Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

ID.4 RWD Pro S Dusk Blue
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for that information. I hope mine can move along at the same pace. If it does, I should be at step 4 on April 17.
I've been on step 3 since mid Jan, so I am not sure there is any real defining time frame on when they get manufactured and shipped. I am a Pro S RWD, so should hopefully be soon.

I've been on step 3 since mid Jan, so I am not sure there is any real defining time frame on when they get manufactured and shipped. I am a Pro S RWD, so should hopefully be soon.
Mine moved from step 3 to step 4 in six days. It is a pro s rwd.

Pro S RWD ... Ordered 3/10 -> locked 4/1 -> Leaving 4/6 ... i have yet to see any deliveries in TX though even for 1st editions

Pro S RWD Ordered in September, locked end of January, Moved to Step 4 on 3/12, moved to step 5 on 4/5. I'm in Northern Virginia, so it will likely be a shorter amount of time to dealer from Baltimore. Of course I'm in the middle of refinancing our mortgage, so it's terrible timing--can't have another hit on the credit report, which will mess up the refi! :cautious:I hope they are okay with me delaying pickup by a week or so until we close toward end of month--opposite problem of most people on here!

ID.4 RWD Pro S Dusk Blue
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Pro S RWD ... Ordered 3/10 -> locked 4/1 -> Leaving 4/6 ... i have yet to see any deliveries in TX though even for 1st editions
I am suspecting that since I am in TX that it could be related to why I am having to wait so long. I talked to the rep at my dealer last week, and even though they did get in an FE for demos, the FE orders for customers they are supposed to get are still not on their way. At first I thought it was a CARB issue, but there are other states that are not CARB states that are getting them, so not really sure anymore.

I am suspecting that since I am in TX that it could be related to why I am having to wait so long. I talked to the rep at my dealer last week, and even though they did get in an FE for demos, the FE orders for customers they are supposed to get are still not on their way. At first I thought it was a CARB issue, but there are other states that are not CARB states that are getting them, so not really sure anymore.
Haha, i just assume its TX and it is just what it is ;) ... I think there might be a big splash for SW region all at once but just guessing.

ID.4 RWD Pro S Dusk Blue
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Haha, i just assume its TX and it is just what it is ;) ... I think there might be a big splash for SW region all at once but just guessing.
I just checked again right now, and it is now on step 4/7 (yay! :D). So hopefully I will not have to wait to long for shipment to the dealer since Houston is one of the ports they use.

ID.4 Pro S Moonstone Grey
Ordered Pro S Moonstone Grey on 9/23/2020, then step 4/7 on 3/25/2021
Ship date was supposed to be 3/30 with port arrival on 4/13.
Hard to guess the ship since there are 3 possible ships leaving around 3/30. I am hoping car is on BISHU HIGHWAY .. no way that will happen.

Premium Member
As I have previously posted I ordered a blue Pro S Gradient with gray interior on March 20. This morning, April 6th, the car was moved to step 4 of the process. This afternoon I emailed the salesman and asked if he had any other information. I was shocked with what he told me: car built 3/18, shipped 3/29, ETA in Houston(?) 4/25 and delivery early May! I wrote him back and asked if he was certain this was our car. Said that VW probably assigned the commission number (?) and VIN of a car they were building to me because someone else cancelled. So if this comes to pass as I hope it will it should be seven or eight weeks order to delivery. When we did the test drive on 3/20 and before I placed the order later that day I asked for an estimate of the delivery and was told 4-5 months.

As I have previously posted I ordered a blue Pro S Gradient with gray interior on March 20. This morning, April 6th, the car was moved to step 4 of the process. This afternoon I emailed the salesman and asked if he had any other information. I was shocked with what he told me: car built 3/18, shipped 3/29, ETA in Houston(?) 4/25 and delivery early May! I wrote him back and asked if he was certain this was our car. Said that VW probably assigned the commission number (?) and VIN of a car they were building to me because someone else cancelled. So if this comes to pass as I hope it will it should be seven or eight weeks order to delivery. When we did the test drive on 3/20 and before I placed the order later that day I asked for an estimate of the delivery and was told 4-5 months.
Are you in TX?

How long did it take to move from step 3 to step 4?
It took me about a month, I locked around 3/6 and moved to step 4 yesterday 4/6. I have not received an official email, this was by just checking the portal. Thanks to posts on this forum I was able to get my Vin but not sure what I can fo with that info yet.

It took me about a month, I locked around 3/6 and moved to step 4 yesterday 4/6. I have not received an official email, this was by just checking the portal. Thanks to posts on this forum I was able to get my Vin but not sure what I can fo with that info yet.
Oh forgot to mention, this is for a Pro S, waiting in San Diego.

2021 Pro-S
Got the email 3/14 that my RWD Pro S (non-Gradient) is on step 4. Reserverd back in September. I've read that some FE orders skipped step 4 in the tracker and just went to step 5, could be the case with yours.
My Pro-S (non-gradient) that I reserved on March 18 is also at Step 4 today.

Pro S, Dusk Blue Metallic
Mine just moved to step 5, arrived in the US. I got the notification that it was leaving the factory (step 4) on March 13. It is coming to the west coast.

Pro S, Dusk Blue Metallic
When did you reserve your ID4?
I initially reserved a Pro (no statement) in mid-December, then modified my configuration to Pro S in mid-January, around the same time that I was prompted to lock in my reservation. I also switched dealers at that time, from one on the east coast to one on the west coast.

ID.4 1st Edition Blue (acquired 4/20/2021)
Went to step 5 on 4/6, spoke to the dealer today. Car is in fact in the Port of Jacksonville and due to be delivered to dealer on 4/23. He did say sometimes they come early and sometimes they are delayed for whatever reasons, but the system is saying that right now. We鈥檒l see... Pro S

21 - 40 of 46 Posts