Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was super excited to put an application in for the Pennsylvania Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebate Program to get $750 but it says that the final purchase price has to be $50,000 or less in order to qualify. We have so few incentives in PA, so this is a bummer.

UPDATE: Thanks to @Neil I see that it is eligible! So if you applied for the rebate, how did the process go?

·
2021 VW ID.4 FE
98 Posts
I was super excited to put an application in for the Pennsylvania Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebate Program to get $750 but it says that the final purchase price has to be $50,000 or less in order to qualify. We have so few incentives in PA, so this is a bummer.

I'm really surprised that you're FE was over $50, as defined by this rebate program. You do know that "This price does not include taxes or other fees such as destination charge"?
$43,905-44,600, depending on if PA excludes the dealer's "processing fee".

How did you manage to spend over $5k more than I did for a FE?

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm really surprised that you're FE was over $50, as defined by this rebate program. You do know that "This price does not include taxes or other fees such as destination charge"?
$43,905-44,600, depending on if PA excludes the dealer's "processing fee".

How did you manage to spend over $5k more than I did for a FE?
I didn't get the FE, I bought a Pro S from the dealership pretty much at MSRP. But you know what, I did NOT catch that definition for the final purchase price which states: "Final Purchase Price – The price a buyer pays the dealer for a new, pre-owned, or demonstration alternative fuel vehicle including all option packages, not including trade-in value. This price does not include taxes or other fees such as destination charge." so thanks for pointing that out!! (Phew!)

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
295 Posts
What part of the process was painful? I can imagine that it could take a few months to get approved.
The process was just convoluted to me. You start here:

To actually apply you need to register for this separate Keystone Login site:

Then you have to pick from a list of different programs. Fill out several forms, upload several forms. I was unsure whether what I was doing was correct and it turned out it wasn't:

·
407 Posts
The state of Arkansas offers no incentives for EV purchases. It actually charges EV owners 200 more a year to drive an EV. The state is a money monger. It has fees for everything. They have sales tax, personal property tax, real estate tax and income tax! Yet, many here make less than $10 an hour.

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
107 Posts
What part of the process was painful? I can imagine that it could take a few months to get approved.
The application is "universal" and the same that would be used to apply for state grants. It leads to things like text boxes being autofilled with: "This area does not need completed. Instead, any information should be entered and uploaded on the addenda tab of this application." and some oddities in terminology.

Approval took about 10 days, and check takes 4-6 weeks to arrive.

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The state of Arkansas offers no incentives for EV purchases. It actually charges EV owners 200 more a year to drive an EV. The state is a money monger. It has fees for everything. They have sales tax, personal property tax, real estate tax and income tax! Yet, many here make less than $10 an hour.
Mississippi has no EV incentives and charges an extra $150 tax to cover missing fuel taxes.
Ugh, that sucks! I do worry that PA might go in that direction by adding some sort of annual fee for EV's, I think they were trying to get something passed last year. When I bought the ID4 I was surprised to see there was a "PA tire tax" so I see what you mean!

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Ugh, that sucks! I do worry that PA might go in that direction by adding some sort of annual fee for EV's, I think they were trying to get something passed last year. When I bought the ID4 I was surprised to see there was a "PA tire tax" so I see what you mean!
Did you notice we got charged $1 for each of FIVE tires? I want my $1 back! :)

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The process was just convoluted to me. You start here:

To actually apply you need to register for this separate Keystone Login site:

Then you have to pick from a list of different programs. Fill out several forms, upload several forms. I was unsure whether what I was doing was correct and it turned out it wasn't:

I see what you mean by it being convoluted...it took me forever just to create a new registration name! I just need to scan all my docs (when will car dealerships do everything electronically??) so I can upload them in.

The application is "universal" and the same that would be used to apply for state grants. It leads to things like text boxes being autofilled with: "This area does not need completed. Instead, any information should be entered and uploaded on the addenda tab of this application." and some oddities in terminology.

Approval took about 10 days, and check takes 4-6 weeks to arrive.
That's a pretty quick turnaround, good to know, thank you!

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got my PA rebate approved about a month ago, the process is indeed convoluted. Just waiting on the check!
Did you still have a temporary registration permit when you put in your application or did you wait to get your official registration?

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
107 Posts
I waited for my registration, but they will accept an MV-1.

A copy of a valid Pennsylvania vehicle registration. The name appearing on the vehicle registration card must appear on the invoice. A Pennsylvania Certificate of Title for a Vehicle is not acceptable. A temporary Pennsylvania registration (PennDOT Form MV-1) is acceptable.
You'll also need to fill out the last page of the guidelines: http://www.depgreenport.state.pa.us...FUEL VEHICLE REBATE PROGRAM GUIDANCE 2020.PDF

·
ID.4 FE Blue
138 Posts
I have my PA $750 check. Process was somewhat convoluted but worth it 😀 Bad thing is this needs to be taxed as income…

·
1 Posts
I got super excited about this and found the form. Turns out your car has to have 500 miles or fewer! I bought the dealer model of the 1st Edition a few weeks ago, but because it was the dealer model it had a few more miles on it. So frustrating!

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I got super excited about this and found the form. Turns out your car has to have 500 miles or fewer! I bought the dealer model of the 1st Edition a few weeks ago, but because it was the dealer model it had a few more miles on it. So frustrating!
You may still be eligible:

"Demonstration vehicles:
-From a registered dealer
-Final purchase price of $50,000 or less
-Odometer reading: Over 500 and less than 10,000 miles "

1 - 20 of 20 Posts