Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a thread to see what comes up and what people would like when it comes to accessories and possible aftermarket products and solutions for their ID 4. For example I wouldn’t be surprised if Volkswagen or an aftermarket company is not creating a divider for the front under hood space so that way it will take it vantage of all those little pockets so things can be saved and stored.

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another idea for me that I would like is something that adheres to the door armrest that make them soft touch. I was able to see the car physically and be able to sit in it and play with the system. the only thing that came up disappointing to me was each door armrest. That light gray plastic felt very cheap to me.

·
ID.4 1st blue
126 Posts
Another idea for me that I would like is something that adheres to the door armrest that make them soft touch. I was able to see the car physically and be able to sit in it and play with the system. the only thing that came up disappointing to me was each door armrest. That light gray plastic felt very cheap to me.
The grey part where you rest your arm is soft or at least softer than the harder plastic on the upper door and the dash. FWIW. And the inside adjustable arm rest is fantastic. I was very comfortable driving 100 miles today.

·
ID.4 1st blue
126 Posts
I talked to my dealer about the fancy homelink mirror and they quoted me $260 for the part (some kind of discount applied) but then four (!) hours of labor to install. Even the sales people thought that was nuts. Over $600 installed is crazy.

·
1,173 Posts
I talked to my dealer about the fancy homelink mirror and they quoted me $260 for the part (some kind of discount applied) but then four (!) hours of labor to install. Even the sales people thought that was nuts. Over $600 installed is crazy.
The fine print on the dealer installed homelink mirror
  • Can be used to replace the existing Factory Auto-Dimming Mirror
  • Can be installed on vehicles with HomeLink®. This would duplicate the functionality already in the vehicle's visor.
  • Not compatible on vehicles with Rain Sensors or Front Assist Camera (QK1).

·
ID.4 Pro S RWD
224 Posts
  • Not compatible on vehicles with Rain Sensors or Front Assist Camera (QK1).
Volkswagen has something like 8 different versions of the HomeLink mirror. That disclaimer is for a different version. According to the VW parts site, the proper part number for the ID.4 mirror is 000072548L:

·
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21 sold 6/4/22
536 Posts
The trick will be finding a place in the U.S. that even stocks the thing.
OK, I haven't really investigated this much but I put my VIN into Partslink24 (a handy site showing part numbers, you need a subscription though) and it shows my car has:

11A 853 600 A AWA 853-000 VW sign
Pure white/black front
Illuminated PR:AV2,AV4+
UD2,UD3 220,00 €

Is it possible that our badges are actually illuminated but not turned on? I see two connectors behind the badge, presumably for radar and laser sensors?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
2,003 Posts
OK, I haven't really investigated this much but I put my VIN into Partslink24 (a handy site showing part numbers, you need a subscription though) and it shows my car has:

Pure white/black front
UD2,UD3 220,00 €

Is it possible that our badges are actually illuminated but not turned on? I see two connectors behind the badge, presumably for radar and laser sensors?
We don't really know as of yet. When the Pro with "Statement" starts arriving, we can plug in the VIN and see if there is a different part number.

I think you are right that there are sensors built into the thing - explains why it is so expensive.

·
Premium Member
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
502 Posts

Pure white/black front
UD2,UD3 220,00 €

I thought I saw in a diagram somewhere that the radar was behind the trim below logo, but can't seem to find it. I am probably going to do a lot or erWin downloading this afternoon and will try to find out

And i think the backlit Mercedes logo is about $400, so 220euro is about what I would expect. Overpriced but expected.....

·
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21 sold 6/4/22
536 Posts
I thought I saw in a diagram somewhere that the radar was behind the trim below logo, but can't seem to find it. I am probably going to do a lot or erWin downloading this afternoon and will try to find out

And i think the backlit Mercedes logo is about $400, so 220euro is about what I would expect. Overpriced but expected.....
I think you're right. I just removed the VW badge (easy to access the clips from behind to squeeze and push the badge forward and out:

Sadly, but unexpectedly, it's opaque and has no connectors for lighting: 11A853601AAWA - Vw sign. Group - Genuine Volkswagen Part

I suspect that in the lighted version, the white part is translucent and has LEDs on the backside to distribute the light. Behind the badge are the connections for the lighted "grille" halves:

·
Proud FE owner
1,197 Posts
I think you're right. I just removed the VW badge (easy to access the clips from behind to squeeze and push the badge forward and out:

View attachment 2011

Sadly, but unexpectedly, it's opaque and has no connectors for lighting: 11A853601AAWA - Vw sign. Group - Genuine Volkswagen Part

I suspect that in the lighted version, the white part is translucent and has LEDs on the backside to distribute the light. Behind the badge are the connections for the lighted "grille" halves:

View attachment 2012
I wrote VW eMobility twice about the logo on the Ist Edition. The story was the wiring wasn't available when the fist units were produced, so it didn't become the spec.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
2,003 Posts
I wrote VW eMobility twice about the logo on the Ist Edition. The story was the wiring wasn't available when the fist units were produced, so it didn't become the spec.
I suspect someone will need to come up with a kit that includes a wiring dongle for power. It will be easier once they start delivery of the Pro cars.

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
4,289 Posts
The trick will be finding a place in the U.S. that even stocks the thing.
I've used a site called Europrice.us to buy euro-spec tail lights for an Audi. I'm guessing somebody like this will happily import them if there's a problem getting them domestically at the VW parts counter.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.