Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ID.4 1st Edition Blue (4/20/2021) & Pro/S (8/20/21)
484 Posts
Totally agreed even though I am 20K miles behind you on my 1st and many more behind on my Pro/S…. But, I second that! 😎

Reactions: FernandoDeFaria

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OOC how many times have you had to buy tires?
I live in Arizona. I experienced 2 damaged tires. So I replaced 3 times the rear set and one the front. I recommend that you buy the Yokohama. Exact same size tire or computer won’t work. The Bridgestones are very soft. Also after been waiting for a tow truck for a couple times I purchased a spare tire kit at the dealer for $650 bucks.

·
1,454 Posts
If you change, your dash will have so many warning lights that drive you crazy 🤓
Hmm...I believe you've been misled by the salesman where you bought the new tires. There are members in the forum who switched to square 18" tires from the OE staggered tires set up. They have no problems whatsoever with the new tires set up.

·
1,454 Posts
A tire salesman/woman's job is to sell and make a profit for the co. and get a commission from the monthly sales.

A set of staggered tires will cost more than non-staggered ones. Initially, it'll cost more to switch to a set of square set-up tires and wheels. But, it'll be cheaper when the times come to replace the tires.

·
20 Posts
I am not sure. According to VW dealer it is because the diameter wasn’t in to the spec’s. I am going to challenge my consultant for more details and I will let you know. I want to install same sizes on all four wheels. Mine is the single engine.
somewhere in every tire's spec there is the rpm of the tire, find out what the original tires' spec was and match that & one should have no issues regardless of manufacturer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts