Volkswagen ID Forum banner
361 - 380 of 624 Posts

·
ID.4 AWD Pro S red res. 7/31/22 locked 9/20/22
31 Posts
I also am showing 20-2 and I just locked 2 days ago ! Maybe it is a bug or mistake in the VW database ?

Reservation StatusACTIVE
Order Status20-2 : Left the port
ModelID.4
TrimID.4 AWD Pro S
Model Year2023
Reservation Date2022-07-30
Order Requested Date2022-09-20
Estimated From Delivery Date2022-11-01
Estimated To Delivery Date2023-01-01

·
4 Posts
I locked a 2023 Pro S AWD Pure Gray on 9/20/22 and went to 15-2 today. 🥳

Meanwhile, my 2022 Pro S AWD Moonstone Gray I ordered on 12/23/21 and locked on 7/13/22 is still 03...

·
2023 AWD Pro S (Opal White/Cosmic Interior) - reserved 08/07, locked 09/20
110 Posts
I also am showing 20-2 and I just locked 2 days ago ! Maybe it is a bug or mistake in the VW database ?

Reservation StatusACTIVE
Order Status20-2 : Left the port
ModelID.4
TrimID.4 AWD Pro S
Model Year2023
Reservation Date2022-07-30
Order Requested Date2022-09-20
Estimated From Delivery Date2022-11-01
Estimated To Delivery Date2023-01-01
What colors did you lock with?

·
29 Posts
My AWD Pro remains unlocked as well. I've seen very few, if any, mentions of reserving an AWD Pro. In fact, I think you're the only other one I've seen.

I wonder if it has to do with the lack of glass roof. That surely required an adjustment to the assembly line.
I'm also AWD Pro! ...and also unlocked :(

Interesting point about the roofs. Anyone know if the 2022s with and without glass roofs were coming out in distinctly different batches?

·
14 Posts
Crazy, I just put an order in a few weeks ago (9/7), changed it to AWD Pro S a few days later (based on the insider saying AWD was all Chattanooga was building right now), and locked yesterday. A WebDev code search today returned 15-2 (under production). I also noted the Estimated Pickup went from Dec-Jan yesterday, to Nov-Jan today. I was anticipating Feb-March if I'm lucky. I might make the Dec 31 "deadline" for rebate. My apologies to those who haven't locked.

·
159 Posts
My 2023 reservation just went to 20-1 today. I bit disoriented at how fast this one went to that point. o_O

·
159 Posts
that's crazy. Has anyone chimed in on how long it takes them to build one? I would suspect its a bit simpler than a ICE. My 2022 Suburban diesel took less than a week.
Well, its pretty clear to me that they already built it before they assigned it to my lock.

I see that people have some codes from 20-1 to 30-1, but these codes all seem to be basically the same thing when talking about TN built cars. So, does that mean 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, and 30-2 are all basically equivalent to each other?

20-1 Production complete, VIN assigned
20-2 Left the port (wheel step 4, at this point some dealers can tell you a ship number for those really obsessed with this.)
30-1 Arrived in port but not unloaded yet.
30-2 Unloaded from ship, not cleared customs yet (wheel step 5.).

·
150 Posts
Well, its pretty clear to me that they already built it before they assigned it to my lock.

I see that people have some codes from 20-1 to 30-1, but these codes all seem to be basically the same thing when talking about TN built cars. So, does that mean 20-1, 20-2, and 30-1 are all basically equivalent to each other?
call your dealer and let us know when your car will be on his lot, will give us idea how long shipping US ID4 takes

·
56 Posts
I think VW is trying to sell the pre-production pieces. I guess they know there are so many ev fanboys out there.
OR, they already made a lot of them but were missing things like BSM. VW does seem to have a shortage of BSM sensors for all other models. Quite possible that they just got those parts or maybe they will just sell the car without the BSM. Remember that warning that pops up when you look at your config?

·
18 Posts
Crazy, I just put an order in a few weeks ago (9/7), changed it to AWD Pro S a few days later (based on the insider saying AWD was all Chattanooga was building right now), and locked yesterday. A WebDev code search today returned 15-2 (under production). I also noted the Estimated Pickup went from Dec-Jan yesterday, to Nov-Jan today. I was anticipating Feb-March if I'm lucky. I might make the Dec 31 "deadline" for rebate. My apologies to those who haven't locked.
Curious, what color awd pro s did you reserve? Any add on features? I’m just wondering if I should change my current 15-2 (code confirmed) status vehicle.

·
43 Posts
I think VW is trying to sell the pre-production pieces. I guess they know there are so many ev fanboys out there.
OR, they already made a lot of them but were missing things like BSM. VW does seem to have a shortage of BSM sensors for all other models. Quite possible that they just got those parts or maybe they will just sell the car without the BSM. Remember that warning that pops up when you look at your config?
What's BSM?

361 - 380 of 624 Posts