Volkswagen ID Forum banner
381 - 400 of 624 Posts

·
48 Posts
Well, I ain't no statistician nor nuthin, but as I mined all these I Locked My 2023 posts for useful-to-me information, I realized almost every newly locked 2023 was a Pro S, both AWDs and RWDs. AWD Pros were conspicuous by their absence, though I might have seen an RWD Pro or three flicker past.
Is this just class-conflict confirmation bias? Are the upscale trims prioritized? Are there just more Pro Ss relative to the Pros?
Mine's a pro rwd

·
159 Posts
So, I called the dealership and got a VIN. They only other info I could get out of them is that it was produced in week 34. So, that would have been the last week in August if I am correct. So, yeah, they are assigning already built cars.

·
25 Posts
Wouldn't factory deliveries be illegal in most states as it would be something of a direct sale? I mean, the dealer has to do something right other than rip you off? Maybe, once in transit, you could sign the paperwork and officially purchase it?
You could do a factory delivery the way they do in Europe…pick up at factory, enjoy a few days driving vacation in and around the beautiful country that is TN, then drop off at factory for shipping home IF the dealers require their cut!

·
25 Posts
looks to be US order:
Reservation StatusACTIVE
Order Status20-2 : Left the port
ModelID.4
TrimID.4 AWD Pro S
DrivetrainAWD
PackageID.4 AWD Pro S
Model Year2023
Interior ColorGalaxy
Exterior ColorAurora Red Metallic
MSRP$51,690
Destination Charge$1,295
Reservation Date2022-08-11
Order Requested Date2022-09-20
Estimated From Delivery Date2022-11-01
Estimated To Delivery Date2023-01-01
Could you please tell me where does this readout format come from?

·
159 Posts
So, I called the dealership and got a VIN. They only other info I could get out of them is that it was produced in week 34. So, that would have been the last week in August if I am correct. So, yeah, they are assigning already built cars.
@Plant Peon should I send you the VIN so I can make sure it is signed before it leaves the plant? :D

Reactions: billh96007
381 - 400 of 624 Posts