Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

That makes sense based on watching the videos. It looks like the lag happens when swiping back and forth to the page that has the navigation widget.

With that said, it is not a realistic use case to be flipping back and forth between pages as seen in many test videos. The widget page seems to have all the functionality needed for most situations: navigation, media, phone and driving stats. Plus there is a customizable pulldown list from the widget page. The other pages seem to have mostly settings that are set once and done.

Should the lag be addressed by VW? Yes. Should it be a major deciding factor for owning the ID.4? I would say not.

Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
As far as I can tell, the lag has been addressed with the latest software update (2.1).

ID.4 1st Edition
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It鈥檚 not clear that it has. The car in the review above clearly showed lag when switching screens. Could be his car wasn鈥檛 upgraded yet, but I would be surprised if that were the case.

Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
As far as I know, none of the demo cars had the software update (they were all reviewed before the software update was released).

As far as I know, none of the demo cars had the software update (they were all reviewed before the software update was released).
I should have checked software version but I reviewed this car just 4 days ago (I had it from Friday - Tuesday) and it wasn鈥檛 asking for a software update everywhere. Although it still may have to go to dealers for updates now.
Kyle

ID.4 1st Edition
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should have checked software version but I reviewed this car just 4 days ago (I had it from Friday - Tuesday) and it wasn鈥檛 asking for a software update everywhere. Although it still may have to go to dealers for updates now.
Kyle
Nonetheless, it was an awesome review. Very thorough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts