Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
13 Posts
I am keeping my ID.4 Pro S (Statement) reservation because I need AWD for the 2700lb towing capacity.
If the 1st edition had that towing capacity I would get it. I don't care about AWD vs RWD.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition Locked-in
255 Posts
The email cites that given the popularity of one-day FE ordering they've decided to produce some more units. Your call whether that's just clever VAG marketing and/or cancellation driven. ;)
1st edition must really have a lot of cancellations for them to add them back to avaliability

·
Super Moderator
255 Posts
Ironically I added the Gradient option to my reservation only moments before I got the FE ordering-extension email.

I may visit the portal tomorrow morning but I'm not so motivated as to lose any sleep. ;)

I'm thinking of switching my Pro S to an FE. Would rather have 19" wheels, but I can live with 20".

Any idea what time on the 7th the portal opens?

·
4 Posts
Major questions:

(1) Does switching from a Pro > 1st Edition change your delivery date to be earlier?

(2) What is on the Pro that is not on the 1st Edition (what features do you lose?)

If there's a price saving, feature parity (beyond cosmetic differences), a major cost-saving then is switching to a 1st edition a no-brainer?

The pre-order page calls out the following Pro features, possibly implying these are not on the 1st edition... are these also on the 1st edition?
  • IQ.DRIVE (Advanced Driver Assistance Technologies)
  • Discover Pro navigation with 10" display
  • ID.Light
  • Heated front seats & heated steering wheel
  • Wireless charging & App-Connect with wireless capabilities for compatible devices
Feels like flying blind not knowing this information and being asked to make a choice.
1st Editions will arrive sooner. Probably around April. Pro reservations will arrive in the summertime (slightly later for AWD). The 1st Edition is most simialr to the fully loaded Gradient Pro. It has all the above features (+ a 12" screen). Differentiators include play/pause pedals, no lighted logo in the front like the gradient Pro has, a white steering wheel and 1st Edition badging. Its also a slightly better price for the packaging as you mentioned.

·
293 Posts
The email cites that given the popularity of one-day FE ordering they've decided to produce some more units. Your call whether that's just clever VAG marketing and/or cancellation driven. ;)
Looks like they have opened up orders again.

·
11 Posts
I will stick with my original order for the ID.4 Pro Statement. I really want the dusk blue with the light color interior (not available in the FE model). Also prefer a black steering wheel over white and would rather have the 19" wheels as they would most likely give you a little softer ride and be more efficient as far as energy use is concerned. The Pro S only costs $500 more than the FE (also like the idea of the VW logo being illuminated!). The only thing I don't like is that I will have to wait longer for it😕.

·
Super Moderator
255 Posts
I actually agree with most every point you’ve made (don't really want the illuminated logo). But I procrastinated on the original FE reservation by a couple days and lost out, so decided I wouldn’t miss this opportunity. And I would like to receive it in the March-April timeframe.
I will stick with my original order for the ID.4 Pro Statement. I really want the dusk blue with the light color interior (not available in the FE model). Also prefer a black steering wheel over white and would rather have the 19" wheels as they would most likely give you a little softer ride and be more efficient as far as energy use is concerned. The Pro S only costs $500 more than the FE (also like the idea of the VW logo being illuminated!). The only thing I don't like is that I will have to wait longer for it😕.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
If the FE would come in AWD, I'd go for it. However, I do want the AWD. As far as waiting for it, in my case, is a good thing cause I will have one of my car notes paid in full by May.

·
17 Posts
I'm thinking of switching my Pro S to an FE. Would rather have 19" wheels, but I can live with 20".

Any idea what time on the 7th the portal opens?
I have a reservation for an FE but am hoping to be able to switch out the 20" wheels for 19". We'll see how that goes...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts