Volkswagen ID Forum banner
681 - 700 of 955 Posts

·
MY 22 ID4 Pro S AWD Glacier White, Reserve: 12/02/2021, Lock: 7/13/2022, 10: 8/22/2022
11 Posts
No one's been able to figure out the production-scheduling process yet, though the speculation runs neck deep.
I ordered my AWD Pro in October 21 and locked on April 22. In between, of course, were the ups and downs of the Covid crisis and the growing worldwide shortage of computer chips and raw materials, and the plant shutdowns and the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which for a while took offline the major supplier of ID.4 wiring harnesses. Couple that with escalating demand for EVs as energy prices rose, and now the curve-ball muddle of the will-they/won't-they EV tax credits and the general corporate befuddlement of VW in general and VWofA in particular . . . And it all sounds like a third-rate script for a fourth-rate Netflix series.
My 2022 is at 20-1 since 9/11 and is expected on our shores in maybe late December. The 2023 ordered 8/4 is yet to lock, but I expect it to lock sometime this autumn, given Chattanooga's production capacity, and have a better than even chance of seeing it before March, if Carnac is reading the tea leaves correctly..
It's tempting to get angry at the delay, until you stop to wonder just who we're meant to be angry at. The delusional anti-masker/anti-vaxxers who aided and abetted the spread of covid? The spiteful little old Russian dude who read too much about Peter the Great and not enough Tolstoy? The placid occupants of the VW C-suite who thought software was, like, easy and stuff? The corporate communicators who know that to be concise is to be found out and accountable, and thus say nothing at all?
Well, maybe that last bunch, a bit. But the cars will come when the car do come, and there's nothing any of us can do to change that.
Except speculate, of course. Seen as recreation, it's diverting. Seen as effectuating change, it's futile.
Thanks for the sympathy MB99 and I agree the absence of clear communications is the hardest piece to excuse Ahab.
I have a working EV (2015 Kia Soul) and I have a solid second car (2016 subaru outback) and I don't have an expiring lease situation. If I had an expiring lease, I would probably be less patient, and if I were counting on the tax credit to make a lease work, I would be really frustrated. Neither of those apply to me, and I actually prefer the MY 22 slightly over the MY 23, so I will just wait and hope for sooner rather than later.

·
2022 ID4 Pro S RWD Moonstone Gray
78 Posts
Its here

Attachments

·
5 Posts
Unfortunately I have a 2013 Outback whose cat is about to crap out, burns through a quart of oil every 1,000 miles, and makes a weird clunking when turning hard to the left. I can get a good trade-in now but I'm worried I'll have to make a big investment to keep her going by mid Q1 2013 if that's when my ID4 delivers. I know there's a ton of uncertainty and lots is out of the hands of the Volkswagen folks, but we built a lot of our financial plans on the faith of the dealer and VW corporate back in March when we placed the order that we'd have it by late summer, mid-fall at the latest.

Again, hard to blame anyone in particular, but I have to admit I get really frustrated to see VW putting new EV models into production when they're so insanely behind production for customers who have already ordered ID4s 6+ months ago...

·
2022 Pro S AWD with Gradient
94 Posts
Unfortunately I have a 2013 Outback whose cat is about to crap out, burns through a quart of oil every 1,000 miles, and makes a weird clunking when turning hard to the left. I can get a good trade-in now but I'm worried I'll have to make a big investment to keep her going by mid Q1 2013 if that's when my ID4 delivers. I know there's a ton of uncertainty and lots is out of the hands of the Volkswagen folks, but we built a lot of our financial plans on the faith of the dealer and VW corporate back in March when we placed the order that we'd have it by late summer, mid-fall at the latest.

Again, hard to blame anyone in particular, but I have to admit I get really frustrated to see VW putting new EV models into production when they're so insanely behind production for customers who have already ordered ID4s 6+ months ago...
I'm in a similar state. I have a 2012 Honda Odyssey that just hit 187,000 miles and has an original transmission in it. I spend $3,000 on it so far this year in repairs and don't want to spend any more money on it. It is incredibly frustrating.

·
95 Posts
Think there are a bunch of us here in the same boat.

Ordered in January because I knew that my car (130k miles) was going to start needing a bunch of large maintenance repairs and also knew I would need a new car (something larger than my tiny sedan) in the next couple years for lifestyle change reasons and figured put that repair money towards a car payment instead.

Since then I've had $3k in car repairs and am dreading that my clutch will need to be replaced before my ID.4 shows up.

Reactions: VADriver

·
MY 22 ID4 Pro S AWD Glacier White, Reserve: 12/02/2021, Lock: 7/13/2022, 10: 8/22/2022
11 Posts
Think there are a bunch of us here in the same boat.

Ordered in January because I knew that my car (130k miles) was going to start needing a bunch of large maintenance repairs and also knew I would need a new car (something larger than my tiny sedan) in the next couple years for lifestyle change reasons and figured put that repair money towards a car payment instead.

Since then I've had $3k in car repairs and am dreading that my clutch will need to be replaced before my ID.4 shows up.
I hope you all get good news soon, it sucks you are having to spend on your old cars as you wait.
I also hope Ukraine keeps kicking Russia's butt.
Saw a new AWD Pro S at the local EA charging station yesterday, looked awesome.
No good news for me today, still stuck at 10 as I have been for about six weeks now.

·
5 Posts
Funny side story, one of the other local hockey families who had reserved an ID4 later than me (May), rolled up to practice a few weeks ago in a brand new ID4. Said they got a call from from their dealer one afternoon that 3 unscheduled ID4s showed up on the lot with no attached reservations, and to get down there ASAP. They flew over there and got the white 2022 AWD Pro S (there was also a grey and blue one) for MSRP. All three were sold within a few hours!

·
12 Posts
Ordered in early March 2022, locked on 7/13 for an AWD Pro. Still showing order status 03 delivery between Oct 1 and Nov 1. Really hoping this gets converted to a 2023 for delivery before the end of the year. CA dealerships wouldn't do any binding contracts, so would like to be able to get a tax credit.

·
583 Posts
Ordered in early March 2022, locked on 7/13 for an AWD Pro. Still showing order status 03 delivery between Oct 1 and Nov 1. Really hoping this gets converted to a 2023 for delivery before the end of the year. CA dealerships wouldn't do any binding contracts, so would like to be able to get a tax credit.
VW customer service is saying anything locked before 8/4 (I think) isn’t being converted. They may change their mind, but that’s what a few people in here have been told.

·
86 Posts
I have a 2005 Touareg that needs repairs on the air suspension (leaking) and rear hatch (won't open), plus a few other things. Probably $8-10k in repairs. No way I'm doing that. But we get 200-300 inches of snow a year and my other car, a Jetta, won't cut it this winter. My January order, locked on 7/13 is stuck at 03. The good news is my August order, locked 9/20, is at 20-2 and I have the VIN. So in my case, there's a chance I'll get it before year end.

Reactions: desertwind

·
30 Posts
UPDATE: My MY22 RWD Pro S reservation is still at 03–Locked, and Estimated Delivery is still 2022-10-01 through 2022-11-01.

However, my MY23 AWD Pro S reservation just changed to 05-Order Created with an ED of 2023-01-01 through 2023-06-01. Nice six month cushion they gave themselves there, but at least it'll be delivered in tax credit territory.

What a time to be alive.

·
2022 Pro S AWD with Gradient
94 Posts
I am a 7/13 lock that was just notified I have been changed to 2023. I have changed my order and am still showing an estimated delivery of Oct/Nov 2022. Anyone else get this message?

Since I had a 2022 reservation locked "03" in July and a 2023 reservation placed 8/5 but not locked now I have two 2023 reservations for the exact same car, lol.

ProS AWS Pure Grey with Black interior.

·
95 Posts
I am a 7/13 lock that was just notified I have been changed to 2023. I have changed my order and am still showing an estimated delivery of Oct/Nov 2022. Anyone else get this message?

Since I had a 2022 reservation locked "03" in July and a 2023 reservation placed 8/5 but not locked now I have two 2023 reservations for the exact same car, lol.

Maybe this is why some of the 2023 05s got their delivery dates switched to later in I'm 2023.

·
2,161 Posts

Did they keep your MSRP from your 2022?

681 - 700 of 955 Posts