Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 Pro, Glacier White
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know anything about it either, but I like that it looks stock (most folks wouldn't know it was there or what it was for) and that it doesn't require running wires to power it. the 3 year protection plan they offer for $22 might be a good idea

They've been selling similar unit for other VW models for quite some time

·
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I can back out of the garage with the camera on in less time than it takes me to buckle my seatbelt after I press the brake pedal - I'm amazed at how fast the car boots up and is ready to drive

·
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I purchased directly from FiTCAM because the price for both front and back cameras was less than what was advertised on a large online retailer A....N. I was unaware of the Ali Express offer but I am satisfied with the purchase.
You bought the front and rear cameras? I see when you order both, you have a choice of a 4K front camera with the 1080P rear camera - or - A 1440 front cam for $50 less. Wondering exactly what you bought and how long it took to arrive?

·
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I was unaware of the higher definition front option but this was on sale. This is what I got: Fitcamx Dash Cam for 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 / ID.6 × 1 Front 1440P+ Rear 1080P+ 64G. It took 2-3 weeks to arrive but they did have a decent tracking link to monitor. I am happy with the video quality.
Thanks! Think you just saved me $50 (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts