Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 628 Posts

·
414 Posts
When did you reserve originally?

·
15 Posts
This is the question I have. Hopefully we can keep the discussion to locking MY23 orders and not have to debate the tax credit again.

@AprilMay Not to give away any op-sec if you don't want to, but the flag on your user profile is not the USA. Italy? I believe. So I assume you've locked a MY23 coming from Germany delivering to Italy?

A lot of us here are curious about locking MY23 from Chattanooga, TN. I haven't seen anyone post about locking a MY23 on this forum. I saw one post on Reddit were someone has locked a MY23, but it was a non-Pro model?

Reactions: x19

·
15 Posts
I changed my 2022 to 2023. Status code 10 currently.
May I ask when you made the reservation?

This is what frustrates me, with VW not you. I reserved mine 12/10/21, locked on 7/13/22. Currently sitting at status code 05. Should I have not locked this order and wait to covert it to a MY23? I was assuming VW would do the right thing and migrate the order to a MY23. Why would they build a car in Germany and ship it to the US, when they can just build it the US?!!

·
16 Posts
May I ask when you made the reservation?

This is what frustrates me, with VW not you. I reserved mine 12/10/21, locked on 7/13/22. Currently sitting at status code 05. Should I have not locked this order and wait to covert it to a MY23? I was assuming VW would do the right thing and migrate the order to a MY23. Why would they build a car in Germany and ship it to the US, when they can just build it the US?!!
I reserved February 26.

·
53 Posts
Some speculation US Govt may extend $7500 to those who apply till end of 2022 so ID4 Germany may get the rebate. But don't wait to see re-apply for the 2023 Chattanooga TN USA production. But this may not qualify if battery elements do not meet requirements .

·
165 Posts
Some speculation US Govt may extend $7500 to those who apply till end of 2022 so ID4 Germany may get the rebate. But don't wait to see re-apply for the 2023 Chattanooga TN USA production. But this may not qualify if battery elements do not meet requirements .
Who is speculating that and where?

·
15 Posts
This will probably piss some people off.
I originally reserved 7/26/22 for a 22 AWD Pro S. On 8/13 I got the email to lock in. Updated to a 23 AWD Pro S. Should be coming from Chattanooga plant.
Yep, this is what I'm talking about. You ordered 7 months after me, but will likely get your car before me. But good for you though.

·
60 Posts
I really hope for the rest of the non delivered 22s to still qualify in some way for the rest of the year but what’s worrisome is if they are delivered in 2023. Already some of the German locked orders have been pushed to 12/22-2/23 delivery which I think is unacceptable if the US 23s are being delivered. Honestly I don’t even have much faith that the 23s will be on the roads before mid 23 with how VW has been in the past.

·
56 Posts
I really hope for the rest of the non delivered 22s to still qualify in some way for the rest of the year but what’s worrisome is if they are delivered in 2023. Already some of the German locked orders have been pushed to 12/22-2/23 delivery which I think is unacceptable if the US 23s are being delivered. Honestly I don’t even have much faith that the 23s will be on the roads before mid 23 with how VW has been in the past.
I think the first 6 months worth of chattanooga id4s will be taken up by vw employees and family.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I think the first 6 months worth of chattanooga id4s will be taken up by vw employees and family.
If that were true @Plant Peon would be driving one by now.

VW wants to make the most profit they can. Selling at MSRP gives VW a good profit, employee sales not as much.

·
2023 AWD Pro S (Opal White/Cosmic Interior) - reserved 08/07, locked 09/20
110 Posts
Who is speculating this? Or where is this speculation coming from?

·
31 Posts
If that were true @Plant Peon would be driving one by now.

VW wants to make the most profit they can. Selling at MSRP gives VW a good profit, but employee sales not as much.
I believe they might have encountered some productivity issues since each new production may have extra man hours spent for each output off the line compared to the ones which are already on the production line. Training of newly hired ones for ID 4 by seniors eats up some part of the allocated man hours which could be used for the production. Moreover, with high turnover rates in the employees especially if you are hiring thousands of workers in a short time, you can not choose the best candidates. It is not an easy job the working in the plant, having the same training sessions for each newly hired team makes the production levels lower. Especially if you are hiring blue-collar jobs in one of the most delevepped countries where there are plenty of jobs outside is really difficult to manage. If this plant opened somewhere in the world where there are higher unemployment rates, HR/Management issues would be so low. I believe most of the seniors are swamped under the pressure of production goals at this moment.No one in the plant would like to have those cars at this moment if there is such pressure.

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Curious why Korea did so well with supply of Kia EV6 and Hyundai Ionic 5s. They didn’t seem to be hurt by supply issues. But then again, they stopped taking pre-orders long ago. I think VW kept taking pre-orders long before they should have stopped. Now it’s like that old I LOVE LUCY epsiode where the chocolate on the conveyor belt is out of control and VW has chocolate all over their face.

1 - 20 of 628 Posts