Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 Pro, Glacier White
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess as a cost cutting measure, VW left these off the Pro model cars - Why they left them off the FE is a mystery

To me, the car just looked unfinished with just the little Pro Emblem on the front fender and not the trailing half on the door, so I checked with my dealer to see if they were available
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Indeed they are and the cost isn't as exorbitant as I had feared - Just $42 per side
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille

The part numbers for the Pro S are 11A-853-688-E-XJW for the right (passenger) side and 11A-853-689-E-XJW for the drivers side. They're peel and stick, so clean the area with alcohol first and applying a strip of tape above the emblem to make sure you get it in line with the existing emblem is a good idea, 'cause once they're on, they're on!
Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel

The above part numbers are only for the Pro S which has the black stripes above and below the chrome. The ones for the FE are all chrome and have different numbers, but are equally available from your dealer if you want them. The 'list price' on my invoice shows as $49.35 each, but the 'Net' price was $42, just for the record

·
1st Edition
322 Posts
How are they attached? Adhesive? And how did you make sure that it was straight?

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
In the past, I have always de-badged my cars but so far I have been too lazy to do this one.

·
Kings Red Pro S w/Gradient
85 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

I know it's weird but the badging on the door and fender were the first things I noticed when I walked up to ours charging at the dealer the night we took delivery. This is the very first photo of our car in the flesh.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro, Glacier White
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the past, I have always de-badged my cars but so far I have been too lazy to do this one.
That was my other option - Just take off the existing badge and be done with it, but I kinda liked the look of the Pro S badging . . . . when I finally saw one in the flesh

With a white car, the ID.4 badging on the tailgate is almost unnoticeable. You would think VW would have chosen a contrasting color for that, like they did on every other color of the car. So few folks (around here anyway) have ever seen one and lots of people ask "What is it?" so you'd think VW would help them out by giving them something to Google while they're sitting behind you at a traffic light . . . . :unsure:

·
49 Posts
That was my other option - Just take off the existing badge and be done with it, but I kinda liked the look of the Pro S badging . . . . when I finally saw one in the flesh

With a white car, the ID.4 badging on the tailgate is almost unnoticeable. You would think VW would have chosen a contrasting color for that, like they did on every other color of the car. So few folks (around here anyway) have ever seen one and lots of people ask "What is it?" so you'd think VW would help them out by giving them something to Google while they're sitting behind you at a traffic light . . . . :unsure:
I dipped my rear ID.4 emblem on my white ID.4 black for this very reason.

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Sky Vehicle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts