Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ID.4 1st Edition Glacier White
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone who opted for a Pro RWD made it through step 1 and were able to lock in options yet?

From a VW rep I understand they are about to open up a group of non-first edition orders to the full ordering and lock in soon.

·
324 Posts
Wondering if anyone who opted for a Pro RWD made it through step 1 and were able to lock in options yet?

From a VW rep I understand they are about to open up a group of non-first edition orders to the full ordering and lock in soon.
I reserved early and lock-in was in late January.

·
89 Posts
I reserved Jan 18th, so I'm a relative latecomer. Still on step 1/7, but this is encouraging news!

Reactions: majorgearhead

·
Glacier White/Lunar Grey 1st Edition with 19" Wheels
166 Posts
Yea, the next wave must be coming soon. Once all the FE's hit the road in the US, the pressure is going to be on to keep a consistent flow of cars to at least meet the pre-order demand. Otherwise they risk alienating their patient customers.

·
694 Posts
I just checked my VWPortal, my AWD ProS is now at step 2. I ordered the first day reservations were open. No email for me either... check your portal.

Reactions: Craig063 and ErickF

·
89 Posts
Just checked mine, and sure enough, on step 2! Woo hoo!

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Step 2 here well actually step 3. Woo-hoo! Fortuitous that I was thinking about this today and folks checked mid-day. This also dovetails exactly with what the VW rep told me so feels good when you get honesty from a car company. Now the long wait for manufacturing and a new round of folks become maritime logistics experts. See you all on the other side.

BTW, not that it matters but in the state of SC in case they were doing this geographically. Also placed initial reservation on Feb, 15 2021.

·
89 Posts
Step 2 here well actually step 3. Woo-hoo! Fortuitous that I was thinking about this today and folks checked mid-day. This also dovetails exactly with what the VW rep told me so feels good when you get honesty from a car company. Now the long wait for manufacturing and a new round of folks become maritime logistics experts. See you all on the other side.

BTW, not that it matters but in the state of SC in case they were doing this geographically. Also placed initial reservation on Feb, 15 2021.
Yup, your timing is impeccable! I posted on the other thread, but mine came through today too, and locked in. I'm in NC, and it's really nice to see that they're not giving preferential treatment to ZEV states. It's really hard to find a non-Tesla EV around here. I would have looked at a Volvo or Hyundai over the last couple years if they'd been available here.

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, your timing is impeccable! I posted on the other thread, but mine came through today too, and locked in. I'm in NC, and it's really nice to see that they're not giving preferential treatment to ZEV states. It's really hard to find a non-Tesla EV around here. I would have looked at a Volvo or Hyundai over the last couple years if they'd been available here.
Same and in fact I have to drive nearly 3 hours to Charlotte, NC if I even wanted a Tesla. For a while I had the only Kia Soul EV in the state of SC according to the DMV. Have since relinquished this and have a Chevy Bolt and hopefully the ID.4 in the next few months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts