Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi; I just bought a VW ID4 pro 2022. Although i am enjoying it a lot, however, my Samsung Note 20 Ultra is not connecting to the car play. It directly connects to an iphone, but not to an android phone. Anyone had the same issue or did you found any work around?
thank you;

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient RWD
398 Posts
Hi; I just bought a VW ID4 pro 2022. Although i am enjoying it a lot, however, my Samsung Note 20 Ultra is not connecting to the car play. It directly connects to an iphone, but not to an android phone. Anyone had the same issue or did you found any work around?
thank you;
My Samsung S22 Ultra connects with Android Auto perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient RWD
398 Posts
Thanks Ed, do you think my ID4 needs some new plug-ins to connect to Android??
I can connect to the regular Bluetooth connectivity, but not to the car play features (like iphone)
Rob.
I can't help with anything iphone, I'm strictly android only. I am on android version 13 also. My phone upgraded a few weeks ago.

·
Glacier White AWD Pro S Gradient
229 Posts
Thanks Ed, do you think my ID4 needs some new plug-ins to connect to Android??
I can connect to the regular Bluetooth connectivity, but not to the car play features (like iphone)
Rob.
Are you trying to connect an Android device to Car Play (An iOS app)? That's not possible. You will need to use Android Auto with your Note.

If you are attempting to connect to Android Auto you need to make sure you have that app on your Note.

·
Volkswagen ID.4 Pro RWD
21 Posts
thank you;
If you are using Samsung you can either use Mirrorlink or Android Auto. However when you connect via bluetooth you also need to have the cars hotspot on. It will then wirelessly connect using Android Auto. Mirrorlink requires a USB and you can also use Android Auto with a USB.

If you go the Mobile Devices page in settings you will see the option to use Android Auto, MirrorLink, and things like Bluetooth phone and bluetooth streaming and it's for each device.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts