Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
2023 AWD Pro S Pure Gray/Galaxy
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just arrived and pick up scheduled for Saturday!! It’s my wife’s car and our first electric. She is trading in her 2021 Audi Q3 PP Sline. Very excited but anxious also, as we would like a glitch-free car lol. L2 was installed last weekend.

Attachments

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will enjoy it. I have a 2021 AWD PRO S with 14K on it. Great vehicle. More important is how cool your garage is, makes a great home for the new child
Thanks for sharing your experience thus far. It’s always reassuring to read positive reviews from owners. And thanks for the compliment on my garage. I did it myself a few years back.

Attachments

·
17 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience thus far. It’s always reassuring to read positive reviews from owners. And thanks for the compliment on my garage. I did it myself a few years back.
Also looking at the dash you have 32% for 100 miles, that will be in my mind the last time you see such a high miles per Kw.

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So we picked up Ida Voss this morning, and I just finished washing her up as I wanted to avoid as many “no charge” swirl marks as possible and told them not to touch the paint. Unfortunately, there is quite a few swirls already, but being in the upper 30’s I could only do so much. Lots to learn…one thing I noticed on my ChargePoint L2 as I’m washing her, was the CP would go on and offline. Not sure why, competing with the car?? I’m waiting to plug in as we are still at 88% charge

Attachments

·
157 Posts
Your garage looks better than my office in the house :D

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand from this forum that the MyVW app is pretty much useless, but I'd still like to have it on my phone. However, for the life of me I cannot get it to work. My VIN is recognized, but the QR code never pops up on my touchscreen. Car is turned on. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

·
54 Posts
I understand from this forum that the MyVW app is pretty much useless, but I'd still like to have it on my phone. However, for the life of me I cannot get it to work. My VIN is recognized, but the QR code never pops up on my touchscreen. Car is turned on. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
On the car, under users click login… that should bring up the QR code.

·
1,717 Posts
I understand from this forum that the MyVW app is pretty much useless,
I think it’s more accurate to say that the app is “limited” and “unreliable” rather than “useless”. For my 2021, it only offers a few features, but the few features it does offer are useful for EV owners: start/stop charging, start/stop climate control, start/stop defrosting, set max charge level, view charging status. These are all useful features for me and have generally worked adequately where I am located.

I see the main problem with the app as being that, for unknown reasons, it doesn’t perform these functions reliably and speedily for many people. All communications with the car are done via the cellular connection, so if cell service is wonky where the car is located, that’ll cause issues.

It’s frustrating because if you’re sitting in your house using the app and the car is, say, 60 feet away, there’s no way to send commands directly to the car via Wi-Fi. All commands are sent from the app through your phone via the internet to VW’s central server and then relayed via the cell network to the car, which might or might not be fully “awake”. In other words, the architecture doesn’t exactly lend itself to speedy and reliable functionality.

·
2020 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 Turbo
154 Posts
I see the main problem with the app as being that, for unknown reasons, it doesn’t perform these functions reliably and speedily for many people. All communications with the car are done via the cellular connection, so if cell service is wonky where the car is located, that’ll cause issues.

It’s frustrating because if you’re sitting in your house using the app and the car is, say, 60 feet away, there’s no way to send commands directly to the car via Wi-Fi. All commands are sent from the app through your phone via the internet to VW’s central server and then relayed via the cell network to the car, which might or might not be fully “awake”. In other words, the architecture doesn’t exactly lend itself to speedy and reliable functionality.
Not sure which company have it differently but in my experience Toyota, Nissan and Ford apps been the same. Slow to respond and not always reliable which might have to do with cellular network.

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Continued some more detailing in the garage since it’s crazy cold/windy out, and completed my first mod, reflector delete. Although I’m not sure about the contrast. And boy, does this thing have some crazy wheel gap o_O

Attachments

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2 more questions, what is “direct charge” and do I want to enable/what percentage?

And should I enable “Energy Management” with all the talk about the 12v battery issues?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts