Volkswagen ID Forum banner
141 - 160 of 197 Posts

·
21 Posts
well, i guess it's a good thing i didn't cancel my Tesla Model Y order, as that should still qualify for the tax rebate. Model Y estimated delivery between November and January. my ID.4 is estimated between October and November. if it doesn't qualify I guess i'll just not take delivery on it and wait for the Tesla
Think Teslas wouldn't qualify until next year.

This bill is a double whammy - benefits removed if vehicle not constructed in North America immediately upon signing. But not added for cars over 200k cap until bill goes into effect as normal on Jan 1st 2023.

·
6 Posts
Think Teslas wouldn't qualify until next year.

This bill is a double whammy - benefits removed if vehicle not constructed in North America immediately upon signing. But not added for cars over 200k cap until bill goes into effect as normal on Jan 1st 2023.
well shit, timing might not work out then. i actually just checked and the time frame was moved a bit earlier for the tesla as well, now showing october - december, so looks like i may not be able to push it into 2023

·
674 Posts
Would you guys consider another ev instead of ID4 if bill passes. Like ioniq 5 ev 6 or Tesla?
No, I would likely decline the MY 2022 and order a MY 2023.

Dave

·
45 Posts
Like others have said - only Teslas would possibly qualify out of that list - and Teslas are too expensive. Honestly I'd probably try to get one of the Bolts. They'll be even more of a steal after they start getting Tax Credit on top of the current cheap price. But... I don't know. I might just sit with my ICE's until one of them dies and look at the landscape then. Could be a lot more options to chose from by then.
The funny thing about reinstating the Tesla credit is that they have gone up so much, only one, only the cheapest model three and one or two of the "y's" would qualify according to the limits listed in the bill.

·
ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
161 Posts
Don't think Tesla is betting on this piece of law to increase sales... I also think the income limitation will not help Tesla. Personally, I wouldn't spend 30-50% of my annual income on car; if anything, I would look at optimizing the amount of money I put in an asset that normally depreciates quite fast.

·
2022 ID4 Pro S RWD Moonstone Gray
26 Posts
Looks like '22 from Germany it is. Not sure if I am happy or sad. Glad I still have a cheaper price point and Moonstone Gray. Jelly on the faster charging.

·
161 Posts
Looks like '22 from Germany it is. Not sure if I am happy or sad. Glad I still have a cheaper price point and Moonstone Gray. Jelly on the faster charging.
Curious on what makes you think that?
I’m only locked as well. With German factories (the only ones still producing MY22s) on vacation until Aug 12 and then switching to MY23s on Aug 29, I don’t think MY22s will be an option. Unless all outstanding orders get built in the next 3 weeks 🙄

·
609 Posts
Curious on what makes you think that?
I’m only locked as well. With German factories (the only ones still producing MY22s) on vacation until Aug 12 and then switching to MY23s on Aug 29, I don’t think MY22s will be an option. Unless all outstanding orders get built in the next 3 weeks 🙄

I keep hearing any locked orders like ours can't be moved to 2023's. Its a mess Germany on vacation while customers locked for months wating and now VW getting ready to ship 23's. Can they still ship 23's while 22's are coming from Germany?

·
26 Posts
Yeah not sure. Dev tools still show Oct/Nov delivery for my '22 order. Interesting to see the delivery dates of the locked/converted '23s.

·
161 Posts
I guess they can...but, where are those MY22s physically going to come from (see below from Europe)???
VW hasn't produced our cars, and they haven't even start planning to produce them at this point. So all happening in 3 weeks?! Well, I guess anything is possible in the last 3 years but I wouldn't place my bet on German MY22s or 23s. Rather, I expect a follow up from VWoA in the next 2 weeks to relock the configuration we already did lock. Let's see if there's any incentive offered given the price increase, though, again, due to inflation and huge no of orders, I doubt they will ofer any compensation. Maybe a mug?! :p

The MY will switch to MY23 on week 35 in Europe. All cars with expected production after that have shown MY23 for a month or so here.

That said, with the exception of the GTX models, the changes with the MY have not been released (at least I can't find 'em). GTXs (our AWD) get new interior, black mirrors and badges (instead of the metallic ones), black rims as an option, a few accessories will become standard (and the price will hike correspondingly). Source. But nothing (yet) on the RWDs. Also, the new non-GTX AWD doesn't seem to be up for order either.

What is not 100 % clear yet is what significance does the step "planning phase" our dealers here can see; it's about a month before the actual production.

·
11 Posts
Ask yourself a basic question. What happens to 2023 cars built in TN plant from late July through the end of the year? There's no way that VW is going to sit on these cars and not deliver them until Jan. 2023. That would be a massive hit to cash flow, and their accountants' heads would explode.

·
26 Posts
Just saying. Not sure.
I received my 2012 Mini Countryman in Dec of 2011. All manufacturers have the new year models at end of the year. Just sucks ‘22 model was held up because of supply chains and war

141 - 160 of 197 Posts