Volkswagen ID Forum banner
161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
212 Posts
Looks like '22 from Germany it is. Not sure if I am happy or sad. Glad I still have a cheaper price point and Moonstone Gray. Jelly on the faster charging.
This may be true actually. I have a locked '22 order (from 4/11) and when I signed in today it looks the same. But I added a second order 10 days ago (not locked MY22). For that order it asked me to change the config to a MY23, which I did just now. Must say some of the extra features in the MY23 are pulling me that way.

·
4 Posts
I reserved my ID.4 Pro S AWD in Sept 21 and just locked on July 13. Got impatient in March and bought an EV6 Wind AWD at mrsp and changed my ID.4 order to a moonstone gray Pro AWD instead. I am thinking that TN does not have the parts to build MY22. Their builds look to have different wheels and a different center console as shown. Hope to get mine before the year's over. I don't really care if I get the MY22 or tje MY23. However, it would be weird if MY23 cars are out on the streets before the last of the '22s are delivered.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Speedometer Gear shift

·
380 Posts
I reserved my ID.4 Pro S AWD in Sept 21 and just locked on July 13. Got impatient in March and bought an EV6 Wind AWD at mrsp and changed my ID.4 order to a moonstone gray Pro AWD instead. I am thinking that TN does not have the parts to build MY22. Their builds look to have different wheels and a different center console as shown. Hope to get mine before the year's over. I don't really care if I get the MY22 or tje MY23. However, it would be weird if MY23 cars are out on the streets before the last of the '22s are delivered. View attachment 13851
TN is confirmed to only be building 23s, no 22s.

·
86 Posts
This may be true actually. I have a locked '22 order (from 4/11) and when I signed in today it looks the same. But I added a second order 10 days ago (not locked MY22). For that order it asked me to change the config to a MY23, which I did just now. Must say some of the extra features in the MY23 are pulling me that way.
Me 2 I was kinda mad of the extra 2k but with 360 camera and better sound system to me is enough to get the 2023. I will miss the moonstone gray.

·
22 Posts
Ask yourself a basic question. What happens to 2023 cars built in TN plant from late July through the end of the year? There's no way that VW is going to sit on these cars and not deliver them until Jan. 2023. That would be a massive hit to cash flow, and their accountants' heads would explode.
A couple thousand will likely never be sold. Most early production vehicles will be used for testing or simply recycled. Here's an article on Tesla in Berlin https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/te...sell-giga-berlin-pre-production-model-y-cars/

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
All the orders locked with MY 22 will be from Germany, expected to be here in the US in last quarter of 22.
The ones reserved FY 22 model and not locked are getting changed to US, TN built MY23.

·
2019 e-golf, 2022/23 ID.4 Pro S AWD on order / reserved 1.9.22, locked with the 4.11 club
7 Posts
looks like I'm going to be canceling my MY22 then.
Just chatted with VW customer service, and asked to change to a 2023 model. They said no, you have to cancel your locked 2022 reservation, that has not been built yet, and make a new reservation. I guess the only benefit is a lower purchase price and brown door inserts!

·
86 Posts
Just chatted with VW customer service, and asked to change to a 2023 model. They said no, you have to cancel your locked 2022 reservation, that has not been built yet, and make a new reservation. I guess the only benefit is a lower purchase price and brown door inserts!
Well looks like VW is gonna have to send a bunch of MY 2022 back to Germany. Lol

·
ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
161 Posts
Would recommend you wait for couple of weeks until VW communicates what will happen with locked orders not produced. In the absence of clear comms, everyone assumes… including VW customer service ;)

Reactions: Manybees

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Would recommend you wait for couple of weeks until VW communicates what will happen with locked orders not produced. In the absence of clear comms, everyone assumes… including VW customer service ;)
It hasn't been manufactured yet but unfortunately our locked order is going to be MY22 imported from Germany. Otherwise would have received the communication of moving to MY23 already because those who qualified got notified already. And since pricing is different from 22 to 23 and orders are locked, move is not going to happen.

·
ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
161 Posts
I hear you, and unless you have this info from a VW source it’s still only an assumption.

On different threads, folks in Europe confirmed that European factories are changing to MY23 on week 35. That is Aug 29. I don’t think a factory will produce 2 MYs at the same time. I’m locked since 411 and checked with dealer. There’s no commission number yet, no production date. Hence, the assumption that locked orders will be produced in Germany is just an assumption for next 3 weeks ;)

In addition, it goes without saying that VW is not great at customer comms based on last year trend. And last, there were locked folks last year whom were migrated to MY22 and got a voucher to compensate for some of the price increase. Not saying this will happen again. And, apparently locked folks in Europe already got moved to MY23.

Now, I don’t know for a fact this is gonna happen as I’m just putting together bits on info from this forum since VW is silent.

That said, would feel bad for folks who waited 4-6-12 months and cancel their order now to order an MY23 just to find out that previous locked orders were converted and prioritized in the next weeks. All I’m saying is wait 2-3 more weeks and then we will have the facts. And hopefully some clear comms from VW :)

·
609 Posts
All the orders locked with MY 22 will be from Germany, expected to be here in the US in last quarter of 22.
The ones reserved FY 22 model and not locked are getting changed to US, TN built MY23.
This is great to here!!!! So exciting if this true.🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

·
39 Posts
Canadian VW tonight site shows all 2021 and 2022 ID4's have been sold and quit taking preorders. VW states they would update the site when Canadians can order the 2023 model year.

Wheel Land vehicle Car Tire Vehicle

·
4 Posts
I added a MY23 pro awd order in silver. I did not like the new darker gray. It is suggesting a Q4 delivery. I have a feeling that I will get this one before my 7/13 locked MY22. Let’s hope that the new legislation will not mock up my state and federal tax incentives. I live in NY and the max rebate is capped at an msrp of $42000.

161 - 180 of 197 Posts