Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mythos Black, RWD Pro Gradient
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a mach e GT. No comparison with the ID4 RWD. We don’t need 2 BEV, ideally we would have traded the ID4 for a PHEV but my wife didn’t like any of the options. So we are getting a Macan. Our VW dealer also has a Porsche dealer atttached. We paid $47k for ID4. Have 11k miles and getting $43k. Given our $7500 tax credit we make out ahead on the deal and almost 9 months of free driving… can’t complain. It’s a nice car. A little bit boring I suppose but for a basic EV that looks and drives like an ICE it’s a fine car. Only used EA twice. Sort of a shame the new buyer can’t use the 3 years of free charging or get the tax credit. But the car is in like new shape. So it’s going to be a good deal for whoever buys it. I will post what the dealer lists it for. That should be interesting.

·
2021 RWD Pro S Glacier White Gradient
38 Posts
I recently sold my 2021 Pro S Gradient RWD with 8k miles. Here are the quotes I got:
  • Algo: 43k
  • Trade in at my dealer (from whom I took the AWD): 44k
  • Vroom: 44k
  • Carvana: 45k
  • CarBuyerUSA: 46k
  • Driveway: 47k
  • CarGurus: 48k

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cargurus offered me $48k as well. But that would mean I have to pay tax ( 8% ). So my dealer offer is worth like $46.5k. So car guru is still $1,500 better. I guess that would be the better deal…. But I just feel like using my dealer and having them do all the paper work and whatnot it an easier route than using some online service I have never heard of before. Maybe I am leaving some money on the table. Oh well.

@7S POWER - we have another BEV and we wanted to have another drive around everyday car that was PHEV or ICE for longer trips. That is why we are going with the Macan.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
4,747 Posts
So I could still sell my ID.4 for $10K more than I paid for it (exactly Fed tax credit plus State rebate already received). Amazing!!

Macan is looking better. ;) But then the much higher price, higher insurance, higher maintenance, gasoline cost, sales tax & document costs, restart of max Excise tax .... Sometimes I hate my inner frugal Yankee. :cautious:
I recently sold my 2021 Pro S Gradient RWD with 8k miles. Here are the quotes I got:
  • Algo: 43k
  • Trade in at my dealer (from whom I took the AWD): 44k
  • Vroom: 44k
  • Carvana: 45k
  • CarBuyerUSA: 46k
  • Driveway: 47k
  • CarGurus: 48k

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So my 2021 ID4 with 10,210 miles is listed for $48,750 about $1k over its original MSRP. Dealer gave me $43,500 in final trade in, so they are trying to make $5k off of it. I feel bad for whoever buys it as they will not get 3 years of EA or the $7500 tax credit… Also funny they have not turned off my CarNet access so I can see when they charge it and turn on climate control. Hehe. I could have gotten $48k from cargurus as Carvana only offered me $43k. But at least as a trade in I did not have to pay 8.5% tax so I ended up pretty much in the same ballpark and did it all with the same dealer. Let’s see how long it takes to sell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts