Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had at least one problem every one of the 5 days that we've owned this PoC.

I have to spend my evenings checking the Car-Net app, and/or going down to the garage to make sure the car is charging.

Just venting. . .

·
2021 ID.4 First Edition (Dusk Blue)
194 Posts

Did you see this thread, he was having a similar issue.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Did you see this thread, he was having a similar issue.
I'm reading through it now. Thanks.

·
24 Posts
I was experiencing this issue before. Make sure that your cable is properly inserted into the port. If it happens again, just disconnect it and reconnect it a few times.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was experiencing this issue before. Make sure that your cable is properly inserted into the port. If it happens again, just disconnect it and reconnect it a few times.
Is it too much to expect it to work right the first time?

·
109 Posts
If this keeps happening, might be worth a trip to the dealer to try to replicate it for them. The lock-pin solenoid doesn't tend to magically fix itself. It will probably get worse before it gets better, unless it was a one-time fluke.

·
Blue ID.4 1st Edition
127 Posts
What I have found helpful is to glance inside at the infotainment screen after I plug in at home. For my charger, if the displayed charging speed is ~20mph or greater it means everything is working. If it's more like 11mph, then I unplug and plug back in to make sure the connection is good, and that seems to fix it.

Reactions: thatbrian

·
24 Posts
What I have found helpful is to glance inside at the infotainment screen after I plug in at home. For my charger, if the displayed charging speed is ~20mph or greater it means everything is working. If it's more like 11mph, then I unplug and plug back in to make sure the connection is good, and that seems to fix it.
Also, if your EVSE has a display, then you can possibly look at that as well. If mine is showing 38-39.9 amps, then I know that it's charging properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts