waiting to see if tomorrow morning it is back. The following is a picture of the fuse. This time I also pulled F30, F46 along with F20. Wanted to hit all of the main components this could be. In the past I have done this and the next day it is back. We shall see tomorrow.

·
124 Posts
FWIW my 4g symbol was gone for a few days to a week or so. I just waited it out and it returned without any deliberate intervention.

Reactions: TPG

·
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It’s Monday, a few days after I pulled the fuse and nothing has come back. Beginning to think like bluedanibe mentioned above, it’s a waiting game and pulling the fuses never really helped in the past it was just coincidence. What makes this more infuriating, is that I pay the monthly for data and have an upcoming trip where it is needed for the kids so our personal hotspot data is not used up. If any VW engineers actually read this forum, HALP!!

·
ID.4 FE GW
497 Posts
It’s Monday, a few days after I pulled the fuse and nothing has come back. Beginning to think like bluedanibe mentioned above, it’s a waiting game and pulling the fuses never really helped in the past it was just coincidence. What makes this more infuriating, is that I pay the monthly for data and have an upcoming trip where it is needed for the kids so our personal hotspot data is not used up. If any VW engineers actually read this forum, HALP!!
Mine came back Sunday afternoon, about 40 hours after I pulled the F20 fuse. It was already down for about 37 hours before I pulled the fuse, so the recovery came about 3.2 days after the mobile network connection disappeared.

·
Pro S RWD
35 Posts
Mine came back Sunday afternoon, about 40 hours after I pulled the F20 fuse. It was already down for about 37 hours before I pulled the fuse, so the recovery came about 3.2 days after the mobile network connection disappeared.
Same thing happened to me, without pulling the fuse (though I did call and open a trouble ticket with Car.Net support, since it was the second time this has happened). It then went out again this morning. I was going to call them again, though they admitted they don't know if ... whatever they do on their end actually resolves the problem or if it simply comes back on its own.

The rep did say they've been having this problem come up a lot and that they're supposed to push out a software update on their end this week that they hope will resolve it permanently. Didn't sound like that was the same as the OTA update for the car that's been discussed, but I guess we'll see.

·
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Mine did come back today. It was out since the 9th in the AM. It occurred to me that on vehicles in the EU they have a menu item to allow them to offline and online the modem, but in the US, no such thing. Oh well. It was just in time for a 300 miler today. Kids were happy to have data back.

·
4 Posts
I just took delivery of my Pro S last week. I love the car so far but I have the same issue. I noticed that Car Net stopped updating after about 3 days. I then noticed that the indicator for 4G LTE disappeared on the infotainment screen. Is it the consensus that pulling the F20 fuse actually works or just a coincidence that LTE comes back online?

·
ID.4 FE GW
497 Posts
I just took delivery of my Pro S last week. I love the car so far but I have the same issue. I noticed that Car Net stopped updating after about 3 days. I then noticed that the indicator for 4G LTE disappeared on the infotainment screen. Is it the consensus that pulling the F20 fuse actually works or just a coincidence that LTE comes back online?
Mine came back but it took nearly 2 days after I pulled the fuse.
It might be more useful to call Car-Net SUpport and ask them to reset your cell radio: 833-648-2735

·
4 Posts
Mine came back but it took nearly 2 days after I pulled the fuse.
It might be more useful to call Car-Net SUpport and ask them to reset your cell radio: 833-648-2735
I pulled the F20 fuse for 10 minutes early this afternoon. Driving the car at around 5PM I noticed that 4G was back. I was able to connect to my ID.4 with Car-Net.
Thanks for the advice!

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
294 Posts
Anyone else having trouble with missing 4G symbol and no Carnet? It happened before to me, I called Carnet, it was fixed a couple days later. I doubt they actually did anything because if the car thinks it's off, then it would be unreachable by Carnet. I may just yank the fuse.

·
ID.4 FE GW
497 Posts
Anyone else having trouble with missing 4G symbol and no Carnet? It happened before to me, I called Carnet, it was fixed a couple days later. I doubt they actually did anything because if the car thinks it's off, then it would be unreachable by Carnet. I may just yank the fuse.
See my post #40 above. I called Car-Net AND yanked the F20 fuse (no others), and it still took nearly 2 days to come back. Seems pretty random to me.

·
2021 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD, Blue
11 Posts
I noticed the missing 4G symbol today. I was also unable to connect to my car through the Car-Net app or get internet connectivity through the car’s hotspot. (Yes, I have an active hotspot plan.)

Car-Net support opened a ticket and told me to expect a response in five to ten business days. I’ll update as the situation changes.

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
294 Posts
Without calling carnet or yanking a fuse, suddenly carnet is working and the 4G symbol is back. No rhyme or reason. o_O

·
11 Posts
Got in this morning, and the 4G symbol and Car-Net are back. I took no action on my own and haven’t heard from Customer Care yet. ¯\(ツ)

·
Pro S RWD
35 Posts
Have any of you noticed that this disappearing 4G/CarNet thing happens after a charging fault? I think, but can't be sure, that every time it's happened to me, it's been the day after some sort of problem with charging (usually caused by the plug not being seated exactly right in the car when the session starts).

Could be just a coincidence, and I could be wrong also about how often it's been correlated. I don't want to purposely cause a charging fault to test it out, because I'm enjoying having the (limited) CarNet functionality, but thought I'd survey others who've had this problem. It does seem to resolve itself after three to five days each time, with or without any intervention by CarNet support or fuse-pulling by me.

·
11 Posts
I don’t recall having a charging fault when the 4G service disappeared, but I did happen to charge the night before the 4G service reappeared.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts